ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest and BC aren’t afraid of some damn hurricane...

ReturnOf

Bronze Knight
Jan 6, 2008
they’re playing right now, after moving the game up 2 hours.

UNC could have travelled to Orlando, they already cancelled classes for students allowing them to go back home. The team would be safer in state not affected by the storm.

What logistics?? Orlando is the second largest hotel market, can’t they find any rooms? Bunch of mularkey, IMHO. Teams got to have contingency plans.

Those two teams are in conference. This is an OCC game. For them, it's a win because they didn't lose. It hurts us more. I don't disagree and in fact the track of Florence is giving Chapel Hill some rain. I have sat in the Citrus Bowl in a topical storm or two watching the Knights play.

UNC could have travelled to Orlando, they already cancelled classes for students allowing them to go back home. The team would be safer in state not affected by the storm.

What logistics?? Orlando is the second largest hotel market, can’t they find any rooms? Bunch of mularkey, IMHO. Teams got to have contingency plans.

Dude...let it go. Its a damn football game! The logistics of getting people to work a game here last second is tough enough. Add that to the fact that we do not want to give up our future home game which is a draw for future season ticket sales. Most importantly, these people have family and friends they will be worried about back home and getting home could be a logistical nightmare. We get so caught up about football, I am included in this as well, that we forget that in the grand scheme of things it isnt all that important

We could have traveled to Atlanta last year. We didn’t. Or Maine.

It was already scheduled for Thursday so nothing had to change except an early start. Much different than moving a game to another city and venue. It was a conference game as well.

It takes over 1000 people to put a game on. Let's see some of you geniuses pull the logistics of that off. Some of our fans must have never worked or organized anything before because they are truly clueless. I wanted this game to happen as much as anyone but we just couldn't get all of the logistics figured out.

Reactions: Raynman and Mikesi
It takes over 1000 people to put a game on. Let's see some of you geniuses pull the logistics of that off. Some of our fans must have never worked or organized anything before because they are truly clueless. I wanted this game to happen as much as anyone but we just couldn't get all of the logistics figured out.
Hahahahaha. Exactly.

Wish we could post Marc Daniel’s podcast.

“A Stadium owner isn’t going to just hand over the keys to some UCF guy and say here you go, play some football!”

Something like that

This isn’t like when we used to ask my friends dad if we could use his yard for some tackle football. :joy:

Since we don't know what went on behind the scenes, it just looks like it is too easy to cancel the game instead of finding an answer. It also looks strange/pathetic that Ga Tech offered to switch games, hence could get their 1,000s on track to play a game, and yet we can't (since that seems to be what people here are saying). I think, hope, we have a staff just as good, if not better, than Ga. Tech. What probably really happened is what was said above, they really weren't that excited about the game since it's OOC and their season probably won't be seeing any exciting post season play. This week off gives them time to right the ship, if possible.

let's just start scheduling Pac12 schools out of conference away games in September, problem solved.

I've said this before and it's against Danny White's philosophy but a 1 and done at USC this season would have been perfect.

Reactions: ReturnOf and Mikesi
let's just start scheduling Pac12 schools out of conference away games in September, problem solved.

I've said this before and it's against Danny White's philosophy but a 1 and done at USC this season would have been perfect.
Wouldn’t mind a road trip to Arizona or Cali
Even San Diego State or Boise.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT