ADVERTISEMENT

Vols practice in UCF indoor facility

Just liked this bit from a connecte article

"Sampson was asked on Thursday in Orlando if it was tough to wait his turn behind Wright and Small.

"I mean, it wasn't hard because once I made peace with it, you know, we all got the same goal, we all push to help each other," said Sampson. "I mean, I can't look at it as hard. It was just, you know, it only helped me get better. And it all helped us be our best. So I accepted that and I'm in the position (RB1) I am right now."

... It seems far too often that young players hit the portal in search of playing time instead of just continuing to put in the work and wait their turn. "

KZ’s wife if she made the trip has to be happy to back in town. Knoxville is a culture shock when living there not as a student

You can't spell Citrus without UT. :p

“This is a great city,” Heupel said of Orlando. “My family, myself, we absolutely loved living here. A lot of our staff at Tennessee was with us here. It has been great to be back in this city. To the administration, Coach Malzahn at UCF, they were great in allowing us to go practice there.”

You can't spell Citrus without UT. :p

“This is a great city,” Heupel said of Orlando. “My family, myself, we absolutely loved living here. A lot of our staff at Tennessee was with us here. It has been great to be back in this city. To the administration, Coach Malzahn at UCF, they were great in allowing us to go practice there.”

Gus taking notes on bowl prep?

• Haha
Reactions: Poolside Knight
Glad to see Heupel is still liked by UCFAA. I actually liked him. Obviously a lot didn’t. With P5 and him picking his own DC he could have been good for us. Randy wasn’t recruiting well for a DC and that made Heupel not be great in peoples eyes. He calls a good offensive game. Just needs a DC that recruits and coaches well.

Reactions: VFL1970
I gained a lot of respect for Heupel by going and speaking at Otis Anderson's funeral. He's clearly a good guy that is liked by his staff/players/peers but I can't explain why the recruiting under him was...off? Going to AZ for QBs, Germany for OL... Guy just needed to work local/regional connections.

I gained a lot of respect for Heupel by going and speaking at Otis Anderson's funeral. He's clearly a good guy that is liked by his staff/players/peers but I can't explain why the recruiting under him was...off? Going to AZ for QBs, Germany for OL... Guy just needed to work local/regional connections.
The good QBs in state didn’t want to play G5. We were losing battles to Vandy. Rubelt was a gamble but he seems to like UCF. Stayed after coaching change. Good attitude.

It's a damn shame UCF couldn't find a position for MM. Class act that Heupel made a spot for Milton.

Reactions: PositYourself
KZ’s wife if she made the trip has to be happy to back in town. Knoxville is a culture shock when living there not as a student

From what I remember they had some pretty decent reataraunts and they have a great brewery Xul Brewing.

Glad to see Heupel is still liked by UCFAA. I actually liked him. Obviously a lot didn’t. With P5 and him picking his own DC he could have been good for us. Randy wasn’t recruiting well for a DC and that made Heupel not be great in peoples eyes. He calls a good offensive game. Just needs a DC that recruits and coaches well.
Disagree on the recruiting piece with RS. He had some pretty good under the radar finds, although they all transferred out or got kicked off the team. The defense suffered from the light speed pace of the offense, playing wayyyy too many minutes, and when you lack depth, well……

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT