ADVERTISEMENT

What was the last UCF football game only available on radio? 📻

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
Was just thinking about this tonight... reminiscing about the early days of C-USA and some of the interesting viewing options.

In the first few years of C-USA, if the game wasn't on CSTV or a rare game on ESPN2, there was CUSA All-Access: An internet stream that usually had radio announcers + video board feed. Cost $9.95 month or something like that. Around 2005/06, a few of those games were aired on some random Dish Network channel which was better for viewing since it was a satellite feed and not a low-res internet stream. I remember watching the 2005 game at ECU on Dish Network, and I think I went to Wackadoo's for a similar broadcast of the Southern Miss game. Maybe Bright House was able to pick up those games.

Tulane, since they played in the Superdome and not their own stadium, never participated in C-USA All-Access. At least that was their excuse. The last game I remember listening to on the radio exclusively was the 2006 game at Tulane, a 10-9 loss.

In 2010, when UCF made their next visit to Tulane, they still weren't complying with C-USA All-Access so I think that game was radio only. There was some sort of local New Orleans TV station doing a broadcast, maybe for replay purposes, but it wasn't available outside of the city. I was at the game in person.

So I think the 2010 road game at Tulane was the last UCF game that didn't have a TV or video streaming broadcast?

@UCF_Video, do you remember?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News