ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Memphis Game Thread

G-Knight

Bronze Knight
Aug 26, 2011
The Knights look to take down Memphis at 2pm on ESPN2. The seasons series is tied at one a piece with each team winning on their home floor. The Knights need to shutdown the Lawson brothers if they want to win this game. BJ Taylor and Matt Williams was the Knights leading point scorers in the last two meetings. Tacko was in double digits in scoring in both games. GO KNIGHTS!

The Knights look to take down Memphis at 2pm on ESPN2. The seasons series is tied at one a piece with each team winning on their home floor. The Knights need to shutdown the Lawson brothers if they want to win this game. BJ Taylor and Matt Williams was the Knights leading point scorers in the last two meetings. Tacko was in double digits in scoring in both games. GO KNIGHTS!
And like 2-25 all time. Three really close games yesterday in the AAC, including one upset. SMU up by only 6 with 4 minutes to go right now. They are playing so well at the end of the season.

And like 2-25 all time. Three really close games yesterday in the AAC, including one upset. SMU up by only 6 with 4 minutes to go right now. They are playing so well at the end of the season.

ECU down 2!

SMU wins by 4. What a come back vs ECU. Good job pirates.

Back to our regular scheduled programming. Go Knights!
They tied it with a minute to go, then Barkley missed a pass under the basket to retie it! They had come back from 24 down and had lost the previous 2 games vs SMU by over 70 combined points! Hats off to their effort and interim coach!

Was able to check live stats at halftime. Why 3 minutes for Tacko? Foul trouble? Hurt?

Halftime: Started out very sluggish and out of sync, got down 10-4 and Tacko condemned to the bench for the rest of the half. But Matt hit 3 threes, and 4 others got threes as well. Shot 55% in the half, 4 steals, 3 blocks, and only 4 turnovers (got to be a season low?). Memphis held to 29% and 2 of 8 on 3s, If Davis and Brown didn't miss 4 free throws and few silly errors, it would be a blowout without Tacko's help. At least it will save Fall's stamina if we can hold on.

Reactions: UCFhonors
What a great showing to absolutely destroy an opponent that we've only beaten twice in program history. Granted, they may be not as talented in years past but they have a legit NBA prospect in Lawson.

We should be proud of this team. 21-10 onto the semis in the AAC and absolutely decimating a usual powerhouse.

Fourteen 3's by 7 different players! We had 7 blocks, 6 steals, 15 assists (!), and only 12 turnovers despite all the bench players in. Shot 54% overall and also from beyond the arc.
Congrats to Nate: waited til the 31st game to sink his first jump shot, a 3, of the season (the other 4 were layups); he'd been 0-18 on threes. Without Nate, don't know we'd have won some of those games (and he started 4). What a hero.
Four in double figures, Matt led the way,
Tacko played only 16 minutes and we still won by 30! Tacko got his 11 rebounds and 2 blocks.
BJ wasn't shooting well from outside, so he scored on drives, had 5 assists, no turnovers -- a masterful generalship.
Nick rolled an ankle in practice 2 days ago (was in a walking boot), yet held us together again plus 12 pts, 6 reb, 2 assts.
Five more 3's (including an exclamation mark shot after a double tech) by Matt adds more to all his records.
Four close AAC games before this rout -- our biggest win margin in AAC.
Laing's Dad interviewed post-game said, "Nate's the first Laing to make a 3 point shot; they didn't have 3's when I played."
SMU had to play starters most of game (after blowing a 24-point lead), so we could be stronger.
There were Memphis players lying in pain all over the court as Knights playing tougher lately. SMU and Cincy are physical
Six in a row now. If Houston (possible bubble team) loses today, we'd tie them in overall record and AAC record!

Fourteen 3's by 7 different players! We had 7 blocks, 6 steals, 15 assists (!), and only 12 turnovers despite all the bench players in. Shot 54% overall and also from beyond the arc.
Congrats to Nate: waited til the 31st game to sink his first jump shot, a 3, of the season (the other 4 were layups); he'd been 0-18 on threes. Without Nate, don't know we'd have won some of those games (and he started 4). What a hero.
Four in double figures, Matt led the way,
Tacko played only 16 minutes and we still won by 30! Tacko got his 11 rebounds and 2 blocks.
BJ wasn't shooting well from outside, so he scored on drives, had 5 assists, no turnovers -- a masterful generalship.
Nick rolled an ankle in practice 2 days ago (was in a walking boot), yet held us together again plus 12 pts, 6 reb, 2 assts.
Five more 3's (including an exclamation mark shot after a double tech) by Matt adds more to all his records.
Four close AAC games before this rout -- our biggest win margin in AAC.
Laing's Dad interviewed post-game said, "Nate's the first Laing to make a 3 point shot; they didn't have 3's when I played."
SMU had to play starters most of game (after blowing a 24-point lead), so we could be stronger.
There were Memphis players lying in pain all over the court as Knights playing tougher lately. SMU and Cincy are physical
Six in a row now. If Houston (possible bubble team) loses today, we'd tie them in overall record and AAC record!
I'd rather play Houston than UCONN.

I'd rather play Houston than UCONN.
UConn would be exhausted after playing 3 tough game for us to ever face them in the championship. The team would frankly welcome a third chance to finally beat UConn in the AAC. Also, their great guard Alston's ankle has been so bad, he's been only ordinary lately. Students all will be away on spring break. Did you hear the "UCF" chants on TV? So great we could send our cheerleaders, too. Thank you Danny!

Reactions: MBAKnight
UConn would be exhausted after playing 3 tough game for us to ever face them in the championship. The team would frankly welcome a third chance to finally beat UConn in the AAC. Also, their great guard Alston's ankle has been so bad, he's been only ordinary lately. Students all will be away on spring break. Did you hear the "UCF" chants on TV? So great we could send our cheerleaders, too. Thank you Danny!
Yeah I was also listening on Sirius and the announcers mentioned our fans.

Doesn't it make a difference that our game finished at 4:30 P.M. or so and the other teams are playing until nearly midnight? That's barely any rest. Our game was a blowout as well. Doubt UConn and Houston will be at all rested

Doesn't it make a difference that our game finished at 4:30 P.M. or so and the other teams are playing until nearly midnight? That's barely any rest. Our game was a blowout as well. Doubt UConn and Houston will be at all rested
Perhaps but SMU game was over early. But kids like to be up late so who knows. Getting up early seems to hurt kids more.

Just worry about the next game like real fans do.

Just worry about the next game like real fans do.
Just worry about your rankings as the 4th best poster. That comment won't add to anything constructive to move you up number 3 in the rankings. I know that's your lifelong goal

Just worry about your rankings as the 4th best poster. That comment won't add to anything constructive to move you up number 3 in the rankings. I know that's your lifelong goal
latest

I also got 2nd in Troll of the Year. So if you combined that with my 4th place in Poster of the Year, that means I'm really #1.

I mean have you even posted on the national board, like I clearly have? You're just nowhere near my level.

#UCFacts

[smoke]

Great win today - it's awesome to see us embarrassing Memphis. Total meltdown on the tiger boards...
http://csnbbs.com/thread-811941.html

This is hilarious stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Love this quote from our own TigerPride96

"This is disgusting. Losing big to UCF? UCF? They've been our stomping toy for years. They are a joke or a program (and my second degree is from UCF). F them and F Tubby".

^^^ that guy still posts here, right?

That is clearly before we put in our bench. When we did, TP had to be in tears.

Sometimes there is nothing better than destroying inflated egos.

Go Knights!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT