ADVERTISEMENT

UCF fans better start appreciating Gus Malzahn — or else | Commentary

How little you know Bianchi…. Whenever he hasn’t done prep work, he makes an all encompassing statement like “young UCF fans don’t appreciate Malzhan”. He then gets on a high horse about fandom and how negative they are, etc. etc. From reading two posts…

He does this with predictable cadence.

Mark Daniels will often jump on the same train when they see a handful of people on twitter making a statement and then lump every fan in.

Don’t take him too serious. Nobody does.
He’s that weird kid at school that people tolerate for what he is…

Thank gawd that's behind a pay wall. Bianchi is the worse. Remember when he was disrespecting The Shaq at the Orlando Magic. I'm like stfu. He is just click bait material. A troll with 'journalist' as a title.

We all respect Gus and don't need anyone telling us "or else". Or else what? I guess I won't know as can't see the article, nor want to.

Last season it was why did you give the guy the contract extension and now this season it's better give him more?

TMB_Duckies_v1_1.gif

Well, I do want to say that if you were sitting in Raymond James stadium for the bowl game against Georgia tech, you might not be so respectful of Gus. I really respect him and think (hope) he'll advance the program but that game was a depressing, embarrassing, sht show! Offense and Defense! Now, with that said, we must have better record than last year and not .500! :cool:

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Reminds me when Vince McMahon told the crowd in Charlotte that Kurt Angle was "your hero ... whether you like it or not" ..... it did not end well !!

Last edited:
I’ll appreciate it when we start putting more hardware in the trophy case. Until then, I’ll still enjoy every game but “appreciation” is earned….especially with the kind of money thrown around with college football.
I understand but Georgia was winning Recruiting National Championships before it was winning CFP National Championships

Reactions: Knight_Light
Malzahn recruited top ten at Auburn for ten years and won nothing.
Malzahn never had the best recruiting class in the SEC. Some of his top 10 recruiting classes finished rank third in the SEC Western Division, 5th or 6th overall in the league of extraordinary gentlemen.

Malzahn never had the best recruiting class in the SEC. Some of his top 10 recruiting classes finished rank third in the SEC Western Division, 5th or 6th overall in the league of extraordinary gentlemen.
Arbitrary numbers. Comes down to coaching and if a player puts work in to become better. Hard to measure heart and passion until they are on your team but that’s a part of recruiting. The difference between 1st and 5th classes is minute.

Arbitrary numbers. Comes down to coaching and if a player puts work in to become better. Hard to measure heart and passion until they are on your team but that’s a part of recruiting. The difference between 1st and 5th classes is minute.
I do not necessarily disagree, but saying that Auburn was "more talented" on paper because of "recruiting rankings" is far fetched. Other teams had more talent on paper.

There are VERY FEW active NCAA head coaches, who have faced Gus and have not suffered a loss to Gus.

(Most are to coaches Gus faced with Hepuel's recruits TBH).

At Auburn, Gus never beat Dabo Sweeney and P.J Fleck. Like I said, not many. Many e another one or two.

If you can legitimately refute any of that, please let me know.

Gus never beat Ken Niumatalolo while at UCF. No one else's been that humiliated.
Well, Scott Frost. Six losing seasons in 7 years is pretty doggone humiliating.

But hey, he never lost to Gus, so he is right up there with Niumatalolo, Fleck, and Dabo.

EDIT: Scratch Frost. I said "active" NCAA head coaches.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

sounds like Mario and MIDami
You are flexing based on an article from Bianchi who is an idiot of the highest level. The team last year was 90% Malzone’s recruits. 6-7…1-4 vs P5 on the road.

You also blaming Heupel for #20 UCF and Malzone losing at home to 3-7 Navy? You are blaming Heupel for Malzone losing to 0-10 Navy? You blaming Heupel for Malzone blowing a 35-7 lead to Baylor? You are blaming Heupel for Malzone getting shut out in the 2nd half and losing 30-17 to GT?

Shut up minion.

I think Gus has us on a very good trajectory. UCF has never received 4/star commitments at this rate. Even the 3 stars are borderline 4 stars. Considering last year was our first in the Power 5, I think we competed well. Gus still hasn’t benefitted in recruiting fully from being in the Big 12. Last year was our actual first year and in my book, he should get 2 more years of recruiting classes and building depth as a Big 12 member before we can fairly asses him.

Frankly, I think we’ll have a much better season than last year and expect Gus’ recruiting classes to consistently be in the top 3 of the Big 12. The question is, can Gus develop and coach up these talented athletes? Gus’ biggest win was vs Florida…other than that… he hasn’t earned any sort of admiration for a stellar record. I think Gus was a home run hire at the time, but the jury is still out as he hasn’t earned the respect that O’Leary, Frost, or even Heuple did for their records and Championships at UCF. Win some Big 12 championships and maybe we can start worrying about Arkansas stealing him. As in the past….I’d love to worry about t losing a coach because they’re winning championships at UCF.

I believe we need consistency in recruiting over 3 years before we can say that we have a true Big12 team. Last year I saw that we had several games where the ball just bounced the wrong way and we lost. Some were the fans exiting before half time and some were the players falling apart and not being able to compete for 60 minutes. Blame can be laid at the feet of both. However, we only had one bad game the entire year against Kansas. The rest of the games we were competitive in the entire game. We were still bowl eligible as well. This year, I expect to have a winning season.

Oh and Biachi is not someone who supports our program. He will write about us from time to time but that is really about it. He is a SEC fan through and through. He was born in Gainesville, got his degree in Gainesville, and only wants to talk about sports in Gainesville. However, UCF buys more news papers than UF so he gives them an article once a week on the front page of the sports page once a week to get the UCF students to read it.

You are flexing based on an article from Bianchi who is an idiot of the highest level. The team last year was 90% Malzone’s recruits. 6-7…1-4 vs P5 on the road.

You also blaming Heupel for #20 UCF and Malzone losing at home to 3-7 Navy? You are blaming Heupel for Malzone losing to 0-10 Navy? You blaming Heupel for Malzone blowing a 35-7 lead to Baylor? You are blaming Heupel for Malzone getting shut out in the 2nd half and losing 30-17 to GT?

Shut up minion.
That Baylor game says it all about Gus.

Gus is not a good HC and lacks good judgment, Ran the reverse TWICE against an FCs team. He should not be calling plays

Reactions: Knight59
One game isn’t a trend but KJ doesn’t look good at being a QB. I don’t get Gus getting RBs and trying to make them QBs. If we win less than 8 games a new HC has to occur. I don’t see 8 wins with QB play of last night. Oline won’t be playing FCS D Lines anymore this year.

One game isn’t a trend but KJ doesn’t look good at being a QB. I don’t get Gus getting RBs and trying to make them QBs. If we win less than 8 games a new HC has to occur. I don’t see 8 wins with QB play of last night. Oline won’t be playing FCS D Lines anymore this year.
I am partly blaming Gus for my interest in CFB waning. It is not an enjoyable offensive product to watch, who wants to watch a dumbed down high school offense?

Every time there is a QB that can’t pass for sh** but can run that guy that runs UCF 247 will say ‘perfect for Gus’s offense!’ 🤦🏽‍♂️

and the worst part is that Terry will be fine w 7 wins every year in a League that should be ours to define w all our advantages in Football

Last edited:
I am partly blaming Gus for my interest in CFB waning. It is not an enjoyable offensive product to watch, who wants to watch a dumbed down high school offense?

Every time there is a QB that can’t pass for sh** but can run that guy that runs UCF 247 will say ‘perfect for Gus’s offense!’ 🤦🏽‍♂️

and the worst part is that Terry will be fine w 7 wins every year in a League that should be ours to define w all our advantages in Football
100% accurate. I turned off our game 4th qtr to watch Colorado vs North Dakota State. Much more exciting to watch. Fast paced, exciting brands of football. Gus is and will always be an old school high school coach who will never appeal to todays college football brand

100% accurate. I turned off our game 4th qtr to watch Colorado vs North Dakota State. Much more exciting to watch. Fast paced, exciting brands of football. Gus is and will always be an old school high school coach who will never appeal to todays college football brand
Got to say not happy with the game but I THANK GOD we didn't have a Colorado night. Completely embarrassing. Don't tell me how they are a FBS killer sometimes. It's still embarrassing.

Colorado in the 4th quarter was in a all out dawg fight. They had to play exciting style football to keep up. Agreed that was a funner game to watch at the moment.

UCF in the 4th was up by 50+ points. Why would you play exciting football then when the game is already out of hand?

Colorado has the exact opposite problems than UCF. They have great Qb play. However, their offensive line is not that good. Qb Sanders was getting hit left and right. Colorado Defense is also suspected to be not that good. FCS team pushing them around and making long sustained drives and just about won it with that hail mary at the end. Plus, some heavy home cooking referee'ing going on. Are refs on the NIL dime now to? :p

You can’t compare North Dakota St to New Hampshire..they are a legit good Program even if Colorado are frauds and may lose to Nebraska next week

Reactions: PhDee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT