Votes: 6 7.4%
  • 15-20

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • 20-25

Votes: 32 39.5%
  • unranked

Votes: 15 18.5%

• Total voters
Probably 20ish and we'll be in the same boat usf was this year where we will slowly rise assuming we take care of business. Gotta hope that FAU upsets OU so we get a nice ranked match up.

I don’t see FAU even playing them close unless their new QB is terrible.

That is the SEC talking through you. You have been programmed. You need to embrace the new college football order where anything is possible (except UCF making the CFP)

Should be #1, Undefeated defending national champs, until we are knocked out of #1 should be #1. I would put NIT winner at #2.

Should be #1, Undefeated defending national champs, until we are knocked out of #1 should be #1. I would put NIT winner at #2.

Black and Gold goggles are nice, but we lost some serious leadership and talent. Personally I think Mike Hughes is the biggest. He was lights out in coverage.

That is the SEC talking through you. You have been programmed. You need to embrace the new college football order where anything is possible (except UCF making the CFP)
No. I live 30 minutes from FAU. They aren’t a great team. Navy killed them, Wisconsin killed them, Buffalo beat them. Then they played CUSA and Akron or somebody and ran the table.

In all honesty, we deserve top 10, but not too far into it. If our Conference name was "Big East," that might happen. But not as AAC with limited history, even if our limited history puts the BCS-era Big East to shame.

I see us ranked right at 25 or not at all. That is how I see the cartel screwing us. Then we work our way into the top 15 just in time for the “playoff committee” to put us at about 22.

Reactions: Mikesi
I see us ranked right at 25 or not at all. That is how I see the cartel screwing us. Then we work our way into the top 15 just in time for the “playoff committee” to put us at about 22.
Exactly. Or we lose one game and we are thrown into the abyss as a one hit wonder.

Perfection gets you almost nowhere and 1-2 losses and a 4-5 loss SEC team is equivelant to us.

Maybe not even in the eyes of Paul Douchebaum.

Everyone needs to pour two fingers, take a Xanax bar and relax. All we have to do is win out again and we will end up in the CFP at #4.

With the easy schedule this year, if we are as good as everyone has been proclaiming an undefeated regular season should be attainable.

Everyone needs to pour two fingers, take a Xanax bar and relax. All we have to do is win out again and we will end up in the CFP at #4.

With the easy schedule this year, if we are as good as everyone has been proclaiming an undefeated regular season should be attainable.
Last years schedule wasn’t easy and this years is harder. What are you talking about?

OOC is tougher for sure, not sure about conference schedule though. That might be easier since Memphis and USF will take steps back. No @Navy either
The unknown isn’t a definite easier path. New QBs at USF and Memphis could step in and be similar. Houston should be better.

CFP formula ...

If X is G5 ==> 4 * BCS Computer Ranking

I don’t trust their defense. I do think UH has a decent one though.
I just hope we don't lose on Black Friday. I could see us going undefeated, only to lose to the Cows at Ray Jay. That would absolutely and totally suck, especially if they already had 1 L, but then got that tie-breaker over us -- like they came damn too close to doing last year (although 10 straight games + only 5 days since last, tends to cause that).

It would also, possibly mean no AAC for the G5 represent, if Houston had an L too, which would be par for the course -- every other year. I want an AAC major bowl victory 2 years in a row for once!

OOC is tougher for sure, not sure about conference schedule though. That might be easier since Memphis and USF will take steps back. No @Navy either

Yeah no way USF is a fraction of what it was. They lose Sanchez and Flowers who might’ve been the most impressive opponent we played all year.

Memphis lost its qb and best WR. Last year was their year, same as USF. We just happened to beat them ahead of schedule.

Yeah no way USF is a fraction of what it was. They lose Sanchez and Flowers who might’ve been the most impressive opponent we played all year.

Memphis lost its qb and best WR. Last year was their year, same as USF. We just happened to beat them ahead of schedule.
Those last two sentences bring me so much joy :)

Reactions: Mikesi

There are good QBs every year. We don’t know what to expect. I think we are better now but no reason to think they only lose 3 games next year.

USF will continue to be USF. Memphis we need to worry about. Did pretty good during NSD and have a good base before that. Good young coach that’s driven to win. They will put up some points again this year. First 3-4 games, especially against any true competition, should give us a good idea of where they’re at. Same goes for us... also, why’s everyone ignoring Houston?

I don’t trust their defense. I do think UH has a decent one though.
USF will continue to be USF. Memphis we need to worry about. Did pretty good during NSD and have a good base before that. Good young coach that’s driven to win. They will put up some points again this year. First 3-4 games, especially against any true competition, should give us a good idea of where they’re at. Same goes for us... also, why’s everyone ignoring Houston?
Everyone?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT