ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Baylor Game Day Thread ⚔️⚔️🖤💛

Can’t wait to hear Gus explain the most embarrassing loss we’ve had, especially on national tv. This game is totally on Gus and THE F’ING FANS THAT LEFT EARLY! The team needed the crowd and they weren’t there. But you know what? Those same fans will say to each other “wow, did you see we choked?” And fewer will go to the next game.

This team is soft. No killer instinct. We were far and away mkre talented but we got soft and baylor kicjed our ass for 2.5 quarters. Players should be adhamed to be such softies

Reactions: ReturnOf
Gus is not getting fired until we have a full paycheck in the Big12. So 2026 at best. Heck I'm not even sure we pay Gus as much as the bottom of P5 coaches.

Can’t wait to hear Gus explain the most embarrassing loss we’ve had, especially on national tv. This game is totally on Gus and THE F’ING FANS THAT LEFT EARLY! The team needed the crowd and they weren’t there. But you know what? Those same fans will say to each other “wow, did you see we choked?” And fewer will go to the next game.
Actually, we were louder at the end, because we did have the southern half of the bowl pretty loud. But yeah, everyone would have been better.

Gus-Hinshaw should be forced to use a traditional run offense instead of this RPO, passing and trick play non-sense when we're up 4 scores. I'm really tired of us gassing our defense, and then having a backup QB play sandlot football.

They couldn't stop us when we hit the holes and did other things. I was screaming for more of that in the 3rd quarer. And it didn't happen. Instead, we went backwards.

Oh, I'm so tired of Timmy not being allowed to run because he's the backup. Just run and slide. So tired of him scrambling around and throwing. He's gonna get hurt that way too!

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
One big thing that stood out to me was our LBs are an obvious weakness and cannot stop the run.
They were worn out. We were stopping a lot before they basically played nearly all of the 1st quarter, and much of the 2nd.

It was 32 v. 18 minutes by 10 minutes left in the game. We really gassed our D. Gus did that against Navy too.

Heupel did it was well.

Gus is not getting fired until we have a full paycheck in the Big12. So 2026 at best. Heck I'm not even sure we pay Gus as much as the bottom of P5 coaches.
Indeed. But ... this entire strategy of continuing with the RPO, pass and trick plays in the 2nd half puts both Gus and Darin on notice. It was wrong.

I really don't have an answer for this one. Could play calling been better? yes but that wouldn't stop fumbles, and interceptions. Could defense been better? Yes, but I really don't understand the horrid tackling all game. At the end of 3rd quarter I figured we had about a 70% chance of bowl game, but am afraid this is a team killer kind of loss.

I really don't have an answer for this one. Could play calling been better? yes but that wouldn't stop fumbles, and interceptions. Could defense been better? Yes, but I really don't understand the horrid tackling all game. At the end of 3rd quarter I figured we had about a 70% chance of bowl game, but am afraid this is a team killer kind of loss.
that is the worry .

and players are talking much more when they are usually tight lipped. Mentally tough to recover from a loss like this

Reactions: Yaes
I don't know this locker room but when I played we had a loss or 2 like this and we came back stronger and were able to win the following weeks.

To me it seems the team flat ran out of gas, especially the defense who was on the field a lot. They played a great first 3 quarters but just got blasted on the line of scrimmage in Q4. I can’t help but think those all black uniforms zapped some of their late-game energy.

Apparently not enough for Demarkcus Bowman to play.

I don't understand how Bowman, Deonte Marks, and Jarrad Baker--three of the fastest players on the team--never sniff the field. They must b the worst practice players on Earth or they secretly suck.
Bowman publicly sucks. He’s on his third team and has not play for anyone.

You can put this on me.

This all happened because my Wife's mom finally passed away yesterday morning (after a long battle with cancer) and I had to leave at halftime to take care of family business. I've missed a couple of games since 2007 due to taking vacations but that is the first game I attended where I didn't stay until the "Oikos triple-zero" (Yes, I'm a marketing genius) end of the game 0:00. I had to leave at halftime. I had bad mojo all day.

She even taught me a lesson in passing. You have to be there for whatever it is you care about. It matters. Sometimes it matters for what you are there for, and/or sometimes it matters for yourself (no matter the outcome of whatever "it" is). There is much to be gained by seeing things through.

Of course, also, players have to make plays, on/off-field leadership needs to take over, and coaches need to be better/smarter. We were 0-3 in those categories in the second half.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Either Timmy doesn’t trust the offense or he’s not able to read defenses well enough to know the best pass. When you go back to watch the film there are clearly open receivers. He has to see them open to throw the ball. The scheme/play calling was decent but the execution was horrible.

Could you ever picture half the fans of one of the country's premeir college football programs LEAVING at halftime with a big lead??!? 😲 😲 😲 😲

If UCF wants the nation to think of them as a Big Dawg Program now that they're in the Big XII, somebody needs to tell their "AAC fans" what that means.

To me it seems the team flat ran out of gas, especially the defense who was on the field a lot. They played a great first 3 quarters but just got blasted on the line of scrimmage in Q4. I can’t help but think those all black uniforms zapped some of their late-game energy.
They were worn out. We were stopping a lot before they basically played nearly all of the 1st quarter, and much of the 2nd.

It was 32 v. 18 minutes by 10 minutes left in the game. We really gassed our D. Gus did that against Navy too.

Heupel did it was well.
In addition to the offense scoreing quickly, could it be the defense is on the field a lot bcause they have trouble stopping their opponent?

You can put this on me.

This all happened because my Wife's mom finally passed away yesterday morning (after a long battle with cancer) and I had to leave at halftime to take care of family business. I've missed a couple of games since 2007 due to taking vacations but that is the first game I attended where I didn't stay until the "Oikos triple-zero" (Yes, I'm a marketing genius) end of the game 0:00. I had to leave at halftime. I had bad mojo all day.

She even taught me a lesson in passing. You have to be there for whatever it is you care about. It matters. Sometimes it matters for what you are there for, and/or sometimes it matters for yourself (no matter the outcome of whatever "it" is). There is much to be gained by seeing things through.

Of course, also, players have to make plays, on/off-field leadership needs to take over, and coaches need to be better/smarter. We were 0-3 in those categories in the second half.
my condolences 💐

Reactions: mattropolis
This team is soft. No killer instinct. We were far and away mkre talented but we got soft and baylor kicjed our ass for 2.5 quarters. Players should be adhamed to be such softies
💯 mentally soft too!! All we needed on defense was to have one fcuking stop and we win. Not one person could rise to the occasion and make a play.

Reactions: Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT