ADVERTISEMENT

UCF OL Tylan Grable: 'Our goal is to win a championship' ⚔️🏈

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com

I caught up with UCF offensive lineman Tylan Grable at the recent media day. Transferring in last year from Jacksonville State, Grable started every game at left tackle and earned a spot on PFF's All-AAC third team.

Grable is "ready to go" after missing spring recovering from injury.

On what he took away from last year playing at UCF:

"Just my teammates. My coaching staff. Seeing how great the energy was. I loved the energy from the moment I stepped foot on campus. Being around a great group of guys, it rubs off on you and makes you love to do what you've got to do every day."

On making the move from FCS to FBS:

"I felt I handled the situation pretty great."

On the competition on the OL, particularly at center:

"It's competition everywhere. We all have great depth. That's a question more for the coach."

On the personalities of the transfer offensive linemen:

"They're all great guys. You can tell they have a high IQ for the game. They've been around great football. Players came from great programs. They were the man at the schools they came from. You can see their experience and maturity level."

On what the offense is going to look like:

"I feel like the offense is going to be a great fast offense."

I asked him to expand on that:

"John is a great leader and is showing us the way. Making sure we all know what is the standard. Uphold the standard every day, we know we can be a great offense."

On playing in the Big 12:

"I'm very excited just to be able to go out with me and my teammates. I know we're up for the challenge. Nothing will be given. We have to earn everything that we aspire to go and get."

On goals:

"Our goal is to win a championship."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News