ADVERTISEMENT

What is Johnny Dawkins answer to abysmal free throw shooting??

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
My gosh this is disturbing.

It seems like almost ANY team we play can hit most of their free throws (and we can't)!

This will really hurt us this year unless Dawkins gets this under control.

Now any team will know to just foul us if they are down by 10 pts, and UCF will miss their free throws and turn the ball over.

Last knight in the post game show with Marc Daniels, nobody wants to talk about our horrible free throw shooting!

It seems like almost ANY team we play can hit most of their free throws (and we can't)!

Now any team will know to just foul us if they are down by 10 pts, and UCF will miss their free throws and turn the ball over.

Last knight in the post game show with Marc Daniels, nobody wants to talk about our horrible free throw shooting!

FT's actually helped win the game for UCF last night...as UCF made 28 of them (70%) to just 10 for GW.

UCF shot 66.7% from the FT line last year and yes, losing the best FT shooter (Williams), Tank was decent (73%) and BJ was ok (72%, much better in clutch) hurts...but shooting 70% is ok...especially if you get the other team in the bonus early in each half and you throw up 40 of them.

Most had an ok to good night at the line:

Brown: 8-10 (80%) Shot just 62.5% from the FT last year
Dejesus 4-5 (80%)
McSpadden 6-8 (75%)
AJ: 5-7 (71.4%) His averaged dropped last year to 68.8%
Griffin: 2-3 (66.7%)
Allen: 3-7 (42.9%) Biggest shock as he was 6-6 on Friday night

FT shooting is up a tick this year so far and UCF lost their top shooter from last year and BJ Taylor didn't play. 70% is good for a team. Not abysmal.

Did you delete the other thread that asked the same question? We made 7 out of every 10. That is good. That would be good for an NBA team. 3 point shooting was the reason the game was close.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow

Happens to every basketball team. You then make them practice them, easy.

70% is not bad at all, just need a small brush up

Nevermind FTs....we looked like we were running Donnie Jones’s offense out there for long periods of time. Pass around the perimeter and when the shot clock is almost out, heave up a shot. It was horrible. We didn’t look like that st all in the first game. For a couple of minutes they just kept feeding the ball to Dayon, and he was aggressive and went to the hoop, and scored several baskets....and then they just quit going to it. I️ don’t get it. In situations like that you go to the well until it is dry. I’m not going to freak out about anything yet. Tacko was out. New guys we’re running the offense and hopefully they just get better. We have 4 new starters essentially until tacko plays so it’s going to take some time to figure things out.

Thats Coach Dawkins speaking this. Are you going to question the guy?
And yes Orlando and missing free throws is an unfortunate event of circumstances.

I'm more worried about why we're missing 3/5 of the starters due to injuries. They need to get the football S&C coach to pay Dawkins a visit

People Tacko's size are prone to injury. BJ has been injured each of the past 3 seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT