ADVERTISEMENT

UCF has the 13th-ranked RB room in the Big 12

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022

In terms of irrational takes, this guy makes @LoboCane come across as intelligible.

Let this marinate: The nation's 9th-ranked rushing offense has some of the worst running backs in the Big 12.

"...the starting combination of RJ Harvey and Johnny Richardson will be one of the smallest in the conference..."

If I was the sports editor and this story came across my desk...

Spider Man Lol GIF

They don’t know what they don’t know. Not even mentioned:

Demarkcus Bowman​

Bio: Bowman began his college career at Clemson, transferred to UF and had to sit out last season after joining UCF. A 5-star running back in the 2020 recruiting cycle, Bowman has just 113 rushing yards in 6 career games.

Buzz: After spending last season with UCF’s scout team, Bowman could be in the mix to contribute in the run game. Malzahn mentioned he’s looking forward to watching Bowman in Thursday’s scrimmage.

Notable quotable: “He’s a beast. We’re pushing each other each day. Bowman is going to wake a lot of people up this year.” — Redshirt senior RB R.J. Harvey

In terms of irrational takes, this guy makes @LoboCane come across as intelligible.

Let this marinate: The nation's 9th-ranked rushing offense has some of the worst running backs in the Big 12.

"...the starting combination of RJ Harvey and Johnny Richardson will be one of the smallest in the conference..."

Spider Man Lol GIF
Miami needs a veteran RB for depth. Not A little guy like Johnny Richardson or a two time transfer but a graduate player that can backup and contribute right away. Just saying.

• Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F

Spider Man Lol GIF
Since when did being small mean anything to running back? The trend now is speed speed and more speed even in the NFL. I think UCF's ground game is going to be pretty darn versatile next season.

Reactions: dmarten66
I agree, usually your RB room has the various running styles so that you have a solution for every scenario. We know we're not using JR in a power running game.

The guy that wrote it is a homer on backs that are close to 6' and 200 lbs. Apparently that guarantees you success.

Since when did being small mean anything to running back? The trend now is speed speed and more speed even in the NFL. I think UCF's ground game is going to be pretty darn versatile next season.
I agree size isn’t everything, but Saquon is 232 and Henry is a beast. NFL usually goes for size. Every once in a while a little guy is great but they usually have shorter careers and only get 5 touches per game.

Reactions: jtGoldenKnights
Bowman might be 2.0 of another unproven but transfer rb that was the final piece of the puzzle that had UCF to more wins than most people predicted in 2013, Storm Johnson. I think Bowman will a difference maker with his 5 star ranking, how about his nickname be simply DB?
He doesn’t have a five star rating any more. He was not a five star when he transferred to UF. He’s a THREE star transfer.

• Dislike
They don’t know what they don’t know. Not even mentioned:

Demarkcus Bowman​

Bio: Bowman began his college career at Clemson, transferred to UF and had to sit out last season after joining UCF. A 5-star running back in the 2020 recruiting cycle, Bowman has just 113 rushing yards in 6 career games.

Buzz: After spending last season with UCF’s scout team, Bowman could be in the mix to contribute in the run game. Malzahn mentioned he’s looking forward to watching Bowman in Thursday’s scrimmage.

Notable quotable: “He’s a beast. We’re pushing each other each day. Bowman is going to wake a lot of people up this year.” — Redshirt senior RB R.J. Harvey
I just read about him.

yeah if this a P5 thing, i'll never embrace it. WTF I look like caring about some positional rankings in march?

I mean, you could have a smaller guy so fast that nobody could catch him. That worked for us in the G5. Gotta have the big horses (with speed) in the P5.

Your RB room is only as good as your oline. If you have a bad oline, your RB needs to be strong enough to break tackles at the line. Weaker oline depth, smaller backs, means lower ranked rb room.

What would a UCF fan know about national championships? I am seriously asking? You people made up an entire fake colley naty. Get real and stop embarrassing yourselves. Lol.
What do you know of national championships?!? You either weren’t born yet or still sucking on momma the last time UM won one, let alone had a winning season….

What would a UCF fan know about national championships? I am seriously asking? You people made up an entire fake colley naty. Get real and stop embarrassing yourselves. Lol.
LOL, your 70 IQ is getting lower and lower........The NCAA recognizes our 2017 National Championship, which is all that counts.

You pick out some year in the past 20 for miami and see if the NCAA will endorse it.........go ahead, we will wait dumbass half wit

LOL, your 70 IQ is getting lower and lower........The NCAA recognizes our 2017 National Championship, which is all that counts.

You pick out some year in the past 20 for miami and see if the NCAA will endorse it.........go ahead, we will wait dumbass half wit
NCAA doesn’t recognize UCF as a national football champion. There’s not one reference of UCF as a national football champion anywhere in the NCAA record books…not one.

I’ll make it VERY easy for you G5 fans…show me a picture of UCF’s 2017 national championship trophy? Just one. All champions in all sports get a championship trophy…from Pop Warner, to Little League to the NFL..across all countries and genders.

I dare you to post a picture of UCF’s national championship trophy???!!!

Last edited:
NCAA doesn’t recognize UCF as a national football champion. There’s not one reference of UCF as a national football champion anywhere in the NCAA record books…not one.

I’ll make it VERY easy for you G5 fans…show me a picture of UCF’s 2017 national championship trophy? Just one. All champions in all sports get a championship trophy…from Pop Warner, to Little League to the NFL..across all countries and genders.

UCF got like 3 NC trophies from different organizations. The NCAA doesn’t award a trophy and doesn’t sponsor a championship in FBS football. Hence the claimed championships. UCF undefeated has a better claim than many of the historical claims out there. Alabama claims a Houlgate championship based on a system that was created after the season was played. For a season that they went 9-2 and were ranked 21 in the AP.

Been trying to avoid feeding a troll, but seriously, a simple google search answers this.

It it LITERALLY in the record book: NCAA 2018-2019 FBS Record Book, page 115 NCAA 2018-2019 Record Book

Wrong yet again Lobotomy……check the posts above, it’s OFFICIAL

Damn you are the stupidest moron ever.

Keep supporting your usf junior team and stop polluting this site

Reactions: Knight59
UCF got like 3 NC trophies from different organizations. The NCAA doesn’t award a trophy and doesn’t sponsor a championship in FBS football. Hence the claimed championships. UCF undefeated has a better claim than many of the historical claims out there. Alabama claims a Houlgate championship based on a system that was created after the season was played. For a season that they went 9-2 and were ranked 21 in the AP.
LOL. AP, USA Today/Coaches Poll and the CFP award national championship trophies. Did UCF get a Colley trophy? Then who?

We have a stable full of RBs. The top two or three RBs in our stable are going to be better than what the person who wrote this article knows about.

LOL. AP, USA Today/Coaches Poll and the CFP award national championship trophies. Did UCF get a Colley trophy? Then who?
There’s a lot more trophies than that.

clemson-trophies.jpg

And yes UCF got a few, however getting a trophy has nothing to do with an NCAA recognized selector of champions. NCAA doesn’t choose a champion via an inclusive playoff and thus doesn’t sponsor one.

Reactions: Wings0fred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT