ADVERTISEMENT

What else on the ballot is important to you?

UCFKnightfan08

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
May 31, 2008
Orlando
I voted today after work. I didn't vote for quite a few things because I had no idea who the people running were. Voted on most of the amendments though.

What do you care most about besides the main event?

I'm interested in how the No Fat Chicks ammendment to the Georgia Constitution plays out.

Voting for the Libertarian senate candidate. Yea for pot. No for the anti solar crap. Usually Google the judges for anyone w UCF ties if not they all get a "no for me dawg"

Obviously Making America Great Again.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Local elections are usually some of the most important ones...as they can contribute or hurt the value of your homes based on some of their good or idiotic decisions.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I'd like to vote to get rid of these goddamn ballot amendments. There are way too many and they've just become instruments of these special interest groups.

We have elected representatives for a reason. If people want something changed then vote that way in the legislature.

Agree, 85 I usually vote no on all of them. With the belief someone is just pushing their own special interest.

what's really amazing is all the legalize weed initiatives got trounced last go round or was no go. As the saying goes, follow the money. This time around the weed industry learned how to play the political game better, raising millions with their PACs. The legal weed initiative in CA is a lock, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the other states follow too (MA, AZ, NV)

When I was in Colorado last week, some areas of the state had recreational 1/8th ounces for $20, and recreational ounces for $99. Compare that to illegal weed still going for around $300 ounce or more in the Northeast.

Why no on 1?
1) Funded by for profit utility companies who want to limit customer owned solar.
2) Paves the way for barriers to customer-financed solar.
3)Misleads voters promising rights and protections that FL citizens ALREADY have but by adding language that limit subsidies.

Can get more info at VoteNoOn1.org

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
1) Funded by for profit utility companies who want to limit customer owned solar.
2) Paves the way for barriers to customer-financed solar.
3)Misleads voters promising rights and protections that FL citizens ALREADY have but by adding language that limit subsidies.

Can get more info at VoteNoOn1.org
Or just look at the ballotpedia page for it. https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Solar_Energy_Subsidies_and_Personal_Solar_Use,_Amendment_1_(2016)

If you look who supports it (pretty much only power companies), vs. who opposes it (Dems, Republicans, Greenpeace, Sierra Club, the Solar Industry, Al Gore, etc. on a list 10x longer than the list of supporters) you can draw your own conclusions.

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT