ADVERTISEMENT

UCF's Flip of 4 star WR Snelson from Big Ten School makes ESPN

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
ESPN Scroll during last night's shows showed the5- 6 Top "Flips" on Signing Day...and UCF's Flip of Snelson from Minnesota was one of those 5 or 6 Flips today from ESPN's Top 300.

Pretty cool to see a UCF listed as a top flip "get" to go along with the likes of Florida State (stole one from UF), UF (stole one from Houston), Texas (stole one from LSU), and Georgia (stole one from Auburn).

UCF's Flip was the only one out of the 6 that was for a G5 program getting a top Flip from a P5 program...and this info was still on the scroll this AM too (on ESPN2's Mike and Mike as well).

Last edited:
We got to stop thinking it is stealing when out of state schools "steal" our recruits from Florida! I think Snelson was heavily recruited by Penn State also. Its a big get. I never heard of him until yesterday but I like that we are keeping in-state players....in-state! Go Knights!!!! Go Scott Frost!!!

We got to stop thinking it is stealing when out of state schools "steal" our recruits from Florida! I think Snelson was heavily recruited by Penn State also. Its a big get. I never heard of him until yesterday but I like that we are keeping in-state players....in-state! Go Knights!!!! Go Scott Frost!!!
I watched a couple minutes of the periscope Snelson's announcement (until I realized it would be 20 or more minutes and then turned it off). What struck me was that the HS kid streaming the periscope was rooting for him to pick UCF. That seemed odd to me, until I realized that nowadays, with UCF being the biggest University in the country, the lionshare of HS graduating seniors are looking to attend UCF. That's actually a local recruiting advantage I didn't realize. For any local recruit, the majority of his friends are going to UCF and are pulling/steering him to go there too.

Hope he puts in the work and develops. Never know what potential a recruit can have. But with Payton, Smith, and now Snelson this could be a very young and talented WR group (also Akins if healthy).

I watched a couple minutes of the periscope Snelson's announcement (until I realized it would be 20 or more minutes and then turned it off). What struck me was that the HS kid streaming the periscope was rooting for him to pick UCF. That seemed odd to me, until I realized that nowadays, with UCF being the biggest University in the country, the lionshare of HS graduating seniors are looking to attend UCF. That's actually a local recruiting advantage I didn't realize. For any local recruit, the majority of his friends are going to UCF and are pulling/steering him to go there too.

Agreed, the size of our student base will naturally create fan fare and local brand stickiness. I havent been this excited for UCF football in a very long time. Ok just since Fiesta :)

:)
Agreed, the size of our student base will naturally create fan fare and local brand stickiness. I havent been this excited for UCF football in a very long time. Ok just since Fiesta
It's a new day!!!:)

yeah it helps when they already have a lot of friends & lady friends that go to UCF, especially in South Florida

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Akins, Payton, Smith, and Snelson if all are healthy will be a stellar WR core. This team has all the potential to rival the 2013 team that had Perriman, Hall, Worton, Reese, and Godfrey.
does anyone know the status of Akins rehab? will he be available at all for Spring Practice?

does anyone know the status of Akins rehab? will he be available at all for Spring Practice?

Good question...as his knee injury occurred in mid-Sept...and start of Spring Practice is only 6 months later...so I don't think he would be at 100% and/or coaching staff might be precautionary and keep him out of contact drills and just wait for camp to start in late July/early August when he would be back at 100%.

While he and all the other players need as much practice as possible with a totally new offensive scheme, better play it safe than sorry since he is such an impact player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT