ADVERTISEMENT

US Ambassadors Missing-in-Action

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
I was blown away to learn this morning that of our 196 US Ambassadors, ONLY SEVEN have been confirmed by Congress and have assumed their positions. Do we have an Ambassador in China? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in Russia? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in England? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in Germany? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in France? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in Japan? NO.

Biden took office in January and it's now NOVEMBER. If ever there was a clear sign of how incredibly screwed up our country has become, THIS IS IT. How can we have any semblance of foreign relations -- or a sincere interest in national security -- if we allow this kind of insanity to exist?

I was blown away to learn this morning that of our 196 US Ambassadors, ONLY SEVEN have been confirmed by Congress and have assumed their positions. Do we have an Ambassador in China? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in Russia? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in England? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in Germany? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in France? NO. Do we have an Ambassador in Japan? NO.

Biden took office in January and it's now NOVEMBER. If ever there was a clear sign of how incredibly screwed up our country has become, THIS IS IT. How can we have any semblance of foreign relations -- or a sincere interest in national security -- if we allow this kind of insanity to exist?
Maybe it's just a product of having the ability to have real-time interaction between the White House and other world leaders. It does seem strange but it's hard to say it's a terrible thing out of hand.

Unconscionable that we haven’t had any contact with any of those countries since January. That must be why the world is falling apart - no ambassadors.

Shuck, can you tell us what an ambassador does?

Unconscionable that we haven’t had any contact with any of those countries since January. That must be why the world is falling apart - no ambassadors. Shuck, can you tell us what an ambassador does?
SMH. Yeah, let's argue we don't even need them. What an great debate point!!! :rolleyes:

Let's put it this way, if we had our Ambassador in France in place earlier this year, there's a good chance the bruhaha we recently had with the French over our nuclear submarine contract with the Aussies wouldn't have happened.

On a national security front, you really think it's 'no big deal' not to have a US Ambassador currently stationed in China and Russia?

Trump's fault!!!

SMH. Yeah, let's argue we don't even need them. What an great debate point!!! :rolleyes:

Let's put it this way, if we had our Ambassador in France in place earlier this year, there's a good chance the bruhaha we recently had with the French over our nuclear submarine contract with the Aussies wouldn't have happened.

On a national security front, you really think it's 'no big deal' not to have a US Ambassador currently stationed in China and Russia?
Do you have a source to back up the claim that an ambassador to France would have stopped the submarine contract?

I haven’t said we don’t need them. You’re the one making the claim that it’s some huge deal that we don’t have them.

Is this… criticism of Biden and the Dems? Coming from you??

Do you have a source to back up the claim that an ambassador to France would have stopped the submarine contract?
It wasn't about STOPPING the contract, it was about maintaining good relationships with our allies. You know, the kind of thing that Ambassadors do.
Is this… criticism of Biden and the Dems? Coming from you??
Apparently you have no clue how Ambassadors are confirmed.

It wasn't about STOPPING the contract, it was about maintaining good relationships with our allies. You know, the kind of thing that Ambassadors do.

Apparently you have no clue how Ambassadors are confirmed.
Lol… what was the ambassador going to do, tell them “sorry, I’m your ambassador and you’re not upset about losing the submarine contract to us.”

I know that ambassadors are confirmed in the senate by the vote of a majority, which democrats have…

Can you fill me in on how this is somehow going to be all the fault of those darn Republicans again?

Lol… what was the ambassador going to do, tell them “sorry, I’m your ambassador and you’re not upset about losing the submarine contract to us.”

I know that ambassadors are confirmed in the senate by the vote of a majority, which democrats have…

Can you fill me in on how this is somehow going to be all the fault of those darn Republicans again?
Because Ted Cruz is playing politics. And yes it does have national security implications because ambassadors run their respective embassies in which intelligence officials are often actively working in as well. They often share info and work together.

Last edited:
Because Ted Cruz is playing politics. And yes it does have national security implications because ambassadors run their respective embassies in which intelligence officials are often actively working in as well. They often share info and work together.

It generally takes more than a year for ambassadors to finally be in place.

Democrats have both houses, it is on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT