ADVERTISEMENT

What should they have done differently?

So if Floyd has a history of physical confrontation or breaking laws it probably should as well, correct?

Floyd isnt on trial, this is nothing more than trying to excuse the death of a black man at the hands of the cop. Everyone saw the video, everyone saw he wasnt a threat to them, and they killed him anyway, his "history" has nothing to do with why he was killed.

Your first sentence just repeats what I said almost exactly. Except that prior drug use would be relevant because it would bolster a belief that he was on drugs now based on observations of the police and of the security guard.

Whether George Floyd was a man of even decent character has everything to do with the public narrative that police are out there killing good people for no reason at all and the implication every interaction that results in use of force is unwarranted. The fact that the narrative is absolutely wrong on Trayvon, on Hands Up Don’t Shoot, on others is relevant in the court of public opinion.

Almost every one of these national cases has tried to claim that the person killed was a good person. Why is that if it’s not relevant? You know the answer, will you be honest about it?

Why hasn’t the media covered that Floyd has a history of violent crime and drug use? That should be relevant to the story, so why not cover it?

Using drugs isnt a crime punishable by death, so it doesnt excuse the cops actions.

Using drugs isnt a crime punishable by death, so it doesnt excuse the cops actions.
This is a disingenuous argument given everything that has already been said in this thread.

Floyd isnt on trial, this is nothing more than trying to excuse the death of a black man at the hands of the cop. Everyone saw the video, everyone saw he wasnt a threat to them, and they killed him anyway, his "history" has nothing to do with why he was killed.
No one is trying to excuse the death. The officers on that scene did a lot of bad things during that interaction. I’m done going in circles with you all. Believe what you want. Make martyrs of people you would never associate with in your life. Ignore the good people who are killed by bad people. Have at it.

I'm fine with that. By that standard, the cop shouldn't be judged by his record of complaints as well though, which is unreasonable by any standard. We can't have it both ways.

I'm fine with that. By that standard, the cop shouldn't be judged by his record of complaints as well though, which is unreasonable by any standard. We can't have it both ways.

HIs record of complaints is being brought up to show how poorly the PD was run and how he probably shouldnt have been on the street to begin with. And yes, we can have it both ways, thats how courts work. Floyd's past doesnt justify Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin is the one that will be on trial, not Floyd.

No one is trying to excuse the death. The officers on that scene did a lot of bad things during that interaction. I’m done going in circles with you all. Believe what you want. Make martyrs of people you would never associate with in your life. Ignore the good people who are killed by bad people. Have at it.

Ok, good talk.

Because I and everyone else has made that point already numerous times. You just circled right back to the beginning.

I literally responsed to a post you made today, talking about his possible drug use, so no, I didnt circle around to anything, I responded to a post you made like an hour ago.

HIs record of complaints is being brought up to show how poorly the PD was run and how he probably shouldnt have been on the street to begin with. And yes, we can have it both ways, thats how courts work. Floyd's past doesnt justify Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin is the one that will be on trial, not Floyd.
Is the PD on trial? Is Chauvin on trial for something he did last year or 5 years ago?

Maybe go back and read why this became a topic of conversation. Its not about making 1 party more innocent and the other more guilty, its about what will happen at the trial.

Is the PD on trial? Is Chauvin on trial for something he did last year or 5 years ago?

Maybe go back and read why this became a topic of conversation. Its not about making 1 party more innocent and the other more guilty, its about what will happen at the trial.

The PD is on trial in the sense that people want them to do better, and there will certainly be civil suits I would imagine.

No, Chauvin will be on trial for killing a man in broad daylight while being filmed, for no reason.

Your first sentence just repeats what I said almost exactly. Except that prior drug use would be relevant because it would bolster a belief that he was on drugs now based on observations of the police and of the security guard.

Whether George Floyd was a man of even decent character has everything to do with the public narrative that police are out there killing good people for no reason at all and the implication every interaction that results in use of force is unwarranted. The fact that the narrative is absolutely wrong on Trayvon, on Hands Up Don’t Shoot, on others is relevant in the court of public opinion.

Almost every one of these national cases has tried to claim that the person killed was a good person. Why is that if it’s not relevant? You know the answer, will you be honest about it?

Why hasn’t the media covered that Floyd has a history of violent crime and drug use? That should be relevant to the story, so why not cover it?
If the media covered his past, there wouldn't be enough outrage to start protests and riots. He would just be seen as another thug with a rap-sheet that broke yet another law and died while resisting arrest. Nobody cares about that story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT