ADVERTISEMENT

UCF COACH JOSH HEUPEL WILL JOIN OPEN MIKE IN THE MORNING!!!

MBianchi

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 11, 2002
Don't forget, Coach Heupel will join Open Mike with Bianchi and Kravitz in the morning at 6:15 a.m. (we will replay the interview again at 8:15 a.m.) Leave questions in the "comments" section and we will get to as many as possible. You can listen to us on FM 96.9 and AM 740 in Orlando and AM 930 in Jacksonville.

Can he gaurantee we score at least 243 points against Navy? I think we - the honest, unbiased fans - can all agree anything less might as well be a loss and also a slap in the face to Navy's rich history.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Not sure why you guys always bash Bianchi?? The guy is a UCF Homer and supports our Natty, unfairness on how we're getting hosed by the CFP, and always praises our team when they're doing good.

He's a damn journalist, is he supposed to take our side regardless of right or wrong. Is he allowed to have an opinion that's contrary to yours??

You guys must watch a lot of FOX news where facts don't matter, and everyone conveniently turns a blind eye. Good grief...

Last edited:
Not sure why you guys always bash Bianchi?? The guy is a UCF Homer and supports are Natty, unfairness on how we're getting hosed by the CFP, and always praises our team when they're doing good.

He's a damn journalist, is he supposed to take our side regardless of right or wrong. Is he allowed to have an opinion that's contrary to yours??

You guys must watch a lot of FOX news where facts don't matter, and everyone conveniently turns a blind eye. Good grief...
Exactly. He’s a damn journalist. And what do journalists do? Write stories that people will read. What does that do? That makes money.

So...,, don’t be naive. He’s a Gator at heart and would turn on UCF in a minute if he has an interesting story that will indirectly lead to making money. Look at what he asked Killins last year. Look how he’s always pressing Heupel for privileged information that would make a great story. If he really cared about UCF, would he try to get Josh Heupel to leak Milton’s injury status days prior to the game?

You hit the nail on the head. He’s a damn journalist and we are the diehard fans.

The National Championship presentation last year was sensationalism (for him, not for UCF) and so are his Finebaum show appearances. He’s just trying to be relevant and make a story.

The only thing that I do believe is that he DOES think that some associated with the P5 are elitists

Last edited:
Not sure why you guys always bash Bianchi?? The guy is a UCF Homer and supports are Natty, unfairness on how we're getting hosed by the CFP, and always praises our team when they're doing good.

Did he ever apologize to AK?

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
You can’t be a Gator fan and pretend to be a UCF fan just because you work in Orlando
Hmm.... You mean like Marc Daniels?? How about Gene Frenette? Both went to UF, but bleed UCF and FSU.

A lot of people went to different schools and support their local teams. You truly disappointed me Mikesi, you've allowed cronyism (vs reality) to cloud your judgment.

Mike is a good guy, but it's true - he's a gator homer at heart. Why he hasn't gotten fully on-board yet is beyond me.

You know, most of the time people that are brainwashed don't even realize they are brainwashed. It's a sad state of affairs, but we're moving the rock one chain link at a time to get that turned around.

Reactions: Mikesi
Oh...he mmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddddd now!

He talks about "ya'll" on the bridge today...starts at the 10 min mark. (Just click/move time)

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/470-...pisode/what-have-we-done-to-college-30106106/

It seems that Bianchi wants everyone to forget how he treated (with disdain) UCF during his first 15-16 years at the local paper...and not just the last 2.5 years.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Sure, he's written articles that I didn't like, and he could turn at any time...but he's been all positive on UCF lately. Maybe he's seen the light of the disrespect we get as well. Why don't we embrace those that talk positive about us - who cares if it is at least partly due to him knowing he's in the Orlando market and UCF support is popular.

Not everyone is our to get us. ESPN is because they have to protect their investment. MB is just fine.

You know, most of the time people that are brainwashed don't even realize they are brainwashed. It's a sad state of affairs, but we're moving the rock one chain link at a time to get that turned around.
Can we please stop talking about CNN fake news. :sunglasses:

You truly disappointed me Mikesi, you've allowed cronyism (vs reality) to cloud your judgment.
He’s only been good (sort of) to UCF since we have been successful. He’s a bandwagon fan. He’s trashed us for years and still does about our attendance, need to blow teams out, the Killins incident, etc.

He’s always looking for a story at the expense of our program

Sensationalism to the max

Last edited:
Hmm.... You mean like Marc Daniels??
Creating a stir wasn’t intended, but I don’t ever see Mike Bianchi and Marc Daniels even being in the same class when discussing UCF

I met Marc in Ireland. Great guy!

Meh, my only beef with Bianchi was the Killins incident. The guy's alright, he just likes to stir the pot. You just have to give him a wedgie or snap a towel at him once in a while to get him back in line. The truly malicious ones are dudes like Finebaum and Forde - just hateful little pricks I'd love to get on a grass patch.

Reactions: Mikesi
Back in 04, UCF cancelled its subscription to the Orlando Sentinel because of Mike Bianchi and a column he wrote. That meant their circulation decreased a lot because UCF took over 10,000 subscriptions spread out amongst 6 central Florida campuses. His article was why UCF is a terrible school and they should be ashamed at how bad their football playing is, that we are a glorified backup school, and that our degrees were worthless because we weren’t a prestigious university like FSU, UF, or Miami. The school told the paper they would not accept delivery and to remove the newspaper machines on campus or facilities services would do it for them. I think UCF looked into getting the Florida Today paper to replace it but the Slantinel came crawling back and published an apology. I had heard they got trashed about it online and that UCF alumni were so angry they were cancelling their subs. That was also why Andrea Adelson passed him by and moved on to ESPN. She used to be the UCF beat writer and put out a lot of good press about us from 02-06 before she got picked up by ESPN and was assigned the Big East and had to cover Da Bulls. When she writes about UCF, I think she is passionate because I think her husband or brother is an alumni and she has ties to us through her family.

I don’t feel like the “legions of the miserable”

Howabout you @Knight_Light ? Do you?

All this pro-UCF stuff is short term advertising.
He’s not a real UCF fan. Plain and simple. Yeah.. Yeah.. we understand that you went on the Feinbaum show and presented a National Championship trophy.

Some of that and having Danny White and CJH on your show is what local sportscasters do.

Does this board represent the majority of views of the UCF fans? Doubt it, but there are a lot of people on here that represent UCF by going to games (home and away) and are very respectful in doing so and in other ways.

So.., don’t count one thread as the way we all act all the time, just because you’re upset

As far not coming here and not asking us to provide any questions anymore. You rarely asked them anyway.

Additionally, if you don’t come on here, we wouldn’t know anyone was even being interviewed or when, so your lost advertising

Yeah, I'm not going to forget the years of alternating negative and non-coverage of our program just because he's carrying water for us while we're successful and UF is a dumpster fire.

That being said, I do get his reaction a bit. He was simply reminding us of CJH's appearance on the radio program and soliciting questions from us to ask.

Who cares if he’s not a “real” UCF fan. He’s giving us good press. Plus, what is a “real” fan, anyway? Is it someone that graduated from UCF? My parents didn’t...but all 4 of their kids did and we’ve been tailgating and had season tickets since BHNS opened. Are they not “real” fans?

What about the Knightline guy? He didn’t go to UCF, but puts his blood, sweat, and tears (and $$$) into the best UCF podcast out there. Is he not a real fan?

Maybe now that the boring O’Leary days are behind us Mike has found that he actually likes UCF and wants them to do well, have you ever considered that?

I graduated from UCF twice, but I still had a lot of critical things to say in the GOL years. Am I a “real” fan?

I started listening to Bianchi probably back in 2011/12ish. He was kind of a do**che back then, especially compared to Marc and company, but even then, he wasn't entirely anti-UCF and he grew on me little by little. Compared to then, he's been really cool the last few years so I don't mind the guy. A little annoying sometimes but meh.

Bianchi did give us the term #genshafted and wrote a scatching article about her and the attempts to keep us out of the big east. So, I'll give him that. He has a hard job talking football smack all day and early morning on the radio then click bait articles for the paper. Other than that he should be able to take the abuse if he is going to throw stones as well. This morning on the bridge he was going to address this forum, but Marc Daniels changed subjects quickly and gave him a way out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT