ADVERTISEMENT

UCF v Tulsa on now

Big game. It’s been a good game.

Getting 4th would be great this year.

Our defense is stout, and our offense is what loses us games. We have to maintain a lead, we are not built to come back from a big deficit. And our free throw shooting has cost us many close games. I understand we've struggled with injuries, but even one of our best (aj davis) can't make free throws.

We'll make NIT, but no way we make final four this year. (Please prove me wrong UCF!)

The teams in NIT aren’t that good. Especially if you get the home games. Tulsa in Orlando we beat. We folded at the end. 4 seed is gone now. Clearer path to AAC Champ Game is actually the 7 seed I think. But that would mean we lose to Temple on Sunday so confidence wouldn’t be there. Dawkins looked visibly disappointed at end of this game.

Tulsa made a couple of scoring runs and we had a couple of lapses. Tough loss. But still a good game.

We'll probably get the benefit of the doubt with the NIT since we were in last year, but remaining games are obviously crucial. While Temple on the road should be tough, finishing 2-1 before the tournament isn't impossible.
Do we still have a chance at the top 4 if Tulsa loses three staight?

Nevermind - unless we win out we don't.

We'll probably get the benefit of the doubt with the NIT since we were in last year, but remaining games are obviously crucial. While Temple on the road should be tough, finishing 2-1 before the tournament isn't impossible.
Do we still have a chance at the top 4 if Tulsa loses three staight?

Nevermind - unless we win out we don't.
I doubt they lose all 3 anyway. How far do we fall if we go 1-2?

I doubt they lose all 3 anyway. How far do we fall if we go 1-2?
9-9 conference. 18-12 overall. ugh.
Memphis, Temple & UConn have a chance to jump us.
SMU at 6-9 lost 5 of their last six with Houston, WSU and South Florida left. Its safe to say they are predictably out.
Tournament wise probably better to face ECU or Tulane in the first round than to give South Florida a third chance at us regardless of how bad their record is?

Last edited:
9-9 conference. 18-12 overall. ugh.
Memphis, Temple & UConn have a chance to jump us.
SMU at 6-9 lost 5 of their last six with Houston, WSU and South Florida left. Its safe to say they are predictably out.
Tournament wise probably better to face ECU or Tulane in the first round than to give South Florida a third chance at us regardless of how bad their record is?
Based on the brackets, I think 7th gives us the most favorable matchups. Plus won’t see Cincy till finals. I think.

Based on the brackets, I think 7th gives us the most favorable matchups. Plus won’t see Cincy till finals. I think.

I get fans want the easiest path, but I hate hoping for a lower seed to avoid playing good teams. Tournaments aren't about who is 2nd or 3rd. It's about who is #1. I get all the match up stuff and the importance of making a deep run. I get it. But we have a better chance of beating Cincy in game 1 than in game 4 - since they have more depth and experience. I also rather beat Cincy as our only win in the AAC tourney than come in #2 by beating lower ranked teams.

tenor.gif

I get fans want the easiest path, but I hate hoping for a lower seed to avoid playing good teams. Tournaments aren't about who is 2nd or 3rd. It's about who is #1. I get all the match up stuff and the importance of making a deep run. I get it. But we have a better chance of beating Cincy in game 1 than in game 4 - since they have more depth and experience. I also rather beat Cincy as our only win in the AAC tourney than come in #2 by beating lower ranked teams.

tenor.gif

Tournaments, especially those that have to play in 4 (or more games) in a row to win an auto bid is about "surving the day".

Survive (win) game 1 and move on.

Survive (win) game 2 and move on and so on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT