ADVERTISEMENT

Upgrade

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
For all you gloomier / doomers out there this is an upgrade in HC / DC. Heupel says you have to be physical and run ball up middle in interview online. This is area we struggled with this season. Many were not happy with our DC who is now being replaced Our QB should continue to improve under Heupel. Offense should score lots of points. Defensive backs should improve under Shannon who is a great recruiter. It will be hard to select last recruits after early recruiting period is over. Keep faith in players and university.

Long term I think we're fine, but as for closing out the most improbable and exciting season in program history with a massive win on the national stage? Feels like we're pissing away a truly unique opportunity. A win to remain the only unbeaten against a team that beat 2 of the playoff teams would send shockwaves through the college football world. Every pundit would be outraged that UCF didn't get a shot to play for the national title. I don't feel like the program is in a place to pull off this last win.

Heupel scored 39 point nets a game in the SEC with Missouri talent. I think we'll be ok on offense in the AAC, aka, lil Big 12. Add in Randy Shannon and Florida athletes playing defense and the arrow is pointing up.
He got most of his good talent from TX and stole a few from here. We should be good tho. Shannon can get all of florida, corey bell can recruit all star CB's, heupel can milk everywhere else.

His offense does employ a power running game. Richardson should be perfect for that set. This Place is going to have to learn how to adapt to bigger defenses if he wants to survive the big ten. So I would say that JH is ahead of Frost in experience with bigger defenses and knowledge of how to best them. I hope he helps prepare for Auburn.

Heupel has a deeper coaching tree than Frost (obviously). There should be upgrades in all of the coaches. The question is can they get along and keep egos in check. The Heupel/Shannon relationship has a weird Muschamp/Weis feel.

Heupel has a deeper coaching tree than Frost (obviously). There should be upgrades in all of the coaches. The question is can they get along and keep egos in check. The Heupel/Shannon relationship has a weird Muschamp/Weis feel.
I’ll feel a lot better about things when we hire all of the coaches/staff. Frost had some really good connections as far as Austin (offensive line) and the strength and conditioning coach

Do you think Heupel has better connections?
I already know Shannon is obviously a HUGE upgrade

We do have more money as well

UCF did a great job moving on from SF and company. DW was in a tough spot was again comes thru big. JH is going to make us all forget SF ( top rated O in SEC... and coaching that system with UCF talent in the AAC...wow) and Shannon will get UCF D into the top 50. I think is was like 91 under Chilander. Chilander was not a very good DC. And this offense will only be BETTER next year.....think of that for a second!

UCF did a great job moving on from SF and company. DW was in a tough spot was again comes thru big. JH is going to make us all forget SF ( top rated O in SEC... and coaching that system with UCF talent in the AAC...wow) and Shannon will get UCF D into the top 50. I think is was like 91 under Chilander. Chilander was not a very good DC. And this offense will only be BETTER next year.....think of that for a second!
Chinander was never a DC before. At the beginning of the year, we thought that he was good, in the end, he was terrible. Blown coverages, poor tackling, bad DB techniques and the terrible stats to back it up. Sacks were way down.

I’m contrast, we are lucky to get Shannon. He’s one of the very best in college football

He got most of his good talent from TX and stole a few from here. We should be good tho. Shannon can get all of florida, corey bell can recruit all star CB's, heupel can milk everywhere else.

Where is Corey Bell? I have not seen anything about him since it was announced he is joining the staff. No interviews or Twitter posts. Is he still onboard? I looked last night and could not find anything.

No one knows how Heupel will be as head coach. I am optimistic but time will tell. On DC we def stepped up our game.

Where is Corey Bell? I have not seen anything about him since it was announced he is joining the staff. No interviews or Twitter posts. Is he still onboard? I looked last night and could not find anything.
Probably finalizing details. 247 has reported several times and confirmed it. Then again he is a DB coach so i dont expect him to be doing many interviews lol

Probably finalizing details. 247 has reported several times and confirmed it. Then again he is a DB coach so i dont expect him to be doing many interviews lol

Ha! I don't expect him to be in the spotlight. That said, since we only have 3 coaches I figured someone in the media would reach out and chat for a little bit.

Oh well, let's hope he is on board.

Reactions: Mikesi
Chinander was never a DC before. At the beginning of the year, we thought that he was good, in the end, he was terrible. Blown coverages, poor tackling, bad DB techniques and the terrible stats to back it up. Sacks were way down.

I’m contrast, we are lucky to get Shannon. He’s one of the very best in college football

I think Johnny Dawkins could have done a better job as DC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT