ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievable Season

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
1. This Knight fan was thinking all night long on the ride back from Georgia about the progression of the program from beginning to now and smiling from ear to ear. We did run the table :)

2. Did you all see the myriad of coaches attending the game yesterday? For us it was like a special national event (inauguration) with former and current presidents. We had GOL, Frost and Heupel. Past, current and present HCs. We had the ball coach (Spurrier) who remembers playing us in Bright House stadium in 2013 and coming out of there with only victory against us. There were other coaches there who see the flaws in the current CFB and hopefully will be advocates for programs like us in the future.

3. Again, this team found a way to win despite slow start by offense, special teams having an unspectacular day and secondary showing that they've improved but still appear to be vulnerable.

4. Can we have this kind of defensive play again next season, please? We need some tweaks but this was UCF hard nosed defense. We're going to need another speed rusher to replace "The Griff". I wasn't before but I'm convinced now that #18 can play in the NFL. He's got that LT pass rushing in him. He ran through Auburn's offensive line.

5. Do you realize that we never played a perfect 4 quarters of football this season and still managed to go undefeated? This is what the new coaching staff should aim for with new staff and team that was mostly freshmen and sophomores.

6. We've got many red shirts and transfers to add next season. We would of had a special 2014 if we hadn't lost Bortles. We have our starting QB ready to go in 2018. It should be a fun ride and I'm not expecting next season to be a down year because we were one year ahead of schedule. Only an idiot would try to mess with things big time next season. Heupel isn't an idiot and I believe he will combine what he knows with what he is seeing on this team :)

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT