ADVERTISEMENT

weak on field charge

Agreed. Storming the field is supposed to be fairly spontaneous. Lining up like children was pretty lame.

It's like an 8 foot drop from the stands. This was a great morale boost for the team to have fans with them. Our players looked truly happy out there with the fans.

This is a turning point for this team that has been through it all.

Classic Penny Pincher Terry to avoid the fine by waiting

The best field rushes are spontaneous without control , it was better off not doing it if you are going to do it that way and espn agreed bc they didn’t even show it

Unfortunately our stadium design is not made for rushing the field . I don’t know if it is even possible in a renovation but it is so cool to see Games at Georgia for example where fans are literally at field level with no drop off

Why are some people here so freaking negative? Why are they even calling that a field rush? It wasn't a field rush. It was simply an invitation for fans to come onto the field after the game. The same offer was extended to our fans near the end of the game when we lost to West Virginia.
It‘s actually a nice idea for our fans and those who participated loved it last night. You could tell the players loved it too. In fact, the PA guy had to eventually make an announcement for players to come to the locker room because some were hanging out with fans for so long!
My wife and I took several pictures with players and I shook CGM’s hand and told him he did a good job. He said “thank you”. JRP said the same thing. My brother enjoyed taking pictures and my old college buddy actually walked right into the locker room and has video of Gus being hoisted onto players shoulders. It was a lot of fun.
Some of you people really need to stop eating so much shit with your Wheaties!

The best field rushes are spontaneous without control , it was better off not doing it if you are going to do it that way and espn agreed bc they didn’t even show it

Unfortunately our stadium design is not made for rushing the field . I don’t know if it is even possible in a renovation but it is so cool to see Games at Georgia for example where fans are literally at field level with no drop off
ESPN didn't show it because the stadium is so small and so many fans had left by halftime that you couldn't tell the field was being rushed.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
So much better for fans to file out like we played Temple. Sorry no one here can feel the joy of finally looking like we belong here and not in the AAC which was last week's win. Something's wrong with you if you can't enjoy the first win over a Big XII team, a real one, even if it's 'planned'. I'm sure everyone storming the field were paid actors too. That's pathetic.

Reactions: Retnuhrace
ESPN didn't show it because the stadium is so small and so many fans had left by halftime that you couldn't tell the field was being rushed.
They didn't show it because we do this several times a year way after the game ends. We did not rush the field, we let our fans on the field. We've done it after losses, too. The problem is several in the media are unaware of this and called it storming.

Reactions: OtterKnight

Is there a fine in the big 12? Seems like they do it all the time.

It's this, and it's intentional. They designed the stadium to keep people off the field. Maybe in direct response to the Marshall game? Who knows, but it's definitely by design.

Why are some people here so freaking negative? Why are they even calling that a field rush? It wasn't a field rush. It was simply an invitation for fans to come onto the field after the game. The same offer was extended to our fans near the end of the game when we lost to West Virginia.
It‘s actually a nice idea for our fans and those who participated loved it last night. You could tell the players loved it too. In fact, the PA guy had to eventually make an announcement for players to come to the locker room because some were hanging out with fans for so long!
My wife and I took several pictures with players and I shook CGM’s hand and told him he did a good job. He said “thank you”. JRP said the same thing. My brother enjoyed taking pictures and my old college buddy actually walked right into the locker room and has video of Gus being hoisted onto players shoulders. It was a lot of fun.
Some of you people really need to stop eating so much shit with your Wheaties!
It’s why I don’t participate as much on this forum anymore. Too many toxic negative people.

some of you are too sensitive about comments on an athletics message board . Go look up the videos of the field rush ..it didn’t look like others that have happened in college football. It isn’t a big deal and not that serious

Dude, I was joking. I was playing off earlier threads about small stadiums and fans leaving at halftime. Aside from Gus, himself, nobody is more thrilled to see UCF dominate an opponent than me.

GKSO (storm on)

Other than when we broke our 17 game losing streak versus Marshall or when we made the big dance NCAA tournament the first time, I’m not a big fan of rushing the field or court. This Oklahoma State team wasn’t undefeated or ranked in the top two or three …. act like you’ve been there before.

I was there on the field with my kids and kid’s friends. All middle school age and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Got to meet and take pics with a bunch of players. It was a great time and really added to the game day experience.

UCF handled it perfectly and I’m glad they gave us the opportunity to be on the field.

As someone who has proof they were the first person to jump the fence against Marshall, this did have a different feel to it but it was great nonetheless.

For those of you with the negative comments, I feel sad for you. If you can’t find joy in things like this, then you need to reconsider a lot of things…

Last edited:
There are people on here that just want to criticize others and administration rather than come up with solutions for what they are critiquing. The administration and football team are definitely on course to go where they need to. If not for the Baylor game, they would be bowling at this time, and looking at a possible nine win season. Under the circumstances of going into a new conference, and having to adjust to more things than anyone can imagine, there is no doubt that they are taking the proper direction in everything. I am somewhat amazed on how much has been done in the last few years to make this a big time program

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT