***Updated: DT Artavius Jones commits to Miami***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
fbtd9ff0wfsedalq2wnb

High-priority UCF target Artavius Jones made his much anticipated official visit last weekend. The Blountstown (Fla.) defensive tackle was offered by Kenny Martin back in January and has visited several times already.

"It was amazing," Jones said of Bounce House Weekend. "I love the coaches. I love the staff. I had a great time here."

One of his favorite activities was playing dodgeball against the other recruits. But was he good at it though?

"Nah," Jones said. "I'm a pretty big target."

Jones did say the defensive line recruits dominated the offensive linemen in the scavenger hunt competition.

"You know offensive linemen are kind of slow," Jones said with a laugh.

Favorite car on display?

"The white Lambo," Jones said. "If you know, you know."

As for UCF, Jones understands that he's the No. 1 defensive tackle on their board.

"Coach Martin is a great coach," Jones said. "I talked to some of his players and they all said that... I really had a great time. I love it here. I see myself playing here. Great environment and great people... They're going to the Big 12 too and that's a great thing."

Jones visited Tennessee unofficially the previous week. He said he plans to visit Charlotte this weekend and then Indiana before closing out June with an official visit to Miami. Wisconsin could also enter the mix having offered earlier this week.

Where does UCF stand with him?

"They're definitely my top choice," Jones said. "I love the program, the education, the coaches, staff. The people are just so amazing, how they treat people. How they treated my family. It was just amazing to be honest."

Jones said he plans to make a commitment this upcoming football season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News