ADVERTISEMENT

UCF License Plate Sales compared to cow u and Miami

I always wondered those that are UCF Alums and/or diehard fans that live in Florida but they DON'T have a UCF license plate on their car, why?

DYK: The $25 extra fee....100% of it goes directly to the UCF General Scholarship Fund.

Thousands and thousands are jumping on the statewide bandwagon...what are some of you waiting for to join #KnightYourRide ?

Reactions: Knight Strength
I always wondered those that are UCF Alums and/or diehard fans that live in Florida but they DON'T have a UCF license plate on their car, why?

DYK: The $25 extra fee....100% of it goes directly to the UCF General Scholarship Fund.

Thousands and thousands are jumping on the statewide bandwagon...what are some of you waiting for to join #KnightYourRide ?
Isn’t there also an annual fee that goes to the DMV?

because people are lazy

I finally picked up a second UCF plate for my second car after having a regular plate for 3 years or so. Why did I wait so long? It wasn’t the $25/year which I am happy to give to UCF. It was the fact that it is a pain in the butt to have to actually go to a DMV facility to upgrade. No option to do it online and have it mailed, even for an extra fee. Appointment or not, it still requires hours taken out of a workday to go sit around and wait to get ahold of one.

Allow upgrade to UCF plate via online renewal and they would triple the amount that are already out there.

Reactions: Lurky and lawknight
I finally picked up a second UCF plate for my second car after having a regular plate for 3 years or so. Why did I wait so long? It wasn’t the $25/year which I am happy to give to UCF. It was the fact that it is a pain in the butt to have to actually go to a DMV facility to upgrade. No option to do it online and have it mailed, even for an extra fee. Appointment or not, it still requires hours taken out of a workday to go sit around and wait to get ahold of one.

Allow upgrade to UCF plate via online renewal and they would triple the amount that are already out there.

Incorrect (it doesn't take hours to get a UCF License Plate).

Good news is there are satellite County Tax Collector offices in most counties so one never has to go to the HUGE DMV office to get a UCF Plate.

Check your local county tax collector website for branch offices located in your area.

In Seminole County alone...they have tax collector offices (not full DMV's) where anyone can quickly purchase a UCF License Plate in Oviedo, Winter Springs, Longwood, Casselberry, Lake Mary and Sanford.

I did go to a satellite tax collectors office in Orange County to renew. Even with an appointment I was there 2 hours, on a weekday. Orange County tax collector offices only serve Orange County residents, at least for making an appointment. Is that not the case in Seminole?

Regardless, I see no reason online renewal precludes getting a new specialty plate. Maybe there is one.

I did go to a satellite tax collectors office in Orange County to renew. Even with an appointment I was there 2 hours, on a weekday. Orange County tax collector offices only serve Orange County residents, at least for making an appointment. Is that not the case in Seminole?

Regardless, I see no reason online renewal precludes getting a new specialty plate. Maybe there is one.

Orange is a cesspool...and yes, Seminole Offices only serve Seminole County Residents.

Orange County Taxes are higher than Seminole yet they provide less/worse service...and Seminole County Schools have much higher ratings overall compared to their Orange County counterparts.

Never understood the high taxes/worse service in Orange County when they benefit from all the $$$ from tourism (Airport/car rental tax, hotel taxes, sales taxes, convention center business, etc...).

Orange is a cesspool...and yes, Seminole Offices only serve Seminole County Residents.

Orange County Taxes are higher than Seminole yet they provide less/worse service...and Seminole County Schools have much higher ratings overall compared to their Orange County counterparts.

Never understood the high taxes/worse service in Orange County when they benefit from all the $$$ from tourism (Airport/car rental tax, hotel taxes, sales taxes, convention center business, etc...).
Just a guess, but I would think there is a significant gap in average household incomes with a corresponding delta in demand for taxpayer funded services.

Exactly.

The other day I was renewing registration and I had option of picking my plate. It was online.

Insert with registration renewal clearly states you must go to tag office to upgrade to specialty plate.

I did not have on line option, and confirmed that with a phone call prior to going there.

You are saying you upgraded to a specialty plate via online renewal and without a visit to a tag office in Orange County?

Insert with registration renewal clearly states you must go to tag office to upgrade to specialty plate.

I did not have on line option, and confirmed that with a phone call prior to going there.

You are saying you upgraded to a specialty plate via online renewal and without a visit to a tag office in Orange County?
I’m in Palm Beach County.

Ok. I’m going to revise my original post somewhat, if I may.

A contributing factor to the question of why there are not more UCF license plates roaming the streets of Central Florida is the fact that in Orange County Florida an in person visit to the Tag Office during the hours of 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on Wednesday is required to get a new UCF plate for your whip.

This is in fact a pain in the butt compared to the simple process online to renew your existing non specialty Florida license plate in Orange County Florida whereby you are required to click “Renew” and enter a credit card number, then wait for your stickers in the mail and stick them to your existing plate.

Last edited:
I was going to do it a while back on one of my off Fridays, I rolled into the DMV parking lot around 11am and it was completely full. I started to park down the way at another strip plaza and decided it would be easier to just put it off for another day. One of these days I'll make it back!

If my registration is good for another year or so, do I just pay the $25 and get a new plate or are their other fees?

I was going to do it a while back on one of my off Fridays, I rolled into the DMV parking lot around 11am and it was completely full. I started to park down the way at another strip plaza and decided it would be easier to just put it off for another day. One of these days I'll make it back!

If my registration is good for another year or so, do I just pay the $25 and get a new plate or are their other fees?
I’m going to assume you should wait a year unless you want to pay for another sticker as well.

These numbers are not high. I have Number plates with my initials word and number in GB that look pretty cool, my goal was to show and represent my personal information. Even though many will not know what it means, I did it for myself. Wanted these years back but many restrictions were in movement and cost really a lot of cash. Now, it’s much more affordable, you can mix initials, numbers, names, words as you like. This is something special, agree, guys? I don’t know how people in Florida are fans about such things, but here we have a lot of willing people to purchase them.

Last edited:
I think you may be able to do it online when your plate is up for replacement (every 10 years). I am not sure of that (I lived in Osceola at that time and there was a tax office around the corner-5 minutes wait)

All three of my grads had collegiate specialty plates courtesy of me when they graduated. After graduation in each case, I signed car titles over, handed them the insurance bills, cell phone bills and wished them luck making rent payments. All of their specialty plates were gone at next registration. And not out of disrespect for their alma maters which they all love and are proud of.

*asterisk. I looked back and I believeGov Scott cut the specialty plate annual fees to $25 in 2014 but prior to that it was more exorbitant. At least for a recent college grad needing groceries pre 2014.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT