ADVERTISEMENT

What is your favorite movie theater?

Knightshift

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Titusville, FL
Most theater complexes are decent enough these days, but what theaters stand out to you in providing the best movie experience?

I've heard the Winter Park Regal is now BOMB. However, as I live downtown, I quite enjoy the Cobb in the Plaza.

West Orange 5. First run movies, low ticket prices, reasonable food prices and they serve beer. I can take a family of 4 for a matinee w/ food, drinks and beer for $40-45.

I used to live for going to see movies in the theatre; however, I can probably count on both hands how many times I've been to the movie theatre in the last 5 years. For me it comes down to the assholes in the theatre that are talking and/or texting, and that the films are generally shit-level awful. Why go and talk? It's not your friggin' living room. Although that's always been a problem, the glow of cell phone screens has been the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Add to that the fact that the quality of the films being shown these days could only possibly appeal to knuckle-draggers and it's just an experience I'd rather avoid altogether.

All of that said, the only theatres that I'll even consider going to nowadays are ones in which you can choose your seat beforehand (typically with those electric recliners) and which serve decent food/drink (e.g., Cinebistro, etc.).

theres this theatre down in pembroke pines that i love. they have full blown reclining seats and you can even reserve the seats in advance. love it.

I like the Fashion Square mall one. Not fancy, but it's cheap. The 11am-ish showing of films are around $6. The 2:30-ish showing is usually around $9. And most movies aren't worth more than that.

And thank you for giving us a good discussion topic.

I used to live for going to see movies in the theatre; however, I can probably count on both hands how many times I've been to the movie theatre in the last 5 years. For me it comes down to the assholes in the theatre that are talking and/or texting, and that the films are generally shit-level awful. Why go and talk? It's not your friggin' living room. Although that's always been a problem, the glow of cell phone screens has been the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Add to that the fact that the quality of the films being shown these days could only possibly appeal to knuckle-draggers and it's just an experience I'd rather avoid altogether.

All of that said, the only theatres that I'll even consider going to nowadays are ones in which you can choose your seat beforehand (typically with those electric recliners) and which serve decent food/drink (e.g., Cinebistro, etc.).

We save our movie outings for things I feel like one only should experience in a theater. For example: we saw Dunkirk in one of those seat-shaking reclining-seat theaters. It was cool, and I am glad viewed it that way. I will fork out the cash to see the new Star Wars at the IMAX at Pointe Orlando. And even for that, I am going to wait a month and see it on a random afternoon so I don't have to deal with a bunch of asshole teens who are only going to snapchat their way through the whole damn thing. There are a few other directors whose movies I value to see on the big screen (Scorsese, Tarantino), but their stuff comes out so infrequently.

Otherwise, there isn't much a theater has to offer me that I wouldn't rather redbox and just watch at the house.

Aloma Cinema Grill. Small Business, inexpensive tickets, cold beer. Another plus for me is people don't go there expecting a pristine cinematic experience, so when my daughter gets antsy or starts rattling off questions, it's not going to bother as many people.

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT