ADVERTISEMENT

We Need An AD Excellence Fund

And if DW leaves despite raising millions what will that tell boosters. I'm sure some are disappointed in what happened last time especially if any one was put under the impression that it meant Frost was staying if they met the goal.

Reactions: Mikesi
And if DW leaves despite raising millions what will that tell boosters. I'm sure some are disappointed in what happened last time especially if any one was put under the impression that it meant Frost was staying if they met the goal.
That was the main thought.

We wouldn’t need millions. He only makes $650,000. So a $250,000 bump would not be anywhere close to the amount of pledges they’re asking for, on a yearly basis, in the FEF.

I wish I knew what Danny White’s long term plans are and his ultimate goal. Not sure if it includes UCF, however we should take advantage of the relatively low salary by JH, Shannon’s salary being supplemented by UF and the Football Excellence Fund for now new assistants and leave some extra to keep DW around

It was his idea anyway and the much more expensive Frost plan didn’t work out

Problem is, he’s probably mostly in charge of the FEF, so he can’t realy receive a raise from that

I doubt if there will be a new fund to get him another raise, however I wouldn’t be opposed to a clever idea that most donors agree upon to draw from the FEF fund and give some to him.

Yes, there were definitely at least some high level donors that feel a little misled with Frost and his assistants leaving. I don’t know how that affected what was already in the fund and future pledges over the 5 years.

Is the general concensus that people are still sold on Dawkins? If his team doesn't improve next year and Heupel doesn't meet high expectations the next few years does DW still get high praise?

FB throwing money at DW.

tenor.gif

Is the general concensus that people are still sold on Dawkins? If his team doesn't improve next year and Heupel doesn't meet high expectations the next few years does DW still get high praise?
Dawkins was still an upgrade over Jones. So at the very least it was a step up. I don’t really like how secretive this basketball staff is. We find out way too late when players are hurt and or out for year. A little more transparency would be nice.

I was implying that he was more concerned with using the funds to up the pay of his assistants since money was supposedly of such little importance to him. We all know now, that wasn't the case.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.

I have 30 million reasons how he came to that conclusion.

If he had gone to any other school, I would agree. But he went back to Nebraska. Look...I lived in Omaha for a little over three years. I know what Nebraska fans and alumni are like. As soon as there was serious talk about their previous coach being fired, I knew Frost was going there (if Nebraska was actually interested in him).

If he had gone to any other school, I would agree. But he went back to Nebraska. Look...I lived in Omaha for a little over three years. I know what Nebraska fans and alumni are like. As soon as there was serious talk about their previous coach being fired, I knew Frost was going there (if Nebraska was actually interested in him).
So you’re saying if UCF had the money to offer him, let’s say $5-$10 million more than Nebraska did, he still goes to Nebraska? Gimme a break. If so, I have a bridge I’d love to sell you.

So you’re saying if UCF had the money to offer him, let’s say $5-$10 million more than Nebraska did, he still goes to Nebraska? Gimme a break. If so, I have a bridge I’d love to sell you.
Kind of an irrelevant thought since anything UCF offered, Nebraska could beat handily. The real argument is, if both parties offered the same amount - would Frost have left? The answer is a clear yes.

You can never take money out of an issue entirely. But I said what I said because I think that if Florida, Florida State, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc (all schools who hired new head coaches) had offered Frost the same money as Nebraska did, he likely would have stayed at UCF for at least a year or two longer before moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT