ADVERTISEMENT

What has to happen to secure CCG at home before Black Friday?

KnightsofGroveland

Five-Star Recruit
Jan 30, 2015
It would be nice to have more than 1 week to sell tickets. I’m thinking if Houston loses 1 more, then we’d know after Cincinnati (assuming we beat Navy and Cincinnati), right? Even if we lost to USF we’d still only have 1 loss so would host?

Reactions: Mikesi
USF beats Cinci. We beat Cinci. Houston loses one more. If that happens we host the CCG even with one conference loss.

Reactions: Mikesi
USF beats Cinci. We beat Cinci. Houston loses one more. If that happens we host the CCG even with one conference loss.
If we beat Cincy USF doesn’t have to. They’d have 2 losses. Even if they had 1 we’d have the head to head tiebreaker.

If we beat Cincy USF doesn’t have to. They’d have 2 losses. Even if they had 1 we’d have the head to head tiebreaker.
If USF beats Cincy UCF would be in even with 1 loss. Houston already has a loss and it was in their division. I believe it would come down to CFP ranking for home field. Since UCF would have 1 loss and Houston would have 2 I would assume UCF would be ranked higher and get the home game. Either way we won’t know until at least after the Cincy game.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
If USF beats Cincy UCF would be in even with 1 loss. Houston already has a loss and it was in their division. I believe it would come down to CFP ranking for home field. Since UCF would have 1 loss and Houston would have 2 I would assume UCF would be ranked higher and get the home game. Either way we won’t know until at least after the Cincy game.

I know I am going to catch some heat for this but I have to be honest so here goes: I think we lose in Tampa. I think we are going into a major hornets nest for that one. And I want the division wrapped up b/c the last thing I want to see happen is for USF to beat us and win the east.

We beat Navy and Cincinnati and the game against USF has no bearing on us hosting the CCG (assuming Houston also loses one more conference game).

I do NOT want that to happen.

Hope I'm wrong but I have a wicked bad feeling about playing in RJS on Black Friday.

I know I am going to catch some heat for this but I have to be honest so here goes: I think we lose in Tampa. I think we are going into a major hornets nest for that one. And I want the division wrapped up b/c the last thing I want to see happen is for USF to beat us and win the east.

We beat Navy and Cincinnati and the game against USF has no bearing on us hosting the CCG (assuming Houston also loses one more conference game). If we lose to USF I think Houston has the tiebreaker over us since they beat USF and USF beats us.

Hope I'm wrong but I have a wicked bad feeling about playing in RJS on Black Friday.
We will be favored by 17.

But since Houston beat USF and IF USF beats us would Houston have the tiebreaker over us on that alone ?

I don’t see how that would make sense. UCf beat SMU who beat Houston. I don’t think it works that way.

Here is from the conference website. And my head hurts after reading the list of tiebreakers although it might be the lack of sleep:

CHAMPIONSHIP HOST DETERMINATION:
A. The Championship Game shall be played at the home venue of the Division Champion with highest winning percentage in Conference games only
B.
The following tiebreaker procedure is used to determine the host location for the American Athletic Conference Football Championship game;

1. CHAMPIONSHIP HOST TIEBREAKER

a. Head to head result between tied teams;

b. If still tied, if one team was ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings and wins in the final weekend of the Conference regular season, they will be declared the host. If in that same scenario, the team that was the highest ranked team in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings loses in the final weekend of the Conference regular season, a composite average of selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe) will be used to determine the host;

c.If both teams ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings, the highest ranked team that wins in the final weekend of the Conference regular season will be declared the host;

d. If none of the ranked teams win in the final weekend of the Conference regular season, a composite average of selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe) after all games conclude the final weekend of the Conference regular season will be used to determine the host;

e. If no teams are ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings going into the final weekend of the Conference regular season, a composite average of selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe) after all games conclude the final weekend of the Conference regular season will be used to determine the host;

f. If still tied, Record against common Conference opponents;

g. If still tied, the team with the highest overall (Conference and non-conference winning percentage [excluding exempt games] shall be the host;

h. If still tied, coin toss will be conducted by the Commissioner.

We beat Navy and Cincinnati and the game against USF has no bearing on us hosting the CCG (assuming Houston also loses one more conference game).

Mods please ban.

Reactions: ucfmba2k2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT