ADVERTISEMENT

UCF-Harvard Game Thread

PJ Gaynor is a scrub.

We really need AJ back.

Nobody on this game looks like they even want to shoot free throws. Dwight Howard needs to come in and teach these unfocused children how to shoot, baha.

Originally posted by AlumKnight02:
I don't care how wide open Gaynor is, he can't shoot outside of the paint. Kid hustles and plays hard but can't shoot.

He's kind of the hoops equivalent of Ronnie Weaver. Love his hustle, don't love his talent.

Down by 11 with 3mins left. Seems like every time we are about to make a run we mess it up. Harvard is playing good D and slows the game dow by not shooting unless there is less than 5 seconds left on the shot cloak.

So many thoughts after this game.

Really love team's hustle, they really fought hard until the end. Really pround of them. I hate losing. I don't take any loss no matter who you beat yesterday or last week. I think the players think the same too.

Why not go inside more? At the beginning of the game, we were so successful inside and I once thought that would be the gameplan for us to win this game. But we stopped that. I once thought we would go through Clanton each possession. But it was Sykes, Gaynor and so on. That was the main scheme.

If we could shoot FTs better, we won't down to 13 points at the end of the game. Tristan, Crittle, Keith, Gaynor, Issiah all missed critical FTs.

Harvard is a really good team. They are a legit top 25 team. They are the team to beat in Ivy league and they will go to NCAA tournament. They have really good defense and offense is patient, very patient with great ball movement. They control the tempo very well.

Really proud of our players!!! They still have lots to work on and they have so much potential. Thank you all for givving UCF fans like me a such memorable Thanksgiving memory. It will last a life time. Let's make it to NCAA. Really hope this is the year, no next year or years later bulls*&t. For so many march madnesses, I could only watch and dreamt of us dancing. All I want to is go dancing. Is it too much to ask for for a UCF fan?
This post was edited on 11/26 7:23 PM by Knightrogen

Agreed that Harvard is a really good team. Plays unselfish and great offense and defense. They will be ranked after this weekend!

For UCF...erggg...learn an offensive flow and please dear gawd, learn how to shoot free throws...

It could be us getting ranked.

But really good thing about not getting ranked is that we will not copy last year's mistakes.

I'd rather be the guy smile at the end...

Harvard doesn't play basketball

More fun watching paint dry. Played to a 14-14 halftime tie against FSU. Fortunately, UCF will never have to play that type of team the rest of the season. And it's not like opponents will spot our weakness: we went from 81% FT to 33% (gotta be an all-time low for UCF). They also hacked away down low every time to prevent any buckets, knowing that their 10 man depth and slow-down style will keep them out of foul trouble (still, one guy fouled out!). All these people saying to pass down low are crazy! That's what killed us. Harvard had an easy first game and got to rest on offense against FSU with their modified 4-corner game. But any good team that has a week to prepare can beat them. UConn is going to shread them up next month. We only prevented them from getting beat twice by UConn.

Re: Harvard doesn't play basketball

Originally posted by UCFProf:
More fun watching paint dry. Played to a 14-14 halftime tie against FSU. Fortunately, UCF will never have to play that type of team the rest of the season. And it's not like opponents will spot our weakness: we went from 81% FT to 33% (gotta be an all-time low for UCF). They also hacked away down low every time to prevent any buckets, knowing that their 10 man depth and slow-down style will keep them out of foul trouble (still, one guy fouled out!). All these people saying to pass down low are crazy! That's what killed us. Harvard had an easy first game and got to rest on offense against FSU with their modified 4-corner game. But any good team that has a week to prepare can beat them. UConn is going to shread them up next month. We only prevented them from getting beat twice by UConn.

I am not trying to be a mean guy here.

But why going down low would killed us where we are so successful at beginning of the game? Just crash the offensive board. A good example would be Keith Clanton. He made many bad jumpshots. Do you think he needs to post up and go down low 1 on 1?

Re: Harvard doesn't play basketball

Originally posted by UCFProf:

If we go inside against best shot blocking team in the nation, UConn, why not Harvard?

Humm?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT