ADVERTISEMENT

Where would we rank if undefeated?

PhDee

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2019
#5 Utah has 1 win over a ranked opponents (USC)
#6 Oklahoma has 2 wins over ranked opponents (Baylor, Ok St.)
#7 Baylor has 1 win over ranked opponent (Ok St.)
#8 Wisconsin has 3 wins over ranked opponents (Michigan, Iowa, Minn.)
#9 Florida has 1 win over a ranked opponent (Auburn)

Undefeated, I think we would have fit in at #8 and with a conference win would jump to #6.

Reactions: Endeavor.
#5 Utah has 1 win over a ranked opponents (USC)
#6 Oklahoma has 2 wins over ranked opponents (Baylor, Ok St.)
#7 Baylor has 1 win over ranked opponent (Ok St.)
#8 Wisconsin has 3 wins over ranked opponents (Michigan, Iowa, Minn.)
#9 Florida has 1 win over a ranked opponent (Auburn)

Undefeated, I think we would have fit in at #8 and with a conference win would jump to #6.
11 and if we won the hypothetical NY6 we would drop to 14. The cartel would still work it magic.

Reactions: UCFhonors
If undefeated our best win would have been a 9-3 Cincy squad who would likely be unranked at this point. Stanford at 4-8 and Pitt at 6-6 wouldn't have really moved the needle for us. 12 sounds fair. Now with a win over Memphis in the CCG, that should get us to around 10. It won't ever be enough to schedule middle of the road P5 programs if we want a shot at the playoffs. Not likely to ever get in, unless we can beat a P5 conference champion during the Non conference. But we would have to be able to schedule an OU, or tOSU, or someone like that. For schools like that, I would be fine with a 2 for deal provided there be no buyout. They have to come here at least once. To our stadium, not camping world or the Citrus Bowl.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
We were getting very favorable rankings even when we lost. We wouldn’t be top 4 but I don’t see why we wouldn’t be top 10.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I say 8th, kinda like last year, 8th is about as much respect as you can give a team without actually considering them for the playoff.

Assuming that everybody else had the same record, UCF would probably come in around 7 or 8. There were a lot of teams in the top 12 that lost late so UCF would have moved up pretty regularly. Regardless, OSU, LSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Florida would be ranked higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT