ADVERTISEMENT

UCF KNIGHT FANS: DON’T PANIC ABOUT QB

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001

Knights turn to backup Timmy McClain​

Tell me if you’ve heard this one before: The Knights enter a highly contested game that results in an awful injury. To our quarterback. That occurs on a running play. He’s wearing the number “10” on his chest.

Sound familiar?

Click here to read more.

Last year one week out stretched into 4 if I remember correctly. I hope Dylan gets on the field this Saturday to reward him for his hard work after Timmy has a big game. I liked how Timmy looked in first game.

I don't sense any panic here. We are concerned for JRP's health, and we have faith in McClain to run near the same system. Timmy will get a warm up game in, then a game we are generally expected to lose so he has time to work himself in.
I think Timmy will be great! Looked good in practice and against Kent State. He almost beat UCF once at usf. He's an athlete! Rocket laser accurate arm too!

Wasn’t accurate when he was playing for Temple Terrace CC (55% comp, 5 TDs vs 7 Ints), but that shouldn’t have much meaning now.

Also interesting that he only had 239 rushing yards (1.9 yrds per carry) at TTCC, when he does have alot of athleticism.

Last year one week out stretched into 4 if I remember correctly. I hope Dylan gets on the field this Saturday to reward him for his hard work after Timmy has a big game. I liked how Timmy looked in first game.
JRP only missed 1 game last year, Memphis.

Correct he only missed 1 full game, he missed half of Cincinnati, half of Navy game, half of USF game. Started Tulane CCG, played two drives, looked visibly off. Left game and then came back at end of 3rd quarter.
I’m aware. I was responding to the post about JRP being out 4 weeks.

I have a saying...panic in the wilderness will get you killed. I have told my kids on numerous overnight backpacking adventures this as they were growing up here in the mountains.

I have a new one.

Panic on the football field will get you a loss.

Panic as a fan will get you drama on interwebs .

Reactions: 90Knight
I think Q Flowers wouldn’t even be able to put up good numbers on that abysmal cow team. Timmy is still an unknown!
Totally agree.....Timmy was running for his life at college of south tampa. He started 9 games at college of south tampa, so he knows what it's like to prepare and start games. That's invaluable experience. He has to feel much more confident playing behind this OL and knowing he's not going to have someone sacking him every snap.

Timmy has all of the physical tools to be an exciting QB. He had all of last year's regular season, spring ball and camp to develop.

He was a very good high school QB, with good stats and won a state championship. As with all qbs, the question is, can he read defenses? I expect him to play well.

JRP only missed 1 game last year, Memphis.
OK, I'll repeat that it was a nagging injury that screwed up our season that probably lasted more than 4 weeks. Last season I thought it was crucial that we win the AAC Championship.
This season winning every game isn't as critical since we are not expected to and need to find a long term QB this season or next. We have all the other positions onboard or to be signed at the end of this year.

OK, I'll repeat that it was a nagging injury that screwed up our season that probably lasted more than 4 weeks. Last season I thought it was crucial that we win the AAC Championship.
This season winning every game isn't as critical since we are not expected to and need to find a long term QB this season or next. We have all the other positions onboard or to be signed at the end of this year.
It wasn’t a nagging injury. He got concussed against Cincy and missed Memphis. Against navy he sucked first half and we brought in Keene for second half (who also sucked). Against usf he pulled a hamstring first half and sat second half.

He also hurt his shoulder when Gus gimmick play had Bowser throw a sideline deep ball to him. Landed right on his throwing shoulder and had a shoulder issue rest of season. What game was that, 1st Tulane game? ECU?

It wasn’t a nagging injury. He got concussed against Cincy and missed Memphis. Against navy he sucked first half and we brought in Keene for second half (who also sucked). Against usf he pulled a hamstring first half and sat second half.
Sorry but he was nursing his nagging hamstring injury for some time last season. From the time he pulled it he wasn't the same.

Sorry but he was nursing his nagging hamstring injury for some time last season. From the time he pulled it he wasn't the same.
He pulled his hammy in first half of the usf game (last game of year). Obviously wasn’t right for the Tulane CCG. Don’t know about Duke, it certainly looked like he struggled to run but who knows, the OL collapsed so fast he couldn’t run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT