ADVERTISEMENT

UCF National Perspective

Positive article alert.

Neggie-Nancies don’t click.
I don’t think enough credit is due for the job. TM is doing. There is a heck of a lot more to it than the fans give him credit for. I liked Danny a lot, but TM is doing a job that is extremely difficult with great success under the circumstances.IMO he’s doing an outstanding job !

Last edited:
6-6 was the floor and we hit the lowest goal, but we hit it. We had a few games that we could have pulled out (Baylor, hell even OU) but that's football. I think the newer fans except us to compete like the elites schools out there which just ain't realistic. I hope now that we've played a whole season fans understand we won't be competing for championships for a few years until we load the war chest.

Reactions: connerito
6-6 was the floor and we hit the lowest goal, but we hit it. We had a few games that we could have pulled out (Baylor, hell even OU) but that's football. I think the newer fans except us to compete like the elites schools out there which just ain't realistic. I hope now that we've played a whole season fans understand we won't be competing for championships for a few years until we load the war chest.
Don’t forget Tx Tech, we lost b/c of a missed extra point 🤦🏻‍♂️ among other reasons (coaching/1st half shovel pass with no TOs 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Meh, I didn’t expect a conference championship. I didn’t expect much really in terms of record. What I did expect is players being prepared for the teams they were facing and the coaches to have a game plan for success. Kansas blew through us and they played well against OU. All the other losses were due to poor game preparation and play calling. Gus’s inabilities were magnified by the better teams and coaches he faced. It wasn’t a personel issue. Our losses were on the coaches.

Cincy had a new head coach, Houston just fired their coach and I don’t know enough about BYU to know what is going on. Accepting and celebrating this year’s performance from Gus is ridiculous. The players and fans deserve better.

Meh, I didn’t expect a conference championship. I didn’t expect much really in terms of record. What I did expect is players being prepared for the teams they were facing and the coaches to have a game plan for success. Kansas blew through us and they played well against OU. All the other losses were due to poor game preparation and play calling. Gus’s inabilities were magnified by the better teams and coaches he faced. It wasn’t a personel issue. Our losses were on the coaches.

Cincy had a new head coach, Houston just fired their coach and I don’t know enough about BYU to know what is going on. Accepting and celebrating this year’s performance from Gus is ridiculous. The players and fans deserve better.
So absurd for no accountability for the players. We were competitive in all but one game in conference. Was everything perfect? No. It goes goes to show the program Gus is running that we could come a new conference and play competitive football right out of the gate. TCU was in the national championship game last year and didn’t make a bowl this year. It’s a tough conference, especially as the new guys.

So absurd for no accountability for the players. We were competitive in all but one game in conference. Was everything perfect? No. It goes goes to show the program Gus is running that we could come a new conference and play competitive football right out of the gate. TCU was in the national championship game last year and didn’t make a bowl this year. It’s a tough conference, especially as the new guys.
You think TCU was bad because the conference is so hard? They didn’t return almost all of their playmakers from 2022, plus their offensive coordinator left. I don’t think you understand college football.

I didn’t say the players were perfect, but it was obvious that they weren’t put in positions to succeed.

You can pretend that Gus has built some amazing culture that will breed success. That’s fine. The iug 12 is a conference full of really bad defenses and a few productive offenses. It was pretty far from elite this year. Gus was consistently out coached. Maybe he will change and figure out how to win more games, but that isn’t the culture he has created over his time here.

"Rarely does a program jump a division and find immediate success in the fashion of James Madison this season. "

How come nobody seems to remember UCF's 1st year in the Big East? A far better reference than a FCS move to the Sunbelt.
Our first year was American. Was AQ until UL left too and then lost that tag. But yes you can be competitive right away if you have a good QB. 2017-2018 teams would have been playing in B12 Championship this year.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
While all that is true, and we did have a level jump to AQ, the national media didn't respect the AAC that year. We were talked about as though we were a BCS buster when in reality we were in an AQ conference.

So it's no surprise it was left out of the article.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight

While I agree with you for several games that our coaches didn't put our players in a position succeed there were games where the players were somewhere else other than the field because they forgot where they were. I wouldn't put that on the coaches. Like Boomer and kicking field goals/PATs come to mind.

We need to hire a team psychologist. Mental strength is just as important as physical strength.

While I agree with you for several games that our coaches didn't put our players in a position succeed there were games where the players were somewhere else other than the field because they forgot where they were. I wouldn't put that on the coaches. Like Boomer and kicking field goals/PATs come to mind.

We need to hire a team psychologist. Mental strength is just as important as physical strength.
The coaches need to make sure the players they put out there can do the job. If they can’t, don’t put them out there. So yes it’s the coaches fault when a player can’t make kicks is told to go out there and kick. Then he misses a kick but a timeout is called and they let him kick again. You can guess what he did on the next attempt I’m sure.

I wouldn't say I'm praising Gus but I expected a 7-6 year for us because we were going to see a MUCH better caliber of teams this year. I figured UCF needed to get back to playing with that chip on their shoulder. We always viewed ourselves as the underdogs so we need to get back to that mentality. Back to going 1-0 every week. I think we need to make some coaching changes as well but I will wait and see what happens after the Bowl game if anyone moves around or is told to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT