ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 CFP Ranking Predictions

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
I think UCF will get in the discussion for 4-6 this week, meaning they will be in the group of 6 after Bama, Clemson, and Notre Dame.

1. Bama (11-0)
2. Clemson (11-0)
3. Notre Dame (11-0)

next group of 6 for discussion: Michigan, Georgia, Washington St, Oklahoma, UCF, LSU

4. Michigan (10-1)
5. Georgia (10-1)
6. Oklahoma (10-1)

next group of 6 for discussion: Washington St, UCF, LSU, Ohio St, West Virginia, Texas

7. Washington St (10-1)
8. LSU (9-2)
9. UCF (10-0)

They had us at 11 before and West Virginia lost and Ohio St continues to look bad against mediocre competition. We should move up to 9 and if we take care of business Friday, things may open up for us to climb even higher.

LSU is an underdog @ Texas A&M
Oklahoma is only a 1.5 pt favorite @ West Virginia
Washington St. is only a 2.5 pt favorite to Washington
Michigan is only a 3.5 pt favorite @ Ohio St.
Notre Dame has to travel across country with all the pressure in the world on them to play @ USC

Not all those games will go our way, but I bet at least 3, maybe 4 do. If so, we could be looking at a #6 or even #5 ranking going into conference championship games.

Just stay focused and keep going 1-0 and everything else will take care of itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCF_99_Grad
Wow! The way you break this down, it makes me feel we have a real shot at sneaking in the 4th spot. I think TAMU and WVU winning is a very real/probable outcome. I can see Ohio State winning, but I don't know that helps us, as they would now have a win over a top 4 team, which means they'll most likely jump us. Notre Dame versus USC I think will go NDs way.

But overall, this can really be great for us!

Reactions: Stetson_1883
Marc Daniels just did a segment on UCF’s best potential path.
  1. 3 undefeated P5
  2. All other P5 with 2 losses
  3. UCF is #6 in rankings next week (within striking range)
This means, plus the other games, OSU must lose to Mich (plausible) and then Mich to NW in B10CCG (not likely).

I tend to agree.

My heart says committee continues with eye test over schedule, likes what they saw in UCF, likes settling things on the field, etc. and we are 8th. This sends a signal there is a small path.

My head says they have no hearts and we are 10th as they work to protect a path for OSU. This is a signal that they think of G5 as second/third class and don’t care what you look like (unless you have some magical resume in OoC....i.e. Pitt winning their side isn’t good enough and we would have to be their only loss...plus 2 more “quality” P5 wins)

Nice write up.

I hope we get in, but if we don't I hope Georgia beats Alabama in the SEC championship game (and Alabama beats Auburn). I think that guarantees 2 SEC teams in the playoffs and ND.

Then, there's only 1 spot for B12, P12, ACC, and B1G. If Clemson wins out, then Michigan gets left out (and they only lost to ND).

I think that would cause the greatest push to expand the playoffs.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I bet out of the 13 playoff committee members, at least 5 of them would fight HARD for a back-to-back undefeated UCF team to be in the final 4. All we can do is take care of our business and put the best argument possible for those 5 members to use to try convincing a couple others to get us in.

It would just take 7 out of 13 in our corner to get it done, right? Majority rules.

I think it's funny that they have created this lore that there is a procedure other than an ESPN exec handing them the list and then figuring out the talking points
Exactly. UCF has no chance at making the final four. Everything people have posted above could happen and they still wouldn’t put us in. Better to accept it now then be disappointed the next two weeks

Exactly. UCF has no chance at making the final four. Everything people have posted above could happen and they still wouldn’t put us in. Better to accept it now then be disappointed the next two weeks

Only way that changes is if they think that could make money off of UCF.

Unfortunately, these are similar to the ppl that let the Big East implode and think the B12 can’t add anyone to add value. Massive superiority complexes with no self awareness that they are the emperor with new clothes types running their ships aground naked. So they won’t think a G5 would ever be a money maker.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Marc Daniels just did a segment on UCF’s best potential path.
  1. 3 undefeated P5
  2. All other P5 with 2 losses
  3. UCF is #6 in rankings next week (within striking range)
This means, plus the other games, OSU must lose to Mich (plausible) and then Mich to NW in B10CCG (not likely).

I tend to agree.
Northwestern is better than you think, especially if we continue to play mistake free football. Earlier this year the Cats lost to Blue 20-17. The teams know each other. Don't count the Cats out in the B1G CCG.

.02 and, Go Cats !!

Oklahoma is @West virginia...they could lose. Really want this to happen because then I'm pretty sure they would both have to play again the next week, making a mockery of the Big 12.
Wash State is at home and they rolled last week. Doubt they lose. Doubt they lose to Utah after that.
Michigan plays at Ohio State and could lose but that doesn't help us in either case. If Ohio State wins they'll jump us. If Michigan loses they'll still keep them in front of us. Highly improbable Northwestern could beat either of them at a neutral site. They played Michigan close but it was at home.
Georgia is going to crush GaTech. This is the game with the biggest longshot but if total chaos ensues this loss could get us to #5.
LSU can certainly lose @Texas A&M.
Notre Dame could lose @USC. It will be USC's superbowl. This has to happen for us to have a chance and is a big longshot.
Utah State could lose @ Boise State. This is imperative to keep us in position for the NY6 bowl, even if we screw up. Honestly, other than our own game, this is the loss we really need to happen.

Man, a lot has to go wrong for us to maybe have a chance, and then we're still on the outside looking in because the AAC west sh_t-the-bed. Winning against Memphis or Houston isn't going to wow the committe.

In the end, I don't care what happens to everybody else. I just want us to win these next two games so we can put another piece of hardware in the trophy case.

Northwestern is better than you think, especially if we continue to play mistake free football. Earlier this year the Cats lost to Blue 20-17. The teams know each other. Don't count the Cats out in the B1G CCG.

.02 and, Go Cats !!
I thank you guys for beating NGEbraska. Honestly, your offense has struggled at times., especially with the running game, but I wouldn’t bet against you beating anyone in the Big 10 on a neutral field

I just want to see if we are ahead of Ohio State

I’m predicting that we will be. That will prove to me that they aren’t out to get us

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I thank you guys for beating NGEbraska. Honestly, your offense has struggled at times., especially with the running game, but I wouldn’t bet against you beating anyone in the Big 10 on a neutral field
Northwestern found its' running game in a true freshman over the last 4/5 games. Our starting back at the beginning of the season was forced to retire with spinal stenosis. This young kid is a load and sets up our passing game. Our defense against the run is solid. I'd prefer to play Michigan a second time in the B1G CCG. Michigan or tOSU, we have them where we want them, with us as "dogs."
.02 and, Go Cats !!

.02 and, Go Cats !!

Oh yeah. I think they can win the B10.

I just want to see if we are ahead of Ohio State

I’m predicting that we will be. That will prove to me that they aren’t out to get us

Thoughts?
Would have been great if Maryland had taken care of business.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT