ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Football Coordinators react to Villanova and look ahead to Kansas St.

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
UCF Coordinators Darin Hinshaw and Addison Williams shared their thoughts on the current state of the UCF Football team. Coming off of a big win against Villanova, there were plenty of positives on both sides of the ball. UCF begins Big 12 Conference play this week with a big road test against Kansas State, the 2022 Big 12 Champions.

Click here for more.

I was skeptical about the Darin Hinshaw hire at first, but I’m warming up to it now. If he can recruit at a high level then I’d be sold. He’s definitely calling plays (even if from Gus’ playbook with his influence of more creative WR routes), the offense is way more aggressive downfield. I have also seen how Hinshaw has impacted and improved not only JRP but also TMc mechanics. They are both night and day.

I’m not liking the gimmick plays and the wild cat stuff in the redzone, WR’s gotta be annoyed by that too. And the gimmicks I assume is Gus chiming in and calling them. Overall though, the offense is way better calls and more importantly I feel like the team is way more prepared. OL has been way better too, that always helps.

Can’t wait for Big XII play. We are a dark horse atm.

Reactions: Yaes
I was skeptical about the Darin Hinshaw hire at first, but I’m warming up to it now. If he can recruit at a high level then I’d be sold. He’s definitely calling plays (even if from Gus’ playbook with his influence of more creative WR routes), the offense is way more aggressive downfield. I have also seen how Hinshaw has impacted and improved not only JRP but also TMc mechanics. They are both night and day.

I’m not liking the gimmick plays and the wild cat stuff in the redzone, WR’s gotta be annoyed by that too. And the gimmicks I assume is Gus chiming in and calling them. Overall though, the offense is way better calls and more importantly I feel like the team is way more prepared. OL has been way better too, that always helps.

Can’t wait for Big XII play. We are a dark horse atm.
ESPN has us favored for all of our remaining games other than KSU and OU. After this weekend I feel even KSU is beatable.

McDonald's up the middle, wild knight is not going to jive. He needs to have better vision and bounce it outside if needed.

Reactions: Knight59
I really think the wildknight is a momentum killer. When everybody is gelling it's a fking thing of beauty, let these dogs eat man!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT