ADVERTISEMENT

UCF: H & H with Pitt

Ace of Knights

Silver Knight
Sep 6, 2009
I did my undergrad at UCF and my grad school at Pitt, so i'm stoked for this match up. It gives me a reason to go back up to Pittsburgh and visit the school again.

That said, Pitt doesn't have a good football culture. They're really trending towards being a more internationally focused academic school and playing off campus sucks all the life from the program.

That being said by 2018, 2019 we better have things rolling around here because I expect to beat them.

http://ucfknights.com/news/2017/1/19/football-playing-pitt.aspx

Return game at Pitt on Sept 21 (during MLB and NFL Season) ....might be able to catch a Pirates game in their cool park. (and/or college/nfl double header).

23093.49117.jpg

5948228087_6f3468aa64_b.jpg

PS. Sadly, Heinz Field sucks for Pitt games...not much college game atmosphere in a half empty stadium. Kind of wish PITT Stadium was a nice 56,000 seat one level college stadium.

Pitt Stadium was torn down in 2000 for Pitt's new basketball arena. (Football team played 1 year at Three Rivers then moved to Heinz Field the following year)

aerial.jpg

23298.49865.jpg

Fans walk to Pitt Stadium for the last game ever played there in 1999.
PittStadiumWalk.jpg

PNC park is an amazing place to catch a game, i've been many times. But yes, Heinz field sucks as a college stadium. It sucks all the life right out of the college football experience. The stadium itself and the whole North Shore area is fantastic, but just no collegiate atmosphere.

And unfortunately for Pitt, they won't be getting an on campus stadium. They are a downtown campus and there just isn't anywhere to put it.

I like that the H&H has the UCF home game in front. I also like this trend of scheduling the ACC who, in my observations, have the least biased officiating crews of the P5s in OOC games.

This is a great get! Any H and H with a P5 is, let alone the ACC. I thought we would beat them in 2006 and boy was it an ugly loss. Let's show them this time around!

speaking of Power 5 opponents that UCF fans would love & would help season ticket sales

Miami is playing @ Arkansas State this September after playing @ Appalachian State last Fall...

The only thing good about Pittsburgh is the Fat Head's Brewery downtown. Other than that it's a shithole. Primanti Bros is grossly overrated and Steeler fans suck out loud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT