UCF Softball player Jas Williams featured in SI Swimsuit Issue

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
images%2FvoltaxMediaLibrary%2Fmmsport%2Fsi_swimsuit%2F01hxfa3cetja37qh5p9j.jpg

Now a redshirt senior shortstop at UCF, Williams committed to the University of Oregon on a softball scholarship when she was just 14 years old. During her freshman season, she was named first team All-Pac-12, starting 23 games. As a sophomore she played in all of the Ducks’ 24 games.

After taking her junior year off from competition to give birth to her son, Zee, in 2020, Williams returned to the field for her senior year before transferring to UCF for the ’23 season. Last summer, the California native graduated with a degree in interdisciplinary studies, and this spring, she earned her degree in sociology.

“When this opportunity came about, I could not jump faster,” Williams says of posing for the 2024 SI Swimsuit Issue. “I was like, I want to do this so bad.”

In sharing her story, she wishes to empower other mothers and athletes in particular to reach for the stars.

“Showing women that you can do whatever you set your mind to and [that] there are still opportunities for you [is my goal],” Williams says. “Just because you have a kid now, you get to do everything with your kid by your side, which is so fun because you get to create the experience with them, as well. My son is here [on set], so he gets to be a part of everything that mommy does, and he’s having the time of his life. I’m having the time of my life … I could not be more grateful that I was chosen to do this and I’m loving every second of it.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News