ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 tracking former UCF players and coaches

Holy Cross is a good game to have him start. Get the nerves out and comfortable with teammates. Good luck.

Castallanos finishes with 17-23 204 yards 2 Tds, 69 yards rushing.

Castallanos finishes with 17-23 204 yards 2 Tds, 69 yards rushing.
No doubt he's the starter for the rest of the year, wouldn't have happened here, but to be on a team where the defense is beaten by a MAC and is nearly beaten by the mighty Holy Cross? WOW.

The other thread about Rutgers triggered this post: Charlie Dean's brother transferred from rutgers to ga tech this year. Charlie graduated from Harvard and transferred to WCU who is coached by Kerwin Bell who was a GA (i think) at UF when Charlies dad played there. Charlie isnt starting at WCU.
He was playing when I posted. Had a terrible game and was pulled though.

Reactions: UCF.Jeremy
1/3 of the season done

Keene - 1,205 yds, 67.5%, 12tds, 2 ints, -83 yds rushing, 0 Fumbles
Castellanos - 909 yds, 57.3%, 8tds, 2 ints, 280 yds rushing, 3tds, 1 Fumble, 0 Fumble Loss
Dillon - 1,227 yds, 78%, 12tds, 1 ints, 58 yds rushing, 2tds, 2 Fumbles, 1 Fumble Loss

Plumlee - 553 yds, 70.4%, 3tds, 4ints, 163 yds rushing, 1td, 1 Fumble, 1 Fumble loss
McClain - 638 yds, 64.9%, 5tds, 1ints, 80 yds rushing, 1 Fumble, 0 Fumble Loss

UCF Combined - 1,191 yds, 67.5%, 8tds, 5 ints, 243 yds rushing, 1td, 2 Fumbles, 1 Fumble Loss

Gabriel and Keene are tied for 5th in the country in passing TDs. And the guy in 3rd has played 5 games.

Not sure how many P5 program message boards are worried about past players.

NFL alums? sure

Lets move on.
I’m not “worried”, but I do find it interesting to see how our qb performance compares to other schools and how players do in different systems. .

Most shocking to me is Keene/Gabriel with similar passing stats.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Personally I just find it interesting that Keene and Castellanos, particularly Castellanos has very little turnovers for someone that runs a lot and is playing his first real season.

If both progress over the next couple years they will be all conference QBs if not get national honors.

Personally I just find it interesting that Keene and Castellanos, particularly Castellanos has very little turnovers for someone that runs a lot and is playing his first real season.

If both progress over the next couple years they will be all conference QBs if not get national honors.

"After Keene helped improved the Bulldogs’ record to 4-0 and his record as starting quarterback to 12-3 ...

(Keene's only losses were to a team that lost only to uat, thuga, and a Ohio State University over a three-year span and that played in the college football playoff; to a coach, who led a team to the national championship game; and his first start as a college quarterback in a conference game on the road.)

"He beat two Power 5 teams on the road in one season; the only Bulldog quarterbacks to do that were Paul Pinegar in 2004 (Washington, Kansas State), David Carr in 2001 (Wisconsin, Colorado), and Mark Barsotti in 1991 (Washington State, Oregon State)."

Last edited:

Keene has a 29-3 TD to INT ratio dating back to Temple 2021. It’s part of what makes him a good QB. He rarely throws a pick or forces anything.

Keene has a 29-3 TD to INT ratio dating back to Temple 2021. It’s part of what makes him a good QB. He rarely throws a pick or forces anything.
Mikey is in a perfect situation for himself at Fresno State. Tedford is a great assessor of QB talent, and development. He has a ton of coaching experience. He's the type of coach that takes talent and makes the offense around them, not keeps looking for "the guy" that perfectly fits what they imagine. Much like Taaffe when he was at UCF, he just seems to take whatever he has and makes it better. So far at Fresno State, they have played for the conference title in 3 out of 4 seasons (winning it twice...the other times they lost by 3 @Boise State).

Keene's overall stats are 35 TDs against 9 Ints. 66% completion percentage, -132 yards rushing (has finished with negative yards every season), but maybe most important is when he started games (I might be wrong on a game or two for this) the teams have gone 13-3. May not be a Lambo but probably in line with a Camaro, which is still a high performance vehicle.

Castellanos leads BC to their first ACC win, outscoring Virginia 20-3 in the 2nd half for a comeback win 27-24.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT