ADVERTISEMENT

Wal Mart taking on Amazon with subscription shopping service?

brahmanknight

Sep 5, 2007
Winter Park
jeff-bezos-348.jpg

Wal-Mart is preparing to launch a subscription service for speedy-shipping to take on Amazon's $99-per-year Prime service, The Information's Amir Efrati reported Wednesday afternoon.

Wal-Mart confirmed the news to AP reporter Annie D'Innocenzio.

The service will cost $50 per year, less than Amazon Prime's price tag. However, it won't include Amazon's features like free video and music streaming — at least at first. Any of the one million products offered through the service, which is currently invitation-only, will arrive in three days or less.

Wal-Mart already offers same-day grocery delivery in five cities and lets shoppers buy things online and then pick them up in stores, but this would be a big move that would require more infrastructure.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-subscription-shopping-service-2015-5#ixzz3a8KPaRbW

I'm pretty sure WalMart doesn't carry a lot of stuff Amazon currently does, unless they're intending to just copy exactly what Amazon is doing.

I ordered a 5.11 backpack on Wednesday night and it was here this morning. That's unreal. I don't think WalMart even carries 5.11

I've been to SuperWalMart twice since moving back to Orlando.

Once at about 7 PM in Casselbery, and once in Oviedo at noon.

Never. Again.
You haven't lived until you've gone to the Union Park WM. It doesn't really matter what time you go, but after midnight is the best.
(and by best, I mean in a PeopleOfWalmart kind of way)

Shop online or go to the store, you still don't have to wear shoes or underwear. Plus, this will screw all those rich Wal-Mart greeters and cashiers out of a job.

The Apopka Walmart on the corner of OBT and Hiawassee is the biggest collection of trash you've ever seen in your life. I've seen fistfights there, a woman dragging her kid by her hair down an aisle, people fighting over chicken, and I saw someone throw a can of Bush's Baked beans at someone. A god damn hot mess of worthless low-life humans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT