ADVERTISEMENT

We have some NFL size Offensive Lineman...hopefully Coach can

No offense to Holman, but that injury to me really looked like a "im tired of getting destroyed, let me hobble off" injury. I've seen many times, its called hurt pride. When players know they are getting crushed, no chance of winning, they pull up with hurt ankles or pulled hamstrings etc, seen it first hand. Then it just so happened he wasnt hurt the whole rest of the season and no more bad hammy.
Really dude?? I'm not a Holman fan at all, but STFU with that BS

Really dude?? I'm not a Holman fan at all, but STFU with that BS
Either your blind or just havent played before. PLayers do it all the time, its called hurt pride. Im I saying he did it 100%? NO, but to me it looked like what alot of players do when they are down and out.
Unless you were born yesterday, its nothing new that players will fake injury etc to get pulled from a game because they are getting crushed...especially at QB. Jim Kelly, Koy Detmer, Ryan Leaf, Mark Sanchez all have admitted to faking injury or overplaying a knock because they were tired of getting destroyed or just losing so badly.

Mikesi i know youre probably a newer sports fan but cmon man, i thought u were a little smarter than to act like players dont fake injury

Either your blind or just havent played before. PLayers do it all the time, its called hurt pride. Im I saying he did it 100%? NO, but to me it looked like what alot of players do when they are down and out.
Unless you were born yesterday, its nothing new that players will fake injury etc to get pulled from a game because they are getting crushed...especially at QB. Jim Kelly, Koy Detmer, Ryan Leaf, Mark Sanchez all have admitted to faking injury or overplaying a knock because they were tired of getting destroyed or just losing so badly.

Mikesi i know youre probably a newer sports fan but cmon man, i thought u were a little smarter than to act like players dont fake injury
"No offense to Holman?" Could you have been more offensive?

That has to be a top 5 major fail post of the year. You must be the real Milton with that rant about Holman who I'm personally no fan of as a player, but am as a person. You try to come across as being this know it all ex-college football player and come up with that BS.

So..., here's the scenario:

Holman who has been through hell and back 3 times over during his career at UCF and is "amped up on 10 Red Bull's" to finally play in front of 100,000 fans at the big house. As the starting QB in his final season. First under Frost who he's trying to impress. We are 1-0:

He's running down the field untouched and driving towards a scoring drive and after 30 or 40 yards, he pulls up injured. Again, not a 0-2 yard gain, but like 30-40. Glad he didn't pull up running for a score. Then your comment would really be hilarious.

I can see maybe, just maybe if it was a different scenario or player. A quitter. A play that he was running towards the sideline or for a loss? Maybe a last game in a crappy season? But the second game?? Come on

"Just like people who have never played football should only tread so far into speaking football"

FIFU

Just like young ex-football players who have barely played "life" should only tread so far into speaking about "life."

Glad you can read Holman's mind dude. Now you can tell us all (or me) how you were just kidding or I'm so serious in taking you so literally.

Go back, swallow your pride and hit that delete button so that you can regain some of your credibility. Again, not afraid to call you out.

Reactions: UCFProf

Oh by the way, this blind fan who probably has never played football and isn't very smart was actually right there in person. I'm in medical, so I can tell afterwards when a guy is faking an injury. I dealt with worker's compensation cases for 5 years.

Oh than
"No offense to Holman?" Could you have been more offensive?

That has to be a top 5 major fail post of the year. You must be the real Milton with that rant about Holman who I'm personally no fan of as a player, but am as a person. You try to come across as being this know it all ex-college football player and come up with that BS.

So..., here's the scenario:

Holman who has been through hell and back 3 times over during his career at UCF and is "amped up on 10 Red Bull's" to finally play in front of 100,000 fans at the big house. As the starting QB in his final season. First under Frost who he's trying to impress. We are 1-0:

He's running down the field untouched and driving towards a scoring drive and after 30 or 40 yards, he pulls up injured. Again, not a 0-2 yard gain, but like 30-40. Glad he didn't pull up running for a score. Then your comment would really be hilarious.

I can see maybe, just maybe if it was a different scenario or player. A quitter. A play that he was running towards the sideline or for a loss? Maybe a last game in a crappy season? But the second game?? Come on

"Just like people who have never played football should only tread so far into speaking football"

FIFU

Just like young ex-football players who have barely played "life" should only tread so far into speaking about "life."

Glad you can read Holman's mind dude. Now you can tell us all (or me) how you were just kidding or I'm so serious in taking you so literally.

Go back, swallow your pride and hit that delete button so that you can regain some of your credibility. Again, not afraid to call you out.

So glad you can "call me out". Thanks medical professional. Once again youre making just as blind of assumptions as me. We were down 31 points, holman goes down on the last drive before half. When you look at the scenario, hed been getting destroyed all game and completed 2 total passes...and even if it was just a pulled hammy, most players can play through that after a bit of stretching and some heat at half time especially.

Im glad you can so accurately delve into the mind of holman and tell me hes a total "winner" despite knowing nothing about him.

By no means am i saying what you assume, im not saying hes a winner or quitter, but since you like to assume and put words in my mouth, fine, assume that. Im saying its not unheard of to fake an injury when youre getting destroyed. NFL qbs do it, college qbs do it. It happens, sometimes your tank runs empty.

Now please for the love of god, please take your ignorant posts elsewhere. I know you get triggered when someone else brings up valid possibilities ro viewpoints that differ at all from your obviously set in stone beliefs, but go on facebook with that crap or something.

Oh than

So glad you can "call me out". Thanks medical professional. Once again youre making just as blind of assumptions as me. We were down 31 points, holman goes down on the last drive before half. When you look at the scenario, hed been getting destroyed all game and completed 2 total passes...and even if it was just a pulled hammy, most players can play through that after a bit of stretching and some heat at half time especially.

Im glad you can so accurately delve into the mind of holman and tell me hes a total "winner" despite knowing nothing about him.

By no means am i saying what you assume, im not saying hes a winner or quitter, but since you like to assume and put words in my mouth, fine, assume that. Im saying its not unheard of to fake an injury when youre getting destroyed. NFL qbs do it, college qbs do it. It happens, sometimes your tank runs empty.

Now please for the love of god, please take your ignorant posts elsewhere. I know you get triggered when someone else brings up valid possibilities ro viewpoints that differ at all from your obviously set in stone beliefs, but go on facebook with that crap or something.
Your point has absolutely no validity. It's complete 100% BS and isn't even worth discussing anymore. It's idiotic
Sorry, but I'm not going anywhere. Couldn't keep me on ignore could you? [roll]

Your point has absolutely no validity. It's complete 100% BS and isn't even worth discussing anymore. It's idiotic
Sorry, but I'm not going anywhere. Couldn't keep me on ignore could you? [roll]
Nope, still ignored but notifications still pop up for trolls apparently.

What? He was playing Michigan with 100+K cheering. He did pull something and was a game time decision the next game until nearly kickoff. That was a great run, one of the longest of his career. Michigan couch was fit to be tied about all the run yardage we got against them, despite the score. One of our best ground games of the season, and really made their blitzer pay. If it weren't for their untested QB in the zone passing day, we could have made it closer.
Yeah he pulled a hammy alright. Good kid Holman.

Dude, Holman just finished an awesome run!! There's no way he faked it. And, have you coached at this level of College?

Reactions: Mikesi
From what I have seen so far I think the OL could be one of if not the most improved position group on this team from a year ago. As an old OL coach and as a new UCF fan, I am excited about this OL's potential and can't wait to see how this group does this Fall, but I like what I have seen so far. Can't afford many injuries though.
I have absolutely no doubt the O-line will be improved this year, from last. I just do not think it will have improved enough, at least not in the first half of the year. We'll know more about what 2018 will look like by the end of 2017.

I'm hopeful I'm wrong. But I've often been right, or at least close.

Reactions: NUfanNOmaterwhat
I have absolutely no doubt the O-line will be improved this year, from last. I just do not think it will have improved enough, at least not in the first half of the year. We'll know more about what 2018 will look like by the end of 2017.

Enough for the likes of most AAC opposition, Maine, and FIU.

When coach Frost took over, one of if not the most important thing for him was to improve talant, depth, and the toughness of the OL. Last year he took a small step with what he had and the next brick in rebuilding and establishing a more physical and dominant OL was put in this off season. I have been fortunate to watch this rebuild process from the day he took over and I am pleased by what I have seen so far, but this is just a beginning.

By no means, I am suggesting we will see a 1995 Husker like OL here nor I am suggesting this OL is going to be an elite OL, but when you look at all the position groups from last Spring to this Fall and where they were then and where they are now, I have no doubt this is the most improved unit on the team. Players have done an outstanding job in S&C this off season which made them bigger, stronger without losing flexibility and quickness, the S&C staff have done a great job in devising individualized plan for players, and the coaching staff have done a good job in improving technique and fundamentals. That is a great start but only a start and we must continue to recruit more talented OLs and develop them better once they get here.

I believe we are off to a good start and this OL will continue to get better with each practice, each game and each passing season. They might not dominate some of the better defensive front 7 they face now, but they won't look as poor as they did last year either. That's all we can ask for entering just the second season.

Bright days are ahead of this OL, but patience is required.

Go Knights.

... That's all we can ask for entering just the second season.
Bright days are ahead of this OL, but patience is required.
Yep, this is what I said at the end of 2015, after he was hired, even into 2016, after National Signing Day. I give him 4 years, with lots of expectations in year 3.

I think it's unrealistic to expect a lot in year 1 and even 2.

Dude, Holman just finished an awesome run!! There's no way he faked it. And, have you coached at this level of College?
No but i know what hurt pride looks like and what "ive had enough" looks like. The whole next week from Tuesday on, he was full speed in practice and looked fine according to coaches. Go back and look at the posts and dungeon articles if you want. A pulled hammy is nothing for a qb, especially with the timing of it. Against ECU he had 0 discernible injury.
If you ask me, he said "im tired of this, its almost half time, let me go down and i guarantee my day will be over" and he went off and let patti get smacked around for a whole half.

No but i know what hurt pride looks like and what "ive had enough" looks like.
So ... does this make you as qualified as an armchair quarterback too?

Seriously ... I don't think you realize how insulting this is to our student-athletes.

Every time I hear this crap, I am so reminded of Airplane ...

Reactions: Mikesi
So ... does this make you as qualified as an armchair quarterback too?

Seriously ... I don't think you realize how insulting this is to our student-athletes.

Every time I hear this crap, I am so reminded of Airplane ...
Don't even waste your time. Nobody else of any importance is saying this. He's never wrong. Knows everything just because he's played a little college football as a QB. I'll just ask Frost at fan fest. I'll make sure that I have an ice pack handy.

Freaking ridiculous. Why wouldn't he fake an injury on a shorter run instead of the longest of his career and still going for more yards or a TD? What did he have to lose? He faked an injury to give his job to a true freshman, pack in his whole senior season, end his career early and throwing away any slim hopes of getting drafted or having an NFL career just because he didn't feel like finishing the game on one of the biggest stages in UCF history. At Michigan, in front of 109,000 fans on national TV

Last edited:
Reactions: Stetson_1883
Just read the posting above attacking, not the play, but the character of Holman. In a word, I have to say the criticism is "hurtful". Just to read it took the air out of me, just made me gasp.

Just like many, I will be quick to admit that Holman's play has seen some good days and some not so good days. There were some good plays and some that we all wish didn't happen. I won't digress here to debate to what extent his limitations on the field were due to protection issues.

But in terms of character, terms that I associate with Holman"s name certainly include integrity, team player, respect for the game and 100% effort.

So after reading a post questioning his character and effort, I felt compelled to say that I respectfully disagree.

Reactions: Mikesi and GILL T
Just read the posting above attacking, not the play, but the character of Holman. In a word, I have to say the criticism is "hurtful". Just to read it took the air out of me, just made me gasp.

Just like many, I will be quick to admit that Holman's play has seen some good days and some not so good days. There were some good plays and some that we all wish didn't happen. I won't digress here to debate to what extent his limitations on the field were due to protection issues.

But in terms of character, terms that I associate with Holman"s name certainly include integrity, team player, respect for the game and 100% effort.

So after reading a post questioning his character and effort, I felt compelled to say that I respectfully disagree.
I totally agree with the character issue associated with the statement which is actually a pretty serious allegation.
However, in addition, I'm questioning the practicality and logic behind it. It just makes no sense to fake an injury and effectively destroy his senior season. He was back in 3 weeks at ECU which is a reasonable amount of time to heal depending on the severity of the injury.

Plus a pulled hamstring is nothing to sneeze at. To suggest it's no big deal for a qb that can run makes no sense. I'm sure players have faked injuries before, but it isn't rampant and I doubt anyone that is confident would do so.

I'm sure the experience and recognition with the pros will help his chances. Perhaps he can get picked up on a taxi squad. He's always had one of the best arms around and a pro body, stronger than most in the NFL. Maybe there's a QB coach who could turn the light on for him.

I'm sure the experience and recognition with the pros will help his chances. Perhaps he can get picked up on a taxi squad. He's always had one of the best arms around and a pro body, stronger than most in the NFL. Maybe there's a QB coach who could turn the light on for him.
This year there aren't incremental cut days. You don't have to cut till after final preseason game. If they cut you before first game you have no chance.

This year there aren't incremental cut days. You don't have to cut till after final preseason game. If they cut you before first game you have no chance.
Probably right. But gives a desperate team the full pre-season to take a look at him with zero risk, ideally with a team with veteran starters and backups who don't need August playing time.

Probably right. But gives a desperate team the full pre-season to take a look at him with zero risk, ideally with a team with veteran starters and backups who don't need August playing time.
I don't think the Browns are even that desperate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT