ADVERTISEMENT

What's a pipeline, for out of state U?

80'sKnight

Silver Knight
Feb 24, 2010
I was just wondering what is considered a Florida pipeline for out of state Unis. 1 player a year? More? The reason I ask is, what advantage would it be for the Big 12 to have a footprint in Florida. Back months ago, I kept reading ass-reporters saying things like Texas doesn't need a Florida team in the Big 1 they're strong in Florida already. etc. etc. Well, this years recruiting brought 7 maybe 8 players from Florida into the conference. Is that a pipeline?

Breakdown
Texas 1 3* you know who
W virg 1 3*
Okla 1 3*
TCU 1 3*
Baylor 1 3 * you know who
Iowa st. 2 3* 1 from Culpepper's school; 1 3* not yet signed

I was just wondering what is considered a Florida pipeline for out of state Unis. 1 player a year? More? The reason I ask is, what advantage would it be for the Big 12 to have a footprint in Florida. Back months ago, I kept reading ass-reporters saying things like Texas doesn't need a Florida team in the Big 1 they're strong in Florida already. etc. etc. Well, this years recruiting brought 7 maybe 8 players from Florida into the conference. Is that a pipeline?

Breakdown
Texas 1 3* you know who
W virg 1 3*
Okla 1 3*
TCU 1 3*
Baylor 1 3 * you know who
Iowa st. 2 3* 1 from Culpepper's school; 1 3* not yet signed
California, Texas, and Florida the three "feeder" states for talent because of being the 3 largest states and year-round climate. A rule of thumb for a pipeline if you have nearly as many of your 22 starters from TX (or FL) as you do from your home state. Pipelines are generally North-South, with central states recruiting Texas heavily, the eastern third mining Florida, and the Mountain and Pacific states recruiting California. The exceptions are the national powerhouses that can afford to recruit nationally and command the interest of players anywhere. Another caveat is that FL is known for talent with speed while Texas for its skilled players (football is a religion there, northern dads take their kids deer hunting, Texans have a football in their hands).

Reactions: ProAttitude
[QUOTE="UCFProf, post: 980590, member: 1848", northern dads take their kids deer hunting, Texans have a football in their hands).[/QUOTE]

U are so out of touch, Northern dads take their kids to Knitting,, and being emotionally connected classes. They don't allow hunting anymore.

[QUOTE="UCFProf, post: 980590, member: 1848", northern dads take their kids deer hunting, Texans have a football in their hands).

U are so out of touch, Northern dads take their kids to Knitting,, and being emotionally connected classes. They don't allow hunting anymore.[/QUOTE]
Wha??? Dad's up there plan the births of their kids so it doesn't conflict with deer season. Schools close. If a boy hasn't bagged a deer by age 10, there's something wrong with him. I've passed 5 mile long bumper to bumper with at least one steaming carcass on each vehicle.

U are so out of touch, Northern dads take their kids to Knitting,, and being emotionally connected classes. They don't allow hunting anymore.

Wha??? Dad's up there plan the births of their kids so it doesn't conflict with deer season. Schools close. If a boy hasn't bagged a deer by age 10, there's something wrong with him. I've passed 5 mile long bumper to bumper with at least one steaming carcass on each vehicle.
When was that, 1957?

Guys, I grew up playing football and baseball in Ohio. You are correct in that Friday night football is part of the State culture -- public leagues and Catholic leagues. But it has nothing to do with hunting, guns etc. Ohio is a perfect blend of 3 large urban areas, Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati that fit nicely with many sizeable towns like Canton, Sandusky, Massillon,Youngstown, etc -- that produce young men who take football seriously from a young age. The competition among programs is intense. Nothing wrong with three yards and a cloud of dust. Running over the other team wins championships when blended with solid defense.

and, Go Cats !!

ps - Ohio has a substantial trucking industry, but it has nothing to do with solid high school football

Last edited:
Guys, I grew up playing football and baseball in Ohio. You are correct in that Friday night football is part of the State culture -- public leagues and Catholic leagues. But it has nothing to do with hunting, guns etc. Ohio is a perfect blend of 3 large urban areas, Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati that fit nicely with many sizeable towns like Canton, Sandusky, Massillon,Youngstown, etc -- that produce young men who take football seriously from a young age. The competition among programs is intense. Nothing wrong with three yards and a cloud of dust. Running over the other team wins championships when blended with solid defense.
and, Go Cats !!
ps - Ohio has a substantial trucking industry, but it has nothing to do with solid high school football
Ohio has always been the best northern school for football recruiting (Indiana for basketball, Pennsylvania wrestling and wrestling defensive football players). What abut Michigan? They just recruit in Ohio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT