ADVERTISEMENT

UConn signs home and home with Duke

CFKnight

Silver Knight
Aug 5, 2009
Great for UConn...

On the UCF side of things, bro Danny I love you but you couldn’t convince your Dad to sign a home and home with UCF.

It is actually going to also include head-to-head academic competitions as part of the agreement: Chess tournament, Math Olympics, Mock Court as well as an intense competition known as The Great Debate.

Duke finally found someone they can beat!
They won 9 games last year and beat Temple by 28 in last years bowl. Here's to hoping they're rebuilding.

Clearly they did if they were able to ink this UConn deal.

You would think if Kevin White was going to schedule an AAC team he would throw his son’s UCF program a bone.

If they couldnt beat the ACC Coastal Champ who we throttled, why throw us a bone?
Throwing us a bone would be their basketball team playing at CFE Arena.

I like it, it gives some legitimacy to our stance. We always expected backlash from the "blue blood" programs but not all P5 programs live in that fantasy bubble of self-righteousness. There are more power programs that aren't in a position to demand 2 for 1's with the AAC. This is a good sign that we can get those home and home games.

They won 9 games last year and beat Temple by 28 in last years bowl. Here's to hoping they're rebuilding.

If they couldnt beat the ACC Coastal Champ who we throttled, why throw us a bone?
Throwing us a bone would be their basketball team playing at CFE Arena.

DW's Dad "throwing us a bone" would be for any football game since Duke Basketball is worth so much more than Duke Football.

Duke Hoops looks for many neutral site HOOP games in cities like NYC, Chicago, Indianapolis and plenty of Thanksgiving/Christmas Tournaments.

NOTE: Duke is scheduled to play at least THREE games at Madison Square Garden this upcoming season:
Early Nov game vs Kansas

Nov 21-22: Empire Classic Tournament

While Duke tries to play at least 1 game a year in NYC, Coach K did this since MSG will be the location of the East Regional in March 2020.

I think it would look bad to give a football game to your son and have your team take an embarrassing L.

Why is low-mid level P5s signing 1-1 with UCF now viewed as giving a game? It's not like that wasn't the norm before. Just because USF signed 2-1 with particular P5 teams that virtually never signed 1-1 teams with less prominent schools and have any difficulty filling their schedule, doesn't mean suddenly Duke has all this leverage.

Why is low-mid level P5s signing 1-1 with UCF now viewed as giving a game? It's not like that wasn't the norm before. Just because USF signed 2-1 with particular P5 teams that virtually never signed 1-1 teams with less prominent schools and have any difficulty filling their schedule, doesn't mean suddenly Duke has all this leverage.
I dont think @Knight_Light understands what throwing us a bone means. Playing the Duke football team is equivalent to playing Pitt football. That isnt really a hard get.
Of course, their basketball team is different and K_L listing Duke's scheduling demands further proves how right i am when i say Duke playing at CFE would be a bone thrown this way.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Exactly. We could get a game at CFE because of the basketball ties that we have with them, but that would be a very nice gift or “bone” no matter what.

A Duke football 1 and 1 would be nice, but nothing special

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT