ADVERTISEMENT

Unemployment

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
THERE ARE NOW MORE JOBS AVAILABLE IN THE U.S. THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE LOOKING FOR JOBS
By Kevin Ryan

32286550_796249600561037_5134495551097667584_n.png

For the first time since the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) began keeping job opening records in 2000, the number of jobs available in America exceeds the number of people looking for jobs. The milestone was reached this week when the BLS released employment data for March showing 6,550,000 job openings, or 204,000 more than the number of unemployed people in the country.

sources:
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.nr0.htm
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/UNEMPLOY
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/JTSJOL

unbiased america facebook group

Hey what happened to your daily hilariously absurd updates on the stock market? Where you tried to convince everyone we were doomed?

Gee, did something happen?
Oh my, you think the stock market is performing well given the cash infusion that these companies have? We're down in 2018 dope.

i admit that we still need to get more people back into the work force or at least looking to get a job. that was something that was a negative for obama's unemployment numbers and its still true today. but with more jobs open than people available, this could cause wages to go up in certain areas.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
i admit that we still need to get more people back into the work force or at least looking to get a job. that was something that was a negative for obama's unemployment numbers and its still true today. but with more jobs open than people available, this could cause wages to go up in certain areas.
A natural wage pressure due would not be a bad thing. Of course, Pelosi has just changed her tact and is pushing the Dems to run on raising corporate taxes and minimum wage.

And you guys think that's a good thing.

It's a very good thing. We need inflationary pressure in the labor market badly.

Keep in mind that the unemployment statistics never have been and still aren't a good measure of anything on its own. We still have less than 130 million full time workers in a country of 330 million.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Oh my, you think the stock market is performing well given the cash infusion that these companies have? We're down in 2018 dope.

LOL! Didn't you say you work in finance? If so, God help your company. Here are some figures for you that may help. Over the rolling 12 month period (a year), the market is up 4,143 points. Starting from the last day of trading in 2017, the market is basically flat but still up within the calendar year. Since the start of May the market is up nearly 600 points and trending higher.

DJIA:
May 11, 2018: 20,896
Last day of trading in 2017: 24,719
DJIA close yesterday: 24,739

Sorry if all of this good economic news makes you butthurt.

LOL! Didn't you say you work in finance? If so, God help your company. Here are some figures for you that may help. Over the rolling 12 month period (a year), the market is up 4,143 points. Starting from the last day of trading in 2017, the market is basically flat but still up within the calendar year. Since the start of May the market is up nearly 600 points and trending higher.

DJIA:

No bigger long term perma bull than me, but until the January highs are retested and broken through, I'm calling bullshit.

iu

DJIA:

Yeah, but what about the compooters?

No bigger long term perma bull than me, but until the January highs are retested and broken through, I'm calling bullshit.

iu

52MOA has been stagnant since February. Just wait 'til the new 21% rates start getting reflected fully in earnings calls. It'll reverse up by Summer.

DJIA:

Yeah 5 .5 months of volatility and no growth in spite of a massive stimulus which is ballooning the deficit to the point of the government creating additional bond terms they have never had to use before is great news.

Yeah 5 .5 months of volatility and no growth in spite of a massive stimulus which is ballooning the deficit to the point of the government creating additional bond terms they have never had to use before is great news.

You do realize that a large part of that is the sins of the past, right?

The approach that they are taking is unconventional, but is probably the best chance we have of resetting without a major deflationary period like Japan has suffered through.

Reactions: btbones
You know how taxes work right? You pay them in April for the previous year.

Lmao

The federal government typically posts a budget surplus in April, when taxpayers face a mid-month deadline to file their returns.
An extra day of collections in the month added about $19 billion to government receipts, Treasury said.

In addition, some wealthy Americans put off paying tax bills last year as they awaited clarity on Republican plans to cut taxes.

But really, this is not due to a major economic change,” he said about higher government revenue. “Every April is going to show an even bigger bump just because of inflation and wage growth.”

From the exact article 85 posted. Pathetic.

Reactions: Crazyhole
You know how a calendar year works right? There are months- 12 of them. 12 of those months adds up to a year.

Do you have a birthday coming up? I'd love to give you something nice.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

i had to view the comments to see why you posted this. you had me laughing out loud.

Lmao

The federal government typically posts a budget surplus in April, when taxpayers face a mid-month deadline to file their returns.
An extra day of collections in the month added about $19 billion to government receipts, Treasury said.

In addition, some wealthy Americans put off paying tax bills last year as they awaited clarity on Republican plans to cut taxes.

But really, this is not due to a major economic change,” he said about higher government revenue. “Every April is going to show an even bigger bump just because of inflation and wage growth.”

From the exact article 85 posted. Pathetic.
Wait?!

So what you're saying businesses are smart about the government, play wait and see, avoiding hiring people when the rules take more money from them, and that the changes Trump made are better for the country as a whole, especially employment, which is why businesses are hiring now?

This is what I mean by '3rd grade level.' ;)

I.e., you think you're pointing out a factor that is allegedly 'negative' towards Trump's, but it's actually what Libertarians and Conservatives have been saying all along, and was just proved!

It's just like putting asterisk's on UCF's win over Auburn ... in the end, UCF actually beat Auburn. Even if you don't want to get into the details of how UCF owned Auburn nearly the whole game, and just leave it at a 3rd grade level, UCF beat Auburn.

Businesses are hiring because of Trump's tax code. If you have to be at a 3rd grade level, that's reality.

But if you start getting into the weeds on why, read it ... but don't stop to understand it, and why the tax code is leading to more hiring ... then you're just those people who are talking about how UCF didn't really beat Auburn, and are trying to use similar details, as you did.

UCF beat Auburn, at both a 3rd grade level and in the details.
Trump's tax code encourages labor investment, not hording of cash, both domestically and overseas, but also penalizes overseas like never before too ... so US companies are hiring more now.

Wonder why? ;)

Last edited:
remember that time fried chicken claimed to be a fiscal republican and an economist with a mba?
Random thought of the day ...

After reading everyone of @fried-chicken's posts, I hear Queen's "One Vision" song in my head. Because the album release slows down at the very end of the song, and comes out more like "Fried Chicken" than "One Vision." So that, along with it being a headliner song in a really bad '80s after school special-like movie ("Iron Eagle"), I guess it's just the way I read his posts ...

Like a bad, after school special with cheesy audio engineering.

Random thought of the day ...

After reading everyone of @fried-chicken's posts, I hear Queen's "One Vision" song in my head. Because the album release slows down at the very end of the song, and comes out more like "Fried Chicken" than "One Vision." So that, along with it being a headliner song in a really bad '80s after school special-like movie ("Iron Eagle"), I guess it's just the way I read his posts ...

Like a bad, after school special with cheesy audio engineering.
Dude, Iron Eagle was great!

Reactions: UCFBS
No, he minored in MBA but got a masters in economics and Republicanism from the university of feenix.

Reactions: UCFWayne
This is why no one reads your posts. Asterisks on UCF's win over Auburn?!? you make Milton look like a well socialized Stephen Hawking.

Meanwhile in the real world Trumps tax plan has caused the Fed to go into a panic mode and issue 2 month bonds while providing no tangible growth. A brand new type of bond they need to help bandaid deficit, something that pissed me off except no one believes a SJW Antifa liberal like me might be against insane irresponsible spending.

Meanwhile in the real world Trumps tax plan has caused the Fed to go into a panic mode and issue 2 month bonds while providing no tangible growth. A brand new type of bond they need to help bandaid deficit, something that pissed me off except no one believes a SJW Antifa liberal like me might be against insane irresponsible spending.

Yawn. Just did a Google search for any/all Fed news and found nothing suggesting they are in “panic mode” and nothing about 2 month bonds. Or being related to “basic”.

I did however find this article stating that positive inflation data has erased the need to speed up tightening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...pickup-eases-pressure-on-fed-for-faster-hikes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT