ADVERTISEMENT

***UCF Football Camp: Programming/personal note***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
While I've posted a few times here and there, you may have noticed I've been somewhat quiet since the middle part of last week. Last Wednesday, I tested positive for COVID. I woke up with slight congestion that day but otherwise felt okay. On Thursday, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I had 102 fever, congestion, fatigue and a very strong headache centered around the eyes. I laid in bed all day. The weird headache subsided by late Thursday night and I tried to revisit some of the Dungeon topics. I'm on the site constantly so nothing usually gets out of control, but OMG at the Conference Realignment Thread. I had like 20+ pages to go through. I don't think I caught up until Friday or Saturday.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday (today) have been similar. Low grade fever, fatigue and heavy congestion. I've mostly just rested.

I was (naively) hoping I'd get through this super quick and be ready to go for Monday, but that's not in the cards. I will need to have two consecutive days of negative tests, and be symptom free obviously. I'll take it one day at a time. I would never show up to anything and put people at risk of catching it.

There are three media opportunities this week. Monday is the first day of practice. The first 20 minutes are open for photos/video. Gus and a couple players will be available around 11:30. On Wednesday, DC Addison Williams and a couple players. Thursday is Mega Media Day with Gus, every coach and a ton of players.

COVID is definitely seeing a summer surge right now. I'm hoping once I get over this that I'll have immunity for the actual season - that's obviously the most important thing. The last few days haven't been fun.

As far as I know, this is my first confirmed case of COVID though it's possible I had it in October 2021. A couple early tests back then were negative. That was before home tests became widely available.

So I'll be here with y'all tomorrow watching Gus on ESPN+.

Hopefully I've started to turn the corner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News