ADVERTISEMENT

What if

SPTKnight

Four-Star Recruit
Sep 30, 2010
Niceville, FL
What if 2020 football season gets cancelled (DEAR LORD I HOPE NOT)?

When football would return we would have the "new normal" KZ (at least physically. Mentally is a completely different ball game). If anything, this would give him more time to be able to see the field for meaningful play.

Sorry about the continued QB controversy threads, but I needed a sports fix that I actually cared about. I have trouble rewatching games that I know the outcome (one of the reasons I love sports, is that you never know the outcome of the game, or even of the next second).

When football would return we would have the "new normal" KZ (at least physically. Mentally is a completely different ball game). If anything, this would give him more time to be able to see the field for meaningful play.

Sorry about the continued QB controversy threads, but I needed a sports fix that I actually cared about. I have trouble rewatching games that I know the outcome (one of the reasons I love sports, is that you never know the outcome of the game, or even of the next second).
China has already began to cap this virus while having over 1.4 billion people. If this isn't over before football season then something is fundamentally wrong with how things are done in this country.

I saw the big 12 commish talked about playing without spectators.

The quarantine in China was so brutal it resulted in people dying. People were prevented from traveling even for medical emergencies. I read a disabled boy died when he was left alone for days while his dad and brother were forced into quarantine away from home. The Chinese govt. doesn't give a f***. I don't think it would fly in the U.S.

Late April people will be moving around again. Even if the virus came back in November like the normal flu people would have to be vigilant about washing their hands in the stadium

This would be a very interesting scenario. Just ripple effect after ripple effect. I think with another year at the helm DG will be a lot better. If that year never happens, though, and 2021 is the next season (which means the NCAA would just blanket let everyone have another year), then KZ might be alright by then....might. We all know his mental game is GOAT-level. It would just come down to how his body is acting.

On a greater scope, that would mean Sunshine (Trevor Lawrence) and many others have seen their last game because they would go directly pro after the defaulted 2020 season (the NCAA would not hold kids to having to stay another year before going pro). This would be a very tricky draft for NFL teams. The projection of boom or bust with players would be exacerbated because of lack of playing time. Not to mention the number of players that would be Seniors this season and graduate. Some might stay and do post-graduate work to play another year but some of them would simply move on in life, graduate, and leave. That would mean Seniors like Anderson, "All Day" McCrae, Tre Nixon, Beaudreaux, Hescock, Marlon Williams, Eric Mitchell and the entire starting secondary could disappear from the roster by 2021.

Then you've got to look at kids who would be Juniors in 2020 and then could go pro early. Bentavious is the only kid I could see that happening with but it would mean the NFL is evaluating kids that haven't played a snap in 16 months, and trying to figure out how they might project as pros. It would be a real cunundrum for both the kids and the NFL. I mean, I wouldn't recommend any kid that is a sophomore going pro in the 2021 draft but there is nothing to stop it from happening.

Teams would be massively different if that happened, and not a single pundit out there will really be able to tell you who is good, and who is not, until they line up and play a few games.

I was thinking about this :-(

What makes you say that? I've been thinking longer since NY isn't expected to hit their peak for 40 days and they're on the early end of it.
Theory is that in my southeastern state (not Florida), people are moving around like normal and the only thing is restaurants, churches, and movie theatres are closed. There’s going to be a push from some states to reopen around April 19th. Businesses will want to send people back to factories with extra mask, glove and cleaning protection. Some states like NY may not

Another theory is that millions in the US have got the virus and didn’t know it, thereby creating antibodies to getting it again.

If everybody is moving around in July freely, I doubt that the football season is over. If it needs to be, oh well. However, the orange county lockdown is showing at this point a sign of a possible reduction today for the first time in the number of new cases. Although we're NOT going to get back to normal in two weeks. Six weeks isn't impossible for things to go back to somewhat normal (with some lingering limitations) which is approx. when the first summer session starts at UCF.

Give everybody an "A" for their spring class marks. Why not, we just gave away over $2.2T. And have the AAC give everybody a trophy :)

Just follow the 15 rules for safe social interaction for now and this too shall pass.

Dumb question: is the spring game still on for this weekend or cancelled/postponed? If it’s still on, is there a way to watch online?

And what if the pink clouds in the morning sky are really cotton candy. And what if all the people lived life in peace...

China has already began to cap this virus while having over 1.4 billion people. If this isn't over before football season then something is fundamentally wrong with how things are done in this country.
So they say but their lies and propaganda in the first place is why this has exploded. There are 21 millions cel phones thrned off in china since this started. Their true death toll is millions

So they say but their lies and propaganda in the first place is why this has exploded. There are 21 millions cel phones thrned off in china since this started. Their true death toll is millions
yes as of late i'm starting to agree with that premise. they lie a lot and it goes unchecked.

Reactions: ahabmw and shacket
Wow. Seriously, wtf. If its proven that China lied about this allowing it to go unchecked, it's going to be a major talking point during the general election with one person saying he told us so. And if they ruined football season I'm going to start feeling a little conflicted.

Reactions: shacket
Source?

Wow. Seriously, wtf. If its proven that China lied about this allowing it to go unchecked, it's going to be a major talking point during the general election with one person saying he told us so. And if they ruined football season I'm going to start feeling a little conflicted.
for me i'm just speculating, seeing how fast its spreading here and in Italy even with quarantine. To see the spread just suddenly stop at 80,000 in a country with that many people who had exposure the longest. It just raises a few eyebrows for me.

for me i'm just speculating, seeing how fast its spreading here and in Italy even with quarantine. To see the spread just suddenly stop at 80,000 in a country with that many people who had exposure the longest. It just raises a few eyebrows for me.

That is my thought on it as well... We probably won't find out for months (or maybe never), but for a country with a HUGE population like China to be forced to shut themselves down, and then have less overall cases then the US seems... interesting.

I would bet that there are more unreported cases and deaths in China than total cases and deaths in all of Europe, at a minimum. People don't seem to realize that China has almost twice as many total people as Europe. Also, the virus started there and there were cases for MONTHS before there was any lockdown action. Chances are, when this is over, there will have been over 2x as many cases and deaths in China than in all of Europe.

The communist government of china has been known to lie to other countries about a wide range of topics, including currency manipulation, intellectual property theft, etc., but this is the worst and most egregious lie yet. They may have killed hundreds of thousands to millions of people with their lies, starting with their own people and expanding globally by the time this is all over. Global virus response would have been way different if we had real data coming out of China from the beginning. I think this will be the downfall of Xi.

What if we had won the 2018 Peach Bowl AND the 2019 Fiesta Bowl?

We would have beaten the two most talked about QBs in the NFL this season

Jarrett Stidham and Joe Burrows :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...tidham-ready-to-replace-tom-brady/ar-BB128F1s

This says a lot about the football program. If we had KZ in the Fiesta Bowl, I believe we would have won. If KZ was healthy good chance we wouldn't have DG? If 2020 gets cancelled, then good chance we have both healthy going into the next football season :)

Last edited:
What if we had won the 2018 Peach Bowl AND the 2019 Fiesta Bowl?

We would have beaten the two most talked about QBs in the NFL this season

Jarrett Stidham and Joe Burrows :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...tidham-ready-to-replace-tom-brady/ar-BB128F1s

This says a lot about the football program. If we had KZ in the Fiesta Bowl, I believe we would have won. If KZ was healthy good chance we wouldn't have DG? If 2020 gets cancelled, then good chance we have both healthy going into the next football season :)
I don’t think Stidham will be very good. Belichek probably retires in a year to 3. That was all Brady.

Seeming more and more likely that the 2020 College Football Season will be cancelled or at minimum, postponed until Spring of 2021. The Olympics were to run until early/mid August.....hard to imagine it being significantly safer 2-3 weeks after that to allow safety of the players to train/practice not to mention packed stadiums.....becoming very pessimistic that we're going to have a season at least this fall.

Seeming more and more likely that the 2020 College Football Season will be cancelled or at minimum, postponed until Spring of 2021. The Olympics were to run until early/mid August.....hard to imagine it being significantly safer 2-3 weeks after that to allow safety of the players to train/practice not to mention packed stadiums.....becoming very pessimistic that we're going to have a season at least this fall.
I feel the same way. It's good to hear that all these measures are reducing the number of predicted deaths but I feel certain the season will not start on time.

Why do stadiums have to be packed? They can play without anyone in the stands, more eyes for tv. So you also think colleges will be closed in the fall? I don’t. Take temperatures of the kids before games and you’re good to go.

the olympics was bringing tens of thousands of people from every country of the planet into one location. Japan doesn’t want that right now

Reactions: OvilleNative
Why do stadiums have to be packed? They can play without anyone in the stands, more eyes for tv. So you also think colleges will be closed in the fall? I don’t. Take temperatures of the kids before games and you’re good to go.

the olympics was bringing tens of thousands of people from every country of the planet into one location. Japan doesn’t want that right now

A lot more than just players needed to be able to have a game, never mind having it televised on top of that.

Also I wouldn't be surprised schools are closed in the fall and they continue virtual learning.

I don't think we will be in full lock down in the fall, but sports/concerts/ect are going to be the last things that get reinstated.

Reactions: OvilleNative
I wish I shared your optimism. I'm holding on to hope there will be a season in the Spring of 2021.

I do agree, school won't be closed, but in the classroom they can rearrange seating and limit class size to facilitate social distancing. They can also offer more online classes. For the players though, how do you maintain social distance in a contact sport? Yes, temperatures can be taken, but people are known to be contagious even asymptomatic. Not to mention the logistics of team's traveling commercial air and staying in hotels....

Reactions: Knight Strength
I agree that we won’t have 40,000 people in the stadium until a vaccine arrives. If we can get the 15 minute quick tests in mass supply then test every player and coach the morning of the game. But the equipment staff, refs, and tv crew can all wear masks and have their temperatures taken to reduce the risk if they want.

I don’t see schools, conferences, and tv networks leaving billions on the table if businesses are back open this summer and everything except concerts and mega churches are open

I don’t see schools, conferences, and tv networks leaving billions on the table if businesses are back open this summer and everything except concerts and mega churches are open

NHL, NBA, MLB just did that. A lot more money is being lost than just NCAA. If professional athletes are not playing come Fall, good luck telling kids that they are going to play.

Also how do you do social distancing in school dorms? Temp checks for every kid that walks in and out of the dorm? Having a separate dorm to quarantine.

NHL, NBA, MLB just did that. A lot more money is being lost than just NCAA. If professional athletes are not playing come Fall, good luck telling kids that they are going to play.

Also how do you do social distancing in school dorms? Temp checks for every kid that walks in and out of the dorm? Having a separate dorm to quarantine.
MLB, NBA, and NHL will be back playing in front of empty arenas soon

What’s the death rate for 18 year olds? Less than .1%? I’m willing to bet it’s the same as normal flu for 18 year olds. No one ever shut down the dorm when I was there for the normal flu

I posed this scenario elsewhere and people acted like I had grown a dick on my forehead. Let's be real, things are crazy right now and no one knows what's going to happen just like a month ago no one thought multi billion dollar industries halted to nearly nothing, people werent going to leave their homes for a month and counting and we would have this much uncertainty.

NCAA is not going to risk playing a bunch of kids if this is still going on. Forget the stadium attendance, money and logistics involved. People continue to say "BuT ThE BiLliOnS ThEy LoSe" and that makes zero sense considering everything else going on. Of course no one is going to come out and say anything now, because it's too soon but also all these industries have no choice but to be optimistic even if it is deceptive. Of course an AD or coach or wedding venue is going to say, "yeah everything is good we are looking forward to September!" What else would you expect?

MLB, NBA, and NHL will be back playing in front of empty arenas soon

What’s the death rate for 18 year olds? Less than .1%? I’m willing to bet it’s the same as normal flu for 18 year olds. No one ever shut down the dorm when I was there for the normal flu

MLB said they are not even close to starting the season. NBA will take 25 days to start even if they are told to resume.

For NCAA they have to have everything figured out by August, because you are not having a season with out full practice. Particularly after no practice in spring. Imagine the logistical nightmares if the first few weeks of the season are missed, and conference games are cancelled.

The dorms are shut now, so it seems like a lot of things are happening that didn't when you went to school. The world is not shut down because of high percentage of mortality, it's percentage that needs extra care. 5% of 10K on UCF campus getting sick enough to need student health services would be enough to make it overwhelming.

There's also talk that even if the virus dies down in the summer, it could ramp back up in the winter months. Some also say this could become a seasonal virus like the flu. Idk how true these are, but I'm guessing the NCAA will want to have a clear picture of what things will be like in the fall and winter months, probably sometime in May

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT