ADVERTISEMENT

Way-Too-Early Pre-Spring Big 12 Order of Finish

It would be a bit of a letdown to not hit 8-4 with this schedule. There would be another couple head scratchers if we lose 5.

It would be a bit of a letdown to not hit 8-4 with this schedule. There would be another couple head scratchers if we lose 5.
I have to agree that 8-4 should be the standard next year. Hope it’s better though!!

6-6 will be the standard now that temple and a historically bad usf rolled off the schedule.

6-6 will be the standard now that temple and a historically bad usf rolled off the schedule.
We had several teams that were always a guaranteed "W" on our schedule in the American. The last several years in the American it came down to Cinci and UCF. Whomever beat the other out would take the conference. Some of those teams have moved up too (ie SMU). Its funny to see how things have changed when Southern Miss and ECU were our toughest games in CUSA every year and usually decided who would win the conference.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
We had several teams that were always a guaranteed "W" on our schedule in the American. The last several years in the American it came down to Cinci and UCF. Whomever beat the other out would take the conference. Some of those teams have moved up too (ie SMU). Its funny to see how things have changed when Southern Miss and ECU were our toughest games in CUSA every year and usually decided who would win the conference.
Excellent point!

UCF fans brought over their Conference USA and American Athletic conference expectations to the Big 12 and that's a good and a bad thing.

It's good in that UCF fans expect to win (and should). It is bad because they have unreal expectations for playing in a real football conference where one league title every five years is a blessing. (Or in Miami's case, none in 20).

Excellent point!

UCF fans brought over their Conference USA and American Athletic conference expectations to the Big 12 and that's a good and a bad thing.

It's good in that UCF fans expect to win (and should). It is bad because they have unreal expectations for playing in a real football conference where one league title every five years is a blessing. (Or in Miami's case, none in 20).
I don’t have unreal expectations. I expect 5-8 wins a year. Doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT