ADVERTISEMENT

Which 3 non-UCF games will you pay attention to in Week 2

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
I probably won't watch any of these since I'll be tailgating and will be at the game. But I will try to keep up with the score updates:

UConn vs Boise State - 10:15pm. A very interesting common opponent for us & Boise. It will let us know how good each really is.

Penn St vs Pitt - 8:00 pm. Penn St looked terrible. A Pitt win would heup up our matchup.

UK vs uf - 7:30. I haven't paid attention to a sec matchup in over a decade. But I really hope all of the Old FL 3 have a loss by the end of Week 2.

Honorable mention.
GT vs usf. - Noon.

Also interested in Houston vs Arizona. Good opportunity to get a win against a "name" P6 team. I believe it is on ABC/ESPN so hopefully it gets good TV viewership as well.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Boise State vs UConn - This will be the common game between us and all of the talking heads will use it as the reason why Boise State is ahead of us (if they win by a greater margin).

1. I expect Boise State to win pretty big. It's a home game for them and UConn was not very good. It is one of the games I'm interested in, though.

2. Penn St vs Pitt for sure.

3. Interested to see how Colorado vs Nebraska turns out.

UF has beat Kentucky 31 times in a row. I wouldn't count on an upset, especially since it is in The Swamp. I mean, it can happen but I think the chances are real small.

Also interested in Houston vs Arizona. Good opportunity to get a win against a "name" P6 team. I believe it is on ABC/ESPN so hopefully it gets good TV viewership as well.
I watched some of the Arizona game last week vs BYU, was not impressed with Tate(& Sumlin's playcalls) considering he was getting some Heisman hype

curious to see Nebraska play bc the offense will obviously be familiar to all us UCF fans & how that freshman QB does

It's funny pundits say Boise has a tougher schedule only because they play Ok State. Who cares? One team makes your schedule? Ginnie a break.

Gotta love these predetermined story lines.

UCF's opponents 4-8, 3 wins over FCS , 1-3 vs. P5. 2 losses against FCS.

Boise State opponents 7-7, 1-4 vs. P5, and no losses to FCS.

Agree with your list, minus the UF game.

I'm more interested in the Houston or USF game. We need some P5 wins from our conference mates.

Agree with your list, minus the UF game.

I'm more interested in the Houston or USF game. We need some P5 wins from our conference mates.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Arizona travels to Houston. That's on my watchlist as well...well, at least while I'm not rooting on our team.

Boise vs Uconn

Colorado vs NGEbraska

USF vs Georgia Tech

Wouldn’t mind seeing Kentucky finally beating the Gators and bringing them back to reality

Penn State vs Pittsburgh as well

There are really 5 for me

Vegas is giving Boise 31 points. The must think Boise is better than UCF with 24 points against UCONN. I think UCONN will improve from our game. A bunch of freshmen got game experience. Do I think UCONN will win? Eh..., no, but hoping they beat the point spread!

Vegas is giving Boise 31 points. The must think Boise is better than UCF with 24 points against UCONN. I think UCONN will improve from our game. A bunch of freshmen got game experience. Do I think UCONN will win? Eh..., no, but hoping they beat the point spread!

7 points difference is due to playing at home vs playing away. I don't take it personally.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
It’s going to be tough to top 56-17. If they do, well they are a good team and we should be concerned about who will be voted the best G5 team as far as the polls. It’s suoer early.

Boise has home field advantage and it’s a far away game for Uconn, but it’s the second game like you mentioned

Florida/Kentucky
Clemson/Texas A & M
Georgia/South Carolina

Honorable Mention - USF/Georgia Tech

Astros / Red Sox will be an interesting series this weekend.
MichaelScottShutsdooronDunder-Mifflinguy_zps82023db0.gif~c200

That speread factoring in home vs away game for us says Boise is 2 touchdowns worse than us. Prior to the game UCF and UConn weren’t known quantities. They saw UCF beat them by 39 on the road and said that Boise could beat them by 31 at home. That’s encouraging.

Reactions: Mikesi
That speread factoring in home vs away game for us says Boise is 2 touchdowns worse than us. Prior to the game UCF and UConn weren’t known quantities. They saw UCF beat them by 39 on the road and said that Boise could beat them by 31 at home. That’s encouraging.
Good point. Can’t wait to see what happens on the field. Excited weekend ahead. Our game is a relaxing one so it’s a great weekend to follow other games. Should be able to catch all the ones that I’m interested in.

I probably won't watch any of these since I'll be tailgating and will be at the game. But I will try to keep up with the score updates:
UConn vs Boise State - 10:15pm. A very interesting common opponent for us & Boise. It will let us know how good each really is.
Penn St vs Pitt - 8:00 pm. Penn St looked terrible. A Pitt win would heup up our matchup.
Pitt is then home v. GA Tech and then @ UNC no less, after us.

It would be awesome for them to beat Penn State and come in ranked.

BTW, HTF is Penn State still #13?!?!?!

Reactions: Knight Strength
North Carolina at ECU. if ECU wins, we need to win.
Otherwise, we need to play better than ECU did against them.
Obvious is obvious.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I wouldn't expect a lot of winning out of ECU this year.
Well, they did play one of the toughest FCS teams. So don't read too much into their loss ... yet.

UNC @ ECU will tell us a lot ... about both of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT