ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Crowd Experience @ UF

Can anyone who was there comment on our fanbase, along with how UF treated them?
They didn't say anything out of the way to me. On the walk to the stadium, fans were like "Don't beat us too badly." They sung some super lame azz alma mater before kickoff. I thought they rooted on their team and were more into the game than the UCF folks. It wasn't an especially loud crowd. I thought the PA folks played music and for too long and did too much stupid crap. I didn't care for the gay azz videos they showed on the jumbotron during the TV timeouts. The light shows and pyrotechnics were average. It was like a B list production. The UF fans did have a slight undercurrent of superiority. They occasionally chanted something to the effect of "UF You Suck," but I couldn't understand what they were saying. They seemed generally more happy just to get a win than to rub it to run it in UCF fans' faces.

The Swamp definitely wasn't as good as I remembered it 20 years ago. It was more intimidating when Ron Zook was the head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT