ADVERTISEMENT

WAY OT: Life Insurance Ratings?

AGLamb

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2021
Weird question, I'll delete this after but I'm life insurance shopping.

I'm looking at a policy with Banner Life (owned by Legal & General, who also owns William Penn) and they are rated by AM Best, Standard and Poor as well as Fitch.

they aren't rated by moodys but they do have whatever a COMDEX rating of 95 means

every other company i'm looking at is rated by moodys too.

Any finance / insurance nerds know why this would be? Should it be a red flag? dungeon people are experts at everything so i figure someone can weigh in. i've never done this before and don't know anyone IRL who can comment here.

I did a little grid to compare ratings between the 5 cheapest policies I was offered.. Pacific life and this Banner Life company have the highest ratings for the companies I was quoted. Pacific Life has the moody's rating, Banner doesn't. Pacific is $15/yr more for my wife and I. it's all the same money, within $20/yr of each other, and the same coverage so this was the only way I could figure to make an honest comparison here.

Not a big deal but ill save a few bucks.. it's a 30 year agreement so i thought I'd try to do a little homework here vs. taking whatever is cheapest

Last edited:
Reactions: OregonKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News