ADVERTISEMENT

Where Has Mike Aresco Been?

Why would this dope commissioner "agree" that UCF was not a top 4 team when half of the BCS computer rankings ranked UCF in the top 2 and 2/3 had UCF in the top 3?
Because he's contractually obligated to.

But he could point out the BCS Computer Average, yes, and not be in violation of contract. He has to be very tactiful.

That all said ... he was a 'company man' and literally f'd up. He needs to go.

Reactions: Mikesi
Even if this is true he is still a spineless jelly fish ......

AAC commissioner Mike Aresco said Wednesday that No. 15 UCF "isn't getting a fair shake" from the CFP selection committee

Then after the Peach Bowl he went total limp dick, no more P6 chest thumping, and went silent after AAC got totally shafted except for .....

"I'm not there yet. I am open to the notion, but I'm not campaigning for it. The last thing I want to do is give anyone the impression I'm campaigning to expand it, because I'm not. I'm happy with the four."

Very weak, stop defending him!

Aresco was hired to build a conference and negotiate the best TV contract. It is has been a body of
work which includes UCF's spectacular 13-0 season, culminated by the their tremendous 34-27 victory
against all odds and the talking heads over Auburn in the Peach Bowl.

I get it, UCF fans are more than excited. You are also angry and demand respect as you should. In my mind UCF is the National Champion.

As a UCONN fan, this obscure New England school has achieved some amazing accomplishments/National Championships in several sports and while in the AAC. Men's basketball, 4, 1999, 2000, 2011 and 2014 - Women's Basketball, 11, the most recent in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Although not Football or Basketball UCONN'S also won two Men's NC's in Soccer, 1981 and 2000. Also three NC's in Women's field hockey in 2013, 2014 and 2017.

Aside from Women's basketball, our Football and Basketball programs are at all time lows. UCONN fans want out of the AAC and blame the conference for many of our recent woes. We were left at the alter. As upsetting as that is in light of our accomplishments, waiting for a P5 invite is not a realistic strategy. Therefore, the hope that Mike Aresco and staff can bring us a bigger TV contract, for now is the best option.

A quick knee jerk reaction by Aresco to UCF's astounding season may help sway public opinion but it won't land a deal anymore than Vince McMahon holding news conferences demanding the XFL get recognition by the NFL. I maintain that the American has a well thought out plan which will leverage Aresco's many years in the college/network TV business to structure what's best for all members. Have you studied the AAC's long term strategic plan? (attached below) Be patient my son!

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.c...17/5/1/AACStrategyGuide_WEB_FINAL.pdf?id=1374

Last edited:
I supported Aresco ... prior to all this. He could have done his job a lot, lot better. In fact, I was encouraged by his comments about the CFP and ranking American teams too low ... before the Peach.

The CFP "Corporation" must have said something to him after the Peach and the negative press the CFP received. I'm sure Danny White got it too. But I'm glad Danny didn't change. Aresco very much did.

Reactions: cws3 and JAFFX2

Our schedule vs. BYU in 84'.

Now THAT was a high school bush league schedule. Ours was murderers row compared to the Mormon Mafia.

BYU in their bowl game played the 6th place Big Ten Team (Michigan, tied for 6th actually) while UCF played SEC West Champ Auburn, who beat both Georgia and Alabama who played in the P5 Tournament Final.

Last edited:
I don't refer to them as the "Power 5 (P5)" any more.
I refer to them as the "Power 3 + 2 handicap (P3+2)."

There is no such thing as P5.
There is only P3 or P6.

He thinks following the example of the brown dog (AAC) is how you get into the center of the ring with the black dog (P5).

whose_in_charge.jpg

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I think Aresco just woke up from a coma
Someone from P6 probably pissed him off and he doesn’t want to kiss their asses now. Either that or he’s feeling the UCF/AAC heat
I bet a combination of meetings, from the AAC meeting to the 'outcome' of the CFP meetings, changed his view. Hopefully someone will have the inside scoop on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT