ADVERTISEMENT

UCF now tied for 5th (last first round bye slot for AAC Tourn)

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Tulsa got smoked at Memphis last night so now UCF and Tulsa are now tied at 6-5 with an upcoming game at UCF next Tuesday. (Yes, Tulsa beat UCF in the 1st game but hopefully UCF will win the game on Valentine's Day so that tiebreaker would be even).

Top 5 spots get you a first round bye in AAC which would be HUGE for UCF to get, especially with such a short bench.

Standings as of today:
Cinci 10-0
SMU 10-1
Memphis 8-4
Houston 7-4
Tulsa 6-5
UCF 6-5
UCONN 5-5
Temple 4-7
ECU 3-8
Tulane 1-10
usf 0-11

UCF obviously plays at Cinci tonight at 9 pm on ESPNU...and then UCF hosts a huge game vs UCONN on Saturday and then vs Tulsa on Tues. #bigweek

Reactions: UCFhonors
If rest wasn't a factor would almost rather a 6th place finish and gimme against USF to pad on another W.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Finishing in the top 5 would be yuuge.

I've said it for years, we have to find a way to get into the top half of this major- top weighted - conference. Yes, our performance this year has increased my expectations.

Finishing each spot higher and winning each game in the AAC tourney will help tons in the postseason. I think we are are postseason lock right now. I rather win some games in the NIT than squeak into the NCAA tourney and lose in the first round.

Most exciting basketball season in years!

I have been saying for a while, we might be better off in the NIT. Esp if we could win a game or 2. To me this year while a bit better than expected, is still a forerunner to next years squad.

I have been saying for a while, we might be better off in the NIT. Esp if we could win a game or 2. To me this year while a bit better than expected, is still a forerunner to next years squad.

CBI/CTI or whatever those tournaments are would be a good thing as UCF would probably ha e a shot at hosting games.

UCF will need to finish strong (plus win at least 2 games in AAC Tourn) just to make NIT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT