ADVERTISEMENT

UCF @ OU GAME THREAD!

something Dave Pasche said on the telecast :

‘This looks like the UCF that we are used to seeing from a few years ago’

it was the first time we looked similar to the UCF that captivated and infuriated blue blood fanbases …swagger , no fear , and a presence that believes UCF can play w anyone

How much of it was OU sleepwalking ? A change in defense ? Knowing Dillon Gabriel’s tendencies better than any other Program? I don’t know but I hope this wasn’t a fluke one time effort ..especially on defense

So there is some positivity GKCO

He

Should have at least thrown it as soon as he got the ball, so the WR could try and make a play on it. Tackled on the ground while still having the ball certainly isn’t going to help.

Just a dumb call. Just play your offense.
Also, Townsend is right handed, which makes it hard as hell to open up and throw the ball to the left. To make it easier for him, the play should've been passed to the right side. 😞

something Dave Pasche said on the telecast :

‘This looks like the UCF that we are used to seeing from a few years ago’

it was the first time we looked similar to the UCF that captivated and infuriated blue blood fanbases …swagger , no fear , and a presence that believes UCF can play w anyone

How much of it was OU sleepwalking ? A change in defense ? Knowing Dillon Gabriel’s tendencies better than any other Program? I don’t know but I hope this wasn’t a fluke one time effort ..especially on defense

So there is some positivity GKCO
It was 100% that OU was sleepwalking. Once they woke up, they scored at will.

Also, Townsend is right handed, which makes it hard as hell to open up and throw the ball to the left. To make it easier for him, the play should've been passed to the right side. 😞
When I was a kid I remember commentators always seeming to find the need to say that running left and throwing with your right hand was a good way for NFL quarterbacks to throw interceptions.

Maybe the analytics guy said that it doesn't apply to college running backs, who knows.

Make no mistake, I certainly don't blame the player.

Venables knew it was coming. It’s such a bail-out when you know Oklahoma’s biggest fear was Plumlee moving with the ball so he could run or pass at last second.

Has there been a single week this season where anyone thought Hinshaw was calling plays or not find a reason to call out an obvious stupid play call?

All this after Malzahn goes on record admitting he was a failure at this in the off-season.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
You know, the saddest thing about this season for me is that we should be 6 and 1 instead of 3 and 4. Two of those loses we could, and should, have won with different play calling and/or not trying to play ball control. One we had won convincingly and then gave it away trying to play ball control. And yes, throw in all of the undisciplined caused penalties which to me are not always on players but also on coaching. Even Oklahoma was a winnable game except for some play calling that I just cannot for the life of me understand. I think the team has the talent to have won more games and if that is true then this goes back to coaches on both sides of the ball.

You know, the saddest thing about this season for me is that we should be 6 and 1 instead of 3 and 4. Two of those loses we could, and should, have won with different play calling and/or not trying to play ball control. One we had won convincingly and then gave it away trying to play ball control. And yes, throw in all of the undisciplined caused penalties which to me are not always on players but also on coaching. Even Oklahoma was a winnable game except for some play calling that I just cannot for the life of me understand. I think the team has the talent to have won more games and if that is true then this goes back to coaches on both sides of the ball.
💯🔨📍😤

So it’s on the coaches that are defense looked like garbage for KSU, 1.5 quarters vs Baylor, and vs Kansas but this week they “were coached up properly”.

Fact is we are a 3-4 team because we’ve played like a 3-4 team. It’s on the coaches but ultimately it’s the players that play the game.

So it’s on the coaches that are defense looked like garbage for KSU, 1.5 quarters vs Baylor, and vs Kansas but this week they “were coached up properly”.

Fact is we are a 3-4 team because we’ve played like a 3-4 team. It’s on the coaches but ultimately it’s the players that play the game.
I said they were not coached properly and I have critized our DC numerous times as not ready for the job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT