ADVERTISEMENT

Wed Preview: Cincy article includes UCF match-up, a path to victory?

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...uc-5-takeaways-82-68-win-over-uconn/97518318/
Challenging path to victory Wednesday:
1. Cincy lives off its smothering defense and deflections, so UCF must hold its turnovers to 16.
2. Cincy relies on 3-pt shooting, so UCF's tight defense around the arc can frustrate them.
3. Cincy uses its depth to wear down opponents, so UCF needs strong minutes from Nick and Chad.
4. Cincy depends on Washington's inside game; if Tacko takes that away, their offense may sputter.
5. Cincy wins with defense; if BJ distributes ball like vs. Houston and Memphis, offense hard to stop.
6. Cincy is confident/arrogant; UCF's calm workmanlike game can deflate their swagger, create doubt.

Reactions: UCFhonors
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...uc-5-takeaways-82-68-win-over-uconn/97518318/
Challenging path to victory Wednesday:
1. Cincy lives off its smothering defense and deflections, so UCF must hold its turnovers to 16.
2. Cincy relies on 3-pt shooting, so UCF's tight defense around the arc can frustrate them.
3. Cincy uses its depth to wear down opponents, so UCF needs strong minutes from Nick and Chad.
4. Cincy depends on Washington's inside game; if Tacko takes that away, their offense may sputter.
5. Cincy wins with defense; if BJ distributes ball like vs. Houston and Memphis, offense hard to stop.
6. Cincy is confident/arrogant; UCF's calm workmanlike game can deflate their swagger, create doubt.

Great Preview. Cincy defense concerns me. It is always very aggressive - borderline fouling every play. They force tons of turnovers - a big weakness of ours, and they get fast break points So, I would add

7. Score points to slow down their press defense
8. Draw fouls to counter their aggressive defense

I really hope we continue to get better at spreading the ball around. We look very good when we are passing the ball around.

Reactions: UCFProf
Great Preview. Cincy defense concerns me. It is always very aggressive - borderline fouling every play. They force tons of turnovers - a big weakness of ours, and they get fast break points So, I would add

7. Score points to slow down their press defense
8. Draw fouls to counter their aggressive defense

I really hope we continue to get better at spreading the ball around. We look very good when we are passing the ball around.
We need to keep them from scoring to keep them out of their press. Teams press on their made baskets.

We need to keep them from scoring to keep them out of their press. Teams press on their made baskets.
Absolutely. But they are even better in their half-court defense, almost as good as SMU's but also with an excellent offense. The potentially fun part is if they get spooked by our defense, especially if they go 4 trips in a row without scoring. That's an opportunity to take the home crowd out of the game or their leading scorers trying to do too much.

That's what the rest of the nation says. Big whoop! They're projected to be a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament and probably get upset again by a 12 seed. How long since they had Oscar Robertson?
how long since you've sniffed the tourney? decade plus?

6. Cincy is confident/arrogant.
lol proof of this?

Arrogant Cincy world-beaters fell apart to Tulsa.

Their coach is an a-hole perfectionist who is always riding his players for every error. His teams continually get eliminated early in the NCAA tournament, so he seems frustrated and obsessed about doing well in mid-March while dismissing his AAC opponents as minor league. That arrogant viewpoint has been adopted by Cincy players. So it would be so cool to be the ones in our conference to cut them down to size!
this part isn't even close to being true, and i guarantee you have no evidence of this. were you posting this bullshit under the assumption no one would call you out?
here's him dismissing the AAC opponents as minor league speaking positively about our recent AAC opponents:

boy oh boy, so much hate from one little man. don't worry, sweetheart. i'll be back occasionally to keep an eye on you. someone's gotta call you on your BS. :)

go cats

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT