ADVERTISEMENT

Understanding "why" the "cages" US media narrative was used ...

Ok, tell me what you would do if you had a family in a third world country struggling to survive, your child is sick and probably won't make it with the terrible infrastructure and little money you make.

I'll wait.

So we are pretending, for a second, that this is the exact reason that everybody runs across the border?

Ok...Let's start with what I wouldn't do ... risk my whole family by illegally entering a foreign country. When I get a second, I will tell you what I would do.

So we are pretending, for a second, that this is the exact reason that everybody runs across the border?

Ok...Let's start with what I wouldn't do ... risk my whole family by illegally entering a foreign country. When I get a second, I will tell you what I would do.

For Christ’s sakes, the “crying girl” that was THE symbol of this supposed “kids in cages” mess wasn’t brought here by her mother for no other reason than the mom wanted back into the US. They had a fine life, they had money, and the father wasn’t even told the mother was going to pay violent smugglers and subject her daughter to extreme danger

But meh- every single person crossing illegally is a verified asylum seeker

Reactions: UCFWayne

Oh ok. So you are just better than all these people doing this then. Smarter since you wouldn't risk your family, and more ethical since you wouldn't break the law. All these immigrants are just stupid immoral people, you would be totally different since you are better than them.

Oh ok. So you are just better than all these people doing this then. Smarter since you wouldn't risk your family, and more ethical since you wouldn't break the law. All these immigrants are just stupid immoral people, you would be totally different since you are better than them.

If you knew me, you would know i'm a descendant of LEGAL immigrants. I don't have to tell you what I think I might do ... I can tell you what was done.

Just because your current country sucks doesn't give you the right to A) illegally enter another country or B) subject your kids to being "put in cages" because of your stupidity.

If you knew me, you would know i'm a descendant of LEGAL immigrants. I don't have to tell you what I think I might do ... I can tell you what was done.

Just because your current country sucks doesn't give you the right to A) illegally enter another country or B) subject your kids to being "put in cages" because of your stupidity.

It’s intersting how these people, supposedly DESPERATE for asylum here, can’t simply take a route where they assure that they apply for asylum at one of the hundreds of designated legal entry points.

Instead they are hopping across at night or paying drug cartel smugglers.

The “crying girl” mother paid 6,000 to a smuggler. She could have literally bought her and the daughter a First Class airline ticket to the US instead and applied for asylum legally. It would have spared her daughter the horror of being smuggled by a violent cartel member.

But hey- asking these questions are off limits. You’re a racist if you ponder these things.

Ah yes, because circumstances were exactly the same 100 years ago or whenever or ancestors showed up at Ellis island and we're let into the country vs today.

Your dodging of the question says a lot about you. And it says I was right

Ah yes, because circumstances were exactly the same 100 years ago or whenever or ancestors showed up at Ellis island and we're let into the country vs today.

Your dodging of the question says a lot about you. And it says I was right

Mind explaining how the circumstances are different?

Mind explaining how the circumstances are different?

No, clearly everything is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago.

See, this is why I just call you a moron. Saves so much time and accomplishes the same thing

ninja is so transparent with his hate for all things trump. the guy is pathetic. tds is very real.

ninja is so transparent with his hate for all things trump. the guy is pathetic. tds is very real.

Wayne's number one response to me is personal attacks. You are so transparent with your your hate for me it's pathetic

No, clearly everything is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago.

See, this is why I just call you a moron. Saves so much time and accomplishes the same thing

I love when you just give up and start calling names. Also, I never said "everything is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago" ... so you made up an argument for me and then shot it down.

If you want to continue the discussion, answer the question. I want to know how the circumstances are materially different for immigrants leaving their home country now as opposed to 100 years ago.

I love when you just give up and start calling names. Also, I never said "everything is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago" ... so you made up an argument for me and then shot it down.

If you want to continue the discussion, answer the question. I want to know how the circumstances are materially different for immigrants leaving their home country now as opposed to 100 years ago.
we have a robust safety net now.

the fact that you're even asking that question confirm that you are indeed a moron. you want me to list every single way society has changed in the past hundred years, ALL of which have an impact on immigrants.

Yeah you are a moron.

Just go ask anyone recently who has obtained a green card or full citizenship. My colleague is in the process of becoming a citizen (Australian) and it's not easy. You can imagine how pissed off he is when he sees our politicians pushing for full amnesty and legalization for people who didn't even attempt to come here legally, while he's been working at this for years in the legal way.

the fact that you're even asking that question confirm that you are indeed a moron. you want me to list every single way society has changed in the past hundred years, ALL of which have an impact on immigrants.

Yeah you are a moron.

Every single way? No .... but it appears your position is that immigrants floating into Ellis Island somehow had it significantly easier than immigrants now ... which is somehow an excuse for paying mules tons of cash to illegally enter the country. I was just trying to find out from you if you believe that and why you believe that. That's all.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Every single way? No .... but it appears your position is that immigrants floating into Ellis Island somehow had it significantly easier than immigrants now ... which is somehow an excuse for paying mules tons of cash to illegally enter the country. I was just trying to find out from you if you believe that and why you believe that. That's all.
because trump is evil and you are a moron. - ninja

Of course it was easier back then, literally as you said, get on a boat, show up, as long as you aren't obviously dying from dysentery you get in.

Of course it was easier back then, literally as you said, get on a boat, show up, as long as you aren't obviously dying from dysentery you get in.

Unless you were Chinese .... or couldn't pass literacy tests .... or the "quota" from your country was met already ... from the "whiter" parts of Europe (Ireland, Germany, UK) ... Jewish people were limited to lower numbers ... etc. etc. etc.

You have no idea what you are talking about .... and you are making this a huge issue for political reasons and you must know it or are extremely naive.

By the way, immigrants "100 years ago" didn't get social benefits ... they lived in squalor and worked their butts off for everything they made. They wanted to be here for the right reasons. Take that for what you want.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
Unless you were Chinese .... or couldn't pass literacy tests .... or the "quota" from your country was met already ... from the "whiter" parts of Europe (Ireland, Germany, UK) ... Jewish people were limited to lower numbers ... etc. etc. etc.

You have no idea what you are talking about .... and you are making this a huge issue for political reasons and you must know it or are extremely naive.

By the way, immigrants "100 years ago" didn't get social benefits ... they lived in squalor and worked their butts off for everything they made. They wanted to be here for the right reasons. Take that for what you want.

Huh, so you are saying things ARE actually different. Funny how you just made my point for me.

Also I love how you still think immigrants are here to simultaneously steal our jobs while being on welfare. Not even trying to hide your racism

Glenn Beck has arguably one of the most conservative followings in all of media. Back when we had the mass influx of children crossing the border, that conservative following raised 3 mil to provide the kids in lockup with food, toys, soccer balls, etc. The mainstream media pretty much ignored that act of compassion, and the numbers of children being detained was several times higher than what we have now. So what has changed? We went from around 10,000 kids in lockup prior to zero tolerance to about 12,000 at the peak of the outrage.

You surely have to see the politicization of this.
The Clinton-Media-Progressive machine will never admit that Christian charities have always and still settle the most refugees. Or they try to spin it saying they 'take the government's money.' Ummm, it's not that much, and it's a heck of a lot less than what it costs the government to provide for them.

I have been unfriended over providing the statistics on this matter. It's as if the Clinton-Media-Progressives are unwilling to even consider there might be some truth, because it takes away from their ability to demonizing all Christians as the political religious right.

The Hispanic-American is the new Irish-American, only they are gaining power far faster, within 1-2 generations, whereas it took Irish-Americans 3-4. Irish-Americans had it far, far worse over a century ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT