ADVERTISEMENT

War on I4 Game Thread

this kelly clown on ESPN doesn't know what he's talking about. in any game at any level if a QB gets sacked with 8 secs remaining and no timeouts the game is over, you cannot lineup and spike the ball in that amount of time.
Whether you can or not in theory, you certainly can't if you throw the ball to a defender after you're down.

It seems like a combination of things with Keene. When he stays in the pocket and it's obviously a play designed for him to throw vertically, he won't throw it. It seems like he can't see the field, or is just too uncertain to let it go. His confidence should have improved as the season progressed but it hasn't. Then when he leaves the pocket he has zero escapability. Not only does he look slow but he seems unable to make the subtle shifty moves and side-steps that quarterbacks make to cause rushers to run past him. So he ends up chucking the ball at full sprint.

Keene is bad. Case closed, lucky to escape with a win in my book. Defense mostly played well. Morris-Brash, Celiscar and Bethune along with a few others have been phenomenal…the secondary still can’t shed blocks or tackle though.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
It seems like a combination of things with Keene. When he stays in the pocket and it's obviously a play designed for him to throw vertically, he won't throw it. It seems like he can't see the field, or is just too uncertain to let it go. His confidence should have improved as the season progressed but it hasn't. Then when he leaves the pocket he has zero escapability. Not only does he look slow but he seems unable to make the subtle shifty moves and side-steps that quarterbacks make to cause rushers to run past him. So he ends up chucking the ball at full sprint.
True, but he's a true freshman. MM was 6-6 as a true freshman

Well 8-4 with 3 weeks or so to get ready for a bowl game. Hopefully DG and Bowser will be back and we get a W against a decent opponent to go 9-4.
Please don't play BYU again in a bowl game! That was embarrassing

After reading the reactions, feeling much better. Watching the Bulls fans pretend that they got robbed sweetens the win by a lot.

Also heard that Keene has been playing hurt, as many have suspected.

Reactions: mattropolis
Shout out to #10 William Wells with a big QB sack in the 4th Quarter (Who is William Wells btw???)

Also with all the injuries does anyone have a clue why 4* transfer #23 Jaiden Francois never sees the field?? There were many people upset because Nebraska held up his transfer last year but yet he can't sniff the field this year?? He is dressed out for every game. Just curious...

Shout out to #10 William Wells with a big QB sack in the 4th Quarter (Who is William Wells btw???)

Also with all the injuries does anyone have a clue why 4* transfer #23 Jaiden Francois never sees the field?? There were many people upset because Nebraska held up his transfer last year but yet he can't sniff the field this year?? He is dressed out for every game. Just curious...
Agree that was a heck of an effort play by Wells. We need more of that.

You’ve also got to remember that Bowser was like the #3 back until the first two got hurt before the season even started so we’ve been rolling with the #4 and 5 guys the majority of the season. Let’s all hope we are healthy next season.
MAR stepped up. He's the typical back Gus likes. Only a sophomore too. I just don't know what to make of this offense. This isn't anywhere near close what we've running for the last four years.

So what the hell was up with the refs calling “no good” on that first Obarfski FG “miss”? I was at the game and couldn’t tell, but the students reacted as if it was good. I thought that was weird but believable since it’s Obarfski. Just started watching the recording at home, perfect bottom camera view looking up at the goal posts and that thing was good by 3 feet inside the upright. I mean, it wasn’t even close to being a miss. That’s crazy man, these refs had terrible calls all night and all were against us. I know the AAC hates us, the fix seems to be in the last few games. Terrible..

Reactions: Poolside Knight
So what the hell was up with the refs calling “no good” on that first Obarfski FG “miss”? I was at the game and couldn’t tell, but the students reacted as if it was good. I thought that was weird but believable since it’s Obarfski. Just started watching the recording at home, perfect bottom camera view looking up at the goal posts and that thing was good by 3 feet inside the upright. I mean, it wasn’t even close to being a miss. That’s crazy man, these refs had terrible calls all night and all were against us. I know the AAC hates us, the fix seems to be in the last few games. Terrible..
It was above the top of the goalposts, does that matter?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Idk how it looked on TV, but at the game there was a play Keene faked to a wide open Okeefe, and then proceeded to run the opposite way and then threw it out of bounds. When I say Okeefe was wide open, I mean wasn’t a person within 40 yards of him.
It looked like that on TV too.

Useless information, but interesting (probably to only me) about 80 of the 112 total passing yards came on the 1st two drives of the game.

Useless information, but interesting (probably to only me) about 80 of the 112 total passing yards came on the 1st two drives of the game.
Feels like all season Gus has a solid 2 drives scripted to start the game and those 2 drives Mikey would have most of his passing yards. After, the passing game would fall apart.

I completely missed the game due to a band gig, but I have it on DVR. I saw the final score and the highlights on 11 o'clock news. I'm wondering if it is worth watching the game now. Maybe I won't and just go that WE WON (hopefully the last) WAR ON I-4. 7-6. SUCK IT DUH*BULLS...& BUH-BYE...

kind of an amazing anomaly to win your rivalry game when your QB passes for like 8 yards or whatever it was the entire 2nd half

Crowd, MAR, & DLine won that game
Johnny Richardson was the man....when we needed a big play he gave it to us...8 runs 95 yards and our 2nd leading receiver. MAR also played well but he's not as explosive as Johnny. Johnny took the place of our lack of passing and set us up to score more points (if we had a better FG kicker). Johnny and MAR will be our 2 headed RB combo next year. And we've got to fix our FG problem.

Feels like all season Gus has a solid 2 drives scripted to start the game and those 2 drives Mikey would have most of his passing yards. After, the passing game would fall apart.
Yep that's spot on...on the scripted plays Mikey knows exactly what to do...when he has to improvise he's much less effective and when he's heavily pressured he's nearly useless....

It looked close at the game but if you saw it as good by 3 feet on TV then it surely was good. I hope we make big noise about it and let them know we won't accept this because, with the bad calls over our last few games, we need to stop this now. I hope our AD is all over the AAC and lets them know we're not putting up with it next year. But the root cause is still that our PK needs to be more accurate....Obarsky has a good leg but needs a lot of work on his accuracy to keep his job.

I'm seeing the FG replay. It looks like the view is from under the right side of the post. The ball is high and could have easily been outside the goalposts. We would need a view from directly under the left goalpost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT